ADVERTISEMENT

TU Women @ UCONN

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Only lost by 18 in Storrs. TU was down by 15 after 1Q. Basically went toe to toe w/ UCONN after that. That’s a really good effort for the women.

Now Matilda will need to figure out how to get a consistent effort from her squad. You think it’s bad with the guys not knowing if Jekyll or Hyde is showing up each game. The women switch personalities from quarter to quarter.

After the game Geno said he would like to take away his teams uniforms due to how they played :( Sounds like he benched his starters for a significant portion of the game.

After the game Geno said he would like to take away his teams uniforms due to how they played :( Sounds like he benched his starters for a significant portion of the game.
Samuelsson didn’t play much at all, only had like 6 pts. UCONN only plays 7 regularly and the starters get heavy minutes. One of the bench players had 22 tonight. Shug Dickson had 17 for TU and was 5-10 from 3. Pretty sure that hacked Geno off too.

Last edited:
Geno said it was the worst effort he’s seen by a UCONN team in his 32 years there.

Geno said it was the worst effort he’s seen by a UCONN team in his 32 years there.
Sam, the TU social media and graphics guy, tweeted something to the effect that All Americans should come to TU and you'll have a chance to beat UCONN in response to Geno's quote that the only reason UCONN won was they had multiple All Americans and Tulsa doesn't. I don't think it was a swipe at us as much as him calling out his team for taking a night off.

I like what Matilda has done. She needs to get a player like Jillian Robbins to come to TU. The team lacks size to compete in the upper part of the AAC but they have some really really good guards. Shug Dickson is a fun player to watch.

Geno's quote that the only reason UCONN won was they had multiple All Americans and Tulsa doesn't. I don't think it was a swipe at us as much as him calling out his team for taking a night off.

I saw that quote too. I agree, I don't think it was a swipe, if anything, IMO, I think it was a compliment to how well TU played despite having considerably less talent than UCONN and, as you mention, also calling out his own team that they're lucky to have won.

His quote shows that you can win with off nights if you have the talent. A message that needs to be heard loud and clear from our Men's team recruiters. Recruiting is still everything.

I still think you give Haith the three McDonald's All-Americans that Pastner couldn't coach and we get to sweet sixteen.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
His quote shows that you can win with off nights if you have the talent. A message that needs to be heard loud and clear from our Men's team recruiters. Recruiting is still everything.

I still think you give Haith the three McDonald's All-Americans that Pastner couldn't coach and we get to sweet sixteen.
I'm trying to figure out what Pastner is selling to get those kids...haven't those kids figured out he can't coach yet? Same with Ollie at UCONN. Jalen Adams, Vital, Lumere would all light things up under Haith and fit that system perfectly.

Ollie is selling UConn's national championships, final fours and up till recently a great home environment. Assume he will be selling something different this time next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT