ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa at Navy Offical Thread

Yet another sign of a bad coach. When you can't maintain your focus and show a lack of mental toughness. Especially so early in a game and while you are ahead.

We got stomped and Navy had their way with us since everyone seems to have forgotten. That thread should be reviewed on here with comments about how crap we were and that Navy broke its road losing streak, etc.
Preaching to the choir bro.

Reactions: TU4ever2
Or Navy forfeits and we get an easy win.

I'm happy this got rescheduled. That way we have an extra week to heal up, practice, and get ready for SMU. And with no trap Navy game in between to possibly lose. Gives us the best chance to play and beat a ranked SMU team and come into the next few games and build up our ranking with Tulane and Houston. That way if we lose to Navy or Cincy, we could be high enough ranked to not fall out of the ranking.

Yeah, baby!

Reactions: bluegold70
I'm happy this got rescheduled. That way we have an extra week to heal up, practice, and get ready for SMU. And with no trap Navy game in between to possibly lose. Gives us the best chance to play and beat a ranked SMU team and come into the next few games and build up our ranking with Tulane and Houston. That way if we lose to Navy or Cincy, we could be high enough ranked to not fall out of the ranking.

Yeah, baby!

We'll actually match up well with SMU, it was the team I thought we would have the best chance to upset at the top, before covid and after. I don't think we win, but our secondary can match up and they are far less down hill heavy run team than Cincy or Navy.

We'll actually match up well with SMU, it was the team I thought we would have the best chance to upset at the top, before covid and after. I don't think we win, but our secondary can match up and they are far less down hill heavy run team than Cincy or Navy.
We are better than SMU. Our defense should be able to slow them down. SMU's top WR coming into the season it out for the year with a torn ACL. Our DBs are good enough to keep the next 2 under wraps. SMU will not be able to effectively run and with a hopefully healthy Collins, Buechele's effectiveness in improvising plays should be limited. Our team speed at LB should definitely be able to keep that part contained.

On the flip side, SMU's defense is porous and that's a generous evaluation. It's not good at all. Cincinnati ran roughshod on them. Cincy has a mobile QB so that helped, but there were gaping holes in the line for the RBs too. Riddler also tore SMU's secondary up passing the ball. I think Smith is actually a better passer than Riddler.

SMU will have a ST advantage on returns. They always seem to have a dynamic return game that sets the offense up in good position. We will need to be better in coverage on those.

We are better than SMU. Our defense should be able to slow them down. SMU's top WR coming into the season it out for the year with a torn ACL. Our DBs are good enough to keep the next 2 under wraps. SMU will not be able to effectively run and with a hopefully healthy Collins, Buechele's effectiveness in improvising plays should be limited. Our team speed at LB should definitely be able to keep that part contained.

On the flip side, SMU's defense is porous and that's a generous evaluation. It's not good at all. Cincinnati ran roughshod on them. Cincy has a mobile QB so that helped, but there were gaping holes in the line for the RBs too. Riddler also tore SMU's secondary up passing the ball. I think Smith is actually a better passer than Riddler.

SMU will have a ST advantage on returns. They always seem to have a dynamic return game that sets the offense up in good position. We will need to be better in coverage on those.
SMU is the better team and their HB could murder us.

But after this cancelation you hope TU is ready to pull some pony legs off for dinner.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
SMU is the better team and their HB could murder us.

But after this cancelation you hope TU is ready to pull some pony legs off for dinner.
They definitely have a better offense, special teams and Head Coach. We have a much better defense. Hopefully the extra practice time to prep gives us the advantage. That is why we play the game.

Reactions: HuffyCane
They definitely have a better offense, special teams and Head Coach. We have a much better defense. Hopefully the extra practice time to prep gives us the advantage. That is why we play the game.
The defense will be tested. We struggled with OSU when they had a competent QB. UCF committed too many unforced errors, but also had success. The rest of the teams didn’t really show where we stand and even ECU had the ball and a chance to win. SMU could smoke us. They’ve got marquee players hurt, and that benefits us, but this is a real test. It’s the whole season really. We’ve struggled to put 34 points on the board in conference and at times it’s looked like we would have to depend on the defense to score for us. They throw up 35 to 50 points and it looks effortless. It could go South quick. We have been playing up or down to our competition. They had better be up. Should be a great great game.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT