ADVERTISEMENT

TU v OHIO GAME THREAD

Play with passion and urgency for 60 minutes and this team can play well into March.

BTW, at one point early in the 2nd half, we had missed 11 FTs, only missed 1 the remainder of the game. We were 1-8 from 3 to start the game, and hit 3-5 down the stretch. 5 scorers in double figures. Shaq with 31, SWANNEGAN WAS A BEAST! Swannegan, 6-7 from the field, 4-6 from the line, 5 rebs, 1 asst, and only 2 fouls. Woodard struggled but made the big shots when they were most needed like a star should. Birt is going to make us tough. Curtis, solid overall although the shooting % wasn't there.

Why does the team need to play an extra 20 minutes of game time with passion and urgency? ;)

Great comeback win, Shaq refused to lose! I believe we play Sunday @ 5:30 PM (Tulsa time), & it will be on CBS-College Sports.

Why does the team need to play an extra 20 minutes of game time with passion and urgency? ;)
Crap...I think I am still stuck in football mode and the Play a full 60 minutes mantra.

EDIT: PLAY A FULL 40 WITH PASSION AND URGENCY

Don't get fired man. Lmao so funny I'm in tears lol

I had to shut my office door, I managed to stay quite but I was getting so animated (maybe including a middle finger to my monitor) that I probably would've gotten in trouble if someone walked by.

It's very likely, he stresses that a lot in post game anyway. I hope this game gets through to the team that you can't take any teams for granted though.

I think he got that through their heads during the timeout before the final 5 minutes.

TX

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Also a big plus from this game, Rashad looked to have a serious injury in his leg but was able to get his ankle taped up and come back in to finish. We need him so its huge that he was able to finish the game.

Things like this really show you what kind of character team you have. Can beat a top 10 team but can also get laughed off the court so far by one of the worst teams in the nation. Talk about getting full of yourself due to a November win. Embarrassing.

That seemed premature.

Reactions: loca2874
Also a big plus from this game, Rashad looked to have a serious injury in his leg but was able to get his ankle taped up and come back in to finish. We need him so its huge that he was able to finish the game.
We got some tough guys and it's great that they can keep their composure

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Sour grapes from their coach after the game:

@JasonAmessenger: "They have 9 seniors, we have 1. When those guys are selling car insurance, we'll be winning championships." -- Phillips

Reactions: Gold*
We got some tough guys and it's great that they can keep their composure

Yes, tough and experienced. The old cliche that was used when I played, and is still used today, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" was spot on today. Harrison was a monster and it was infectious.

I've literally seen ******s sitting in the unemployment office working harder than Frank is working at his job. Giving this lazy ****** the job is one of the biggest embarrassments in school history.

Good Heavens! The only kind thing I can say about you is that being
over served and under educated is a helluva duo to rally back from...

Please shut up!

I still think he is butt hurt because he didn't get the Tulsa job when we hired Haith.

I think you gotta start firing people after a disgraceful game like this. There's no way a competent coach allows his team to beat a top 10 team and then lose to a sub 250 team in blowout fashion.
I was on the road when all of this was taking place, or this guy would have been banned much sooner. Thanks to WD for taking action. There is absolutely no place for the racist comments, attacks on TU coaches/players, etc. The great thing is that after all that garbage he posted, Haith and TU came back from 19 down to win the game.

Also, thanks to all those that used the "Report" function to notify us of what was going on.

Reactions: TU_BLA
I was on the road when all of this was taking place, or this guy would have been banned much sooner. Thanks to WD for taking action. There is absolutely no place for the racist comments, attacks on TU coaches/players, etc. The great thing is that after all that garbage he posted, Haith and TU came back from 19 down to win the game.

Also, thanks to all those that used the "Report" function to notify us of what was going on.
Chris: can you tell from the IP address whether he was an "alter" of one of the usual trolls?

So storyline of the first several minutes is Ohio basically unconscious. It's not like they are uncontested shots either.

Our newcomers all look more comfortable in game action than what we've seen in a couple of years.

I love Brandon Smash on both ends of the court...block then converts the three point play on the other end a short while later.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
I don't mind Rollo so far.

He just commented that Swanny brought his hard hat today...doing work.

It's fun, Junkie. I know exactly what you are referring to. Get ready for the real action starting around 4:30 remaining in the second half. You may, like I was, be jumping up and down.

I'm telling yall, blood pressure is totally in check this way!

That last defensive series before half, WOOF.

Lunch break before second half! :D

I don't mind Rollo so far.

He just commented that Swanny brought his hard hat today...doing work.

I was meaning to address JR yesterday but got busy. When I first heard the commentary my thought was "They've brought back JV Haney...but he's much more coherent". I like his short comments, I don't think a color guy should take over from the play by play guy. That's one of the problems with guys like Dickie V and Pete Gillen, they won't shut up. I also have zero problems with him saying "we". Folks have to remember that wasn't a network broadcast, they just picked up the TU radio feed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ohio fans got their radio feed.

To Swannegan, he has been playing fantastic so far this season, he's been able to funnel his emotions into quality minutes rather than fouls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT