ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa +7 @ Temple

It would still be an undervalued contract.

The numbers say right at 12 on the comparable going rate for viewers. Since it is likely to grow viewers, but the pay out will stay flat the AAC should be pushing for 12-14 a year. Come 2024 it would still be a steal for money return.

8-10 seems to be the speculation with strongest credibility right now.

I’m wondering if we stick with ESPN if we’ll have any content relegated to espn+. I haven’t kept up with it as much as I did initially when we moved to the conference, but what’s happened with conferences (like cusa) has been dreadful. I think we’re lucky to have aresco as opposed to Judy.

I’m wondering if we stick with ESPN if we’ll have any content relegated to espn+. I haven’t kept up with it as much as I did initially when we moved to the conference, but what’s happened with conferences (like cusa) has been dreadful. I think we’re lucky to have aresco as opposed to Judy.
I think you will see some content end up on the internet stream providers (Amazon, Facebook, Hulu, Netflix). If ESPN keeps the AAC, I think they make a deal where EVERY game can be streamed via ESPN+ (like the UFC) but the majority of games and all conference games will be on the primary ESPN networks. Remember, Disney is in the process of acquiring a lot of Fox entities including some of the Fox Sports stuff bringing Fox under the ESPN umbrella as well.

Reactions: TU4ever2
I think you will see some content end up on the internet stream providers (Amazon, Facebook, Hulu, Netflix). If ESPN keeps the AAC, I think they make a deal where EVERY game can be streamed via ESPN+ (like the UFC) but the majority of games and all conference games will be on the primary ESPN networks. Remember, Disney is in the process of acquiring a lot of Fox entities including some of the Fox Sports stuff bringing Fox under the ESPN umbrella as well.

I know a lot of content has been moving to streaming but I think it’s important for the image of the conference to have a good amount on linear tv as well.

The Disney merger doesn't get the Fox sports products.

Fox kept Fox and FS1, FS2 and all their deals. Disney had to agree to sell off the regionals they bought for government approval. Who they sell them to (and they only had 90 days to do it in, so it's about that time) could make a big deal. The regionals have good pro deals but lots of open windows. They cover most of the nation, but don't have many if any national rights.

Amazon buying them or NBC sports would be a big signal that something else might get in on bidding for us. There are open afternoon evening slots where they could tie the whole thing together, the regionals already do pretty well. Put a pre game, post game show together, sign two conferences up for the time slots and you have a relevant national network with a regional line up that max's out available viewers.

ESPN+ would be good for Olympic which is most likely. The current deals mean ESPN (read ACC network taking content) has open slots for games. I expect our football will go 90% on television, probably similar for basketball. 3rd tier rights (fcs games, two or three basketball games) will be sold locally for broadcast and carried nationally on the +.

Anybody see that cool (:crap:ty) tweet from Dan Wolken about tonight’s game? What’s even better is that our own beat writer liked the tweet.

Anybody see that cool (:crap:ty) tweet from Dan Wolken about tonight’s game? What’s even better is that our own beat writer liked the tweet.
Yeah, maybe Trent should ask Kelly Hines about that on the next interview show. Or better yet, maybe Coach at the press conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT