ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane game thread

Taplin has taken over again. Nice to see on both ends of the floor.

Great series there. Taplin hits a three, steals the ball on the other end then feeds Edogi for a alley oops slam.

Reactions: TU 1978
Taplin is going to get a triple double in a Tulsa uniform before all is said and done. Wow! 18-5-5 tonight with 5:20 to play.

Nice patient possession, thought Wheeler was going to jack one up there, then Etou at the FT line, and he found TK waiting for the slam. We didn't panic.

Tulame keeps fouling to extend a non winnable game. Idiots.

I know Etou struggled from the field but he did a lot of other good things that really help this team win. Bizarre game overall. Not sure Tulane could repeat this shooting performance in a game of HORSE.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Lord... I hate the zone defense.
maroonmadness-6.jpg

Terrible offense. If it weren't for Taplin we'd have lost this game. No rhythm.
Looked like Woj offense.great to see us hit the FTs. Woj teams couldn't do that either.

I disagree completely. We moved the ball well most of the game. Henderson played well. Birt played well. Artisan had productive minutes. We shot 50+ though not great from 3. Our FT shooting was almost perfect down the stretch.

Defense was the issue.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
bravo Gold for those vintage Wojick pics. When I am down, I go back to my happy place and view the Woj as left behind child as the White Cat in his office remembers (without any emotion) that he was supposed to pick up little Dougie. My all time favorite.

I thought Tulame looked pretty athletic & obviously can shoot the 3 after 10 of them in the second half. They will be much improved next year. You can't teach quick & Taplin has a ton of it. The crowd looked like around 2500, maybe.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Earlier tip than normal kept me from being able to attend. The lackluster opponent kept me from really trying all that hard. 3 straight Saturday home games starting with UCF should help attendance numbers.

Hurtt, Jordan and Uzoh = 0 NCAA appearances
Incredible.

Wojick could recruit, along with Cason, who is at Texas now with Shaka Smart. Uzoh and Jordan's Senior year, Wheatley played too many major minutes and had Zero offensive ability, similar to Andre Roberson (although he's better defensively). I remember defenses simply not guarding him and leaving the lane so clogged. It disrupted the offense at crucial times. To me, that was Woj's biggest coaching error in his time at Tulsa. Although there were others.

Now we have 5 players on the court who are scoring threats and that opens things up. Tulane looked like such a different team. That coach they had for years was terrible.

I thought Tulame looked pretty athletic & obviously can shoot the 3 after 10 of them in the second half. They will be much improved next year. You can't teach quick & Taplin has a ton of it. The crowd looked like around 2500, maybe.
The crowd looked like the home opener crowd, maybe worse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT