ADVERTISEMENT

TU vs. USF

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Kelly Hines just tweeted that ESPNs broadcast pairing will be Mike Crispino and...wait for it...Bobby Knight. Finally, someone with a clue about basketball doing one of our games.

I enjoy listening to Knight's commentary. He is a little too blunt/straightforward for some though.

Knight is +100000000000 better than the Auburn hack that did the game on Tuesday. He's not afraid to praise or criticize and I always feel as though what he says he truly believes. Some of the guys that have been on seemingly praise whatever team is winning because that is what they are supposed to do. It wouldn't surprise me if Knight wanted this game to get an in person look at us.

First time for Bobby Knight in the Reynolds Center?

Originally posted by I.I.:
First time for Bobby Knight in the Reynolds Center?
Gave the league a lot of praise last night after the ESPN tool was dissing the leagues RPI numbers.

Thought that both UCONN and Cincy passed the eye test.

Paraphrasing but said something like "this league has a lot of very good teams".

GO TU!!!!

Originally posted by Steve Zissou:

I enjoy listening to Knight's commentary. He is a little too blunt/straightforward for some though.
I too enjoyed his straight forward critque of the UCONN/UC game, however his comparison between players getting stupid T's for taunting, being on par with DB's getting flagged for pass interferrence was simply weird. Completely different circumstances. Obviously it is sometimes a better option to mug the the receiver and take the penalty when the alternative is giving up a TD.

As TU starts playing more big games down the stretch, hopefully they get some of ESPN "A" or "B" announcers/analysis.

I specifically enjoyed listening to his method for getting kids to focus in practice from the foul-line. If anyone missed his commentary, he basically would stop practice at random points and pick a player to shoot 2 free throws. He would put pressure on the kid by telling him if he missed one of the foul shots he owed him 10 push-ups. If the kid missed the first shot Knight would then telling him if he makes the 2nd shot, he only owes him 5 push-ups. He always had pretty good free throw shooting teams and his method of forcing concentration was a key factor. I kind of think Knight was sugarcoating, I could see him wanting 20 and 10 push-ups.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
He went on to say the free throw epidemic is a matter of coaches not practicing the shots enough, and kids not spending enough time practice on their own time.

He also said if Caupin played for him, the young man would have been running up and down the aisles at 7:00 am the next morning. Old School coaches like Coach Knight have no tolernace for players who get themselves ejected for taunting the opponent, selfish stupidty.

Checkout the below interview Coach Knight had with Gregg Marshall before the 2013-14 NCAA Tourney. Coach Marshall talks about his philosophy on beating the opponent down the floor, which is the exactly Haith is coaching. I especially like Coach Knight's response to Coach Marhall's question regarding what he as a head coach needs to do to get better heading into the tournament.

TX

This post was edited on 1/30 1:32 PM by texcane1982

Knight / Marshall interview

Knight has become unlistenable the past few years. He doesn't bother to learn names, he doesn't research the teams, he doesn't look at any stats. He just sits and tells the same stories from his coaching days over and over.

Duke Edsall sighting I hear. Guess the silver lining is that we don't get that crook for a few games.

I can turn down the volume. Is Knight drunk?

Two fouls on Juice. WHY IS EDSALL ALLOWED TO OFFICIATE?

Knight showing Tulsa some love. Good announcing overall.

White unis = trouble?

Actually, I'm enjoying listening to Knight.

Good observations.

Get that uniform junk out ...play hard, play smart and the the rest will take care of itself...guys have turned it on in the last 5 minuets

FF shooting horrible. Particularly in a game where the refs are making sweet sweet love to their whistles...

Wright doesn't have it tonight. Is this mental with him? Hands of stone?

Wright's talent with Swanning's drive and toughness and you have a lottery pick.

Little E and Swanny on the block, drive and dish to them and hope they hit 50% of their free throws

Originally posted by TulsaAM:
Wright doesn't have it tonight. Is this mental with him? Hands of stone?

Wright's talent with Swanning's drive and toughness and you have a lottery pick.
I am convinced it is. Also lack of focus.

Someone needs to step out on a flipping shooter. I have no idea how Collins shoots the ball with any consistency or accuracy.. It looks like he started emulating Reggie Miller except he's not Reggie Miller. We have to force USF to throw the ball inside and take our chances because they're hitting fewer shots inside than they are outside.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

USF's game plan is to jack threes. No Perry. This shouldn't be that hard.

One announcer has suit and tie on, very dapper.

Bobby has a polo and ugly sweater on.

Made me chuckle.

Wright needs to sit the rest of this game and possibly the next game. A message needs to be sent.

Dear Tulsa,

If we make it a three point shooting contest - WE WILL LOSE.

If our posters saw that #4 was hot, please adjust.

Wright has been a waste of space this game. He has the physical tools, just hasn't been mentally present.

This post was edited on 1/31 1:18 PM by TulsaEye

Ticky tac foul or a travel.

No way that play results in a timeout.

Best defense by USF: letting Tulsa shoot the three ball.

1/15

Why god, why?

We seem to have turned up the defense.

Now time to turn up the offense.

Teams have been adjusting to what Tulsa likes to do on offense the last 3 games or so. Haven't really seen many drives at all during that time.

Refs are just awful today. The inconsistency and lack of knowledge about the rule book is astounding right now. My kid had better refs in his 3rd grade game this AM
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Ref's haven't taken the game away from us. We have. 10-20 from the line, 4-21 from 3pt line. We have only had 14 fouls called against us. Even Bobby Knight said the game was good officiating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT