ADVERTISEMENT

TU Women’s Golf

That is tremendous to hear! We need to get back to top of the conference and challenging in the NCAAs.

Last I looked I believe that are #51 right now but I think we will close in around the top 25 before it's all said and one. I would put us on "par" with last year. Last years team might be slightly better but we are younger this year. Next year's team will be slightly better.

That is tremendous to hear! We need to get back to top of the conference and challenging in the NCAAs.
Didn't the ladies advance to the NCAA Championship round last year? They failed to make it out of stroke play though to the match play portion. Still after the lean years last year was a good first step to regaining perennial power status.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
TU Women kicked off the Spring golf season at the Nexus Intercollegiate in the Bahamas. They came away with a 3 stroke win in the event that included Iowa State, Kentucky, North Texas, Mississippi State, Houston, Texas Tech, illinois, UTSA, Michigan, and Boston College.

Great finish in an event with a really good field. TU shot the lowest team round in the event in the second round carding a 289 total. That was a stroke better than the 290 Texas Tech shot in the opening round. TU also carded the 3rd best round at 292 in the final round which tied with Houston and UTSA on that day. Just looking at the overall scores on day 3, TU shot a good round) and I'm guessing) in some pretty windy conditions as most rounds were 300+. It's good to see the program back among the top programs in the nation.

Interesting. Must be illness or injuries because a day or two before they were to have a team and one other compete as an individual.

Reactions: caneks
Interesting. Must be illness or injuries because a day or two before they were to have a team and one other compete as an individual.
Something must have happened. That's all I could find as far as who was competing.

Reactions: caneks
Team pulled out of tournament due to illness of other players. Couldn’t field enough to compete.

HOUSTON, Texas –– Three Tulsa golfers participated as individuals this week in the 54-hole Chevron Collegiate at the par-72, 6,392-yard Golf Club of Houston course. The Golden Hurricane, coming off a first-place performance at the Nexus Collegiate, had to pull-out of the team competition due to illness affecting a portion of the team.

For the Hurricane, junior Sydney Seigel finished in 34th place with scores of 70-73-71 for a 2-under par 214 total.

Freshmen Allyn Stephens and Norah Seidl each turned in final round 2-over par scores of 74 on Tuesday in final round action. Stephens finished in 43rd place with a 2-over par score of 218, while Seidl was one stroke back with a 219 total for 48th place.

SMU won the team title with a total score of 33-under 831.

Tulsa plans to be back in action next week, March 4-5, at The Show in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Tulsa Individual Scores
T34. Sydney Seigel 70-73-71=214 (-2)
T43. Allyn Stephens 75-69-74=218 (+2)
T48. Norah Seidl 71-74-74=219 (+3)

Finished runner up in the OU match play. After stroke play we were the number 2 seed. Got to the finals and lost to OU 3-1-1.
No shame in that. Tough to beat a home team in golf, especially in match play when they know the putts, where not to go, what escape shots to play when in trouble. I'm assuming they played the Jimmie Austin course. I've played there a couple of times. It's not an overly difficult course but you can end up in some funky places because of the contour of the fairways and some of the mounding.

TU Women are pushing hard on the final day!!!! only 2 off the lead. Sitting in second place.

We were 2nd behind SMOO by 2 shoots. Gunnar 2nd and Kilcrease 3rd as individuals.

SMU had to put in the 2 best rounds of the tournaments to beat us. I will take it! They came on strong after the 9th.

SMU fires a -12 final round to come from behind and win the conference. Best round of the entire tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT