ADVERTISEMENT

TU - UH game thread

The running back running a simple wheel pattern is open all game! NO PASSES TO THE RUNNING BACKS TODAY. Evans SUCKS! Dudes... he may not suck, but he's not good. He's below average. He can NEVER find wide open 2nd options.

Reactions: TUGrad06
Our 2nd Down and Short Play Calls have been WAY TOO conservative and predictable all game too.

Weird awkward offense today.

Reactions: XOut88
Defense played well today. Offense sucked gas. Line played poorly and dumb. Evans played poorly and Monty's play calling was ridiculous.

Reactions: XOut88 and TUGrad06
Good news is I don't think we have to worry about finding a new coach anytime soon.

Our offense is really limited by Dane not being a running thread at ALL.

Really Houston just much better. Faster stronger and more athletic
No. Dane is below average. Floyd should have EASILY throw a TD pass...Dane should have EASILY thrown a TD pass. Our defense has stopped 3 effing 4th down tries and limited Houston to 31 points so far. This is 100% Monty and the offense.

Hobbs shouldn't have a scholarship for football if he does. Go join the track team Hobbs. Zero WR capability. Maybe transition to DB where catching doesn't matter as much.

It didn't help that a UH dirty play took Lucas out for the game and probably the season.

We stayed within 14 against a top 15 OU team and scored at will almost. Houston isn't anything special. Our defense held them in check...our offense just sucked so hard today. Never mind the conference championship for this team, not as long as Dane can't hit a 5 yard drag route and never looks past his 1st read.

It didn't help that a UH dirty play took Lucas out for the game and probably the season.
As i said to kitty earlier, it was a non contact injury...go watch the play. His knee didn't even bed the wrong way, no idea how he hurt himself. It was PI, but not a dirty play at all. Take off the glasses. Calling them cheaters and dirty doesn't fix the fact that our offense is terrible today and Dane can't play against decent CBs that don't let our WRs get wide open. And if they are wide open on a drag route, it doesn't matter anyway since Dane can't hit them.

Game's over fellas. Tulsa sucked big time today on offense. Defense did their part, offense sagged and sputtered. I blame coaching for weak play calling in the first half, and Dane for the second half.

Reactions: Tulsa76
So our player does the the same thing that Jackson III has done all game and we get called for defensive holding.

As i said to kitty earlier, it was a non contact injury...go watch the play. His knee didn't even bed the wrong way, no idea how he hurt himself. It was PI, but not a dirty play at all. Take off the glasses. Calling them cheaters and dirty doesn't fix the fact that our offense is terrible today and Dane can't play against decent CBs that don't let our WRs get wide open. And if they are wide open on a drag route, it doesn't matter anyway since Dane can't hit them.
Don't be a dumbass.

Don't be a dumbass.

He's right boss. Keevan landed on a bent knee as he was falling backwards and the joint exploded on him. There wasn't really any contact beyond possibly bumping the angle in which he fell backwards. Nothing malicious from what I saw.

Reactions: TUGrad06
This game was extremely disappointing from start to finish. After the OU game I was quite optimisitc. This showing has brought me back down to reality. Wasn't that Houston was even that great of an opponent, we never tested their defense. Can't win without scoring.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
This game was extremely disappointing from start to finish. After the OU game I was quite optimisitc. This showing has brought me back down to reality. Wasn't that Houston was even that great of an opponent, we never tested their defense. Can't win without scoring.

I dunno the 1Q was different.

I dunno the 1Q was different.

Didn't it seem like they lacked confidence? On defense they had it, but on offense, they just seemed apprehensive as hell with each snap. Dane seemed frenetic and panicked in the pocket and our WRs kept dropping balls. Someone else posted earlier that the RB was open all damn day on the half-back pass, but Dane didn't see him once the whole game.

Reactions: XOut88
I thought Houston was just better. TU had their chances, but Dane wasn't crisp and the offense had several sloppy penalties.

I was a little underwhelmed with the play calling...especially considering they had an off-week to prep for this game.

Well. Were still a below average football team with a below average qb

No. Dane is below average. Floyd should have EASILY throw a TD pass...Dane should have EASILY thrown a TD pass. Our defense has stopped 3 effing 4th down tries and limited Houston to 31 points so far. This is 100% Monty and the offense.

Hobbs shouldn't have a scholarship for football if he does. Go join the track team Hobbs. Zero WR capability. Maybe transition to DB where catching doesn't matter as much.

STFU After every loss u state that everybody sucks! Calm the f... down, and shut up.

I gotta be honest. Dane stared down his first progression almost every play. His vision seemed to be very limited. I'm not at all saying he isn't improved, he just wasn't able to work though his progressions. Some of that had to do with their d line and their safety's too. Never really got on track today, strange offensive day. Some odd play calls too.

Reactions: Gold* and TUGrad06
Let's see how they come back next week. Hopefully someone can step up and emerge to fill the slot receiver roll. I'm sick about Lucas, what a great kid to have this happen to.

I've noticed so far this year that Floyd doesn't have a good sense of where to set up on punt returns. With the wind blowing with the punter he doesn't stand far enough back which cost us major field position yesterday as the ball went way over his head and rolled right to the two yard line. He has to stand further back. It's much easier to run forward to catch it then backwards. And yesterday we could use as good of field position as possible.

Just FYI last I checked the special teams coach tells the punt returners what yard line to stand on he yells to them to fair catch or go for the return. I have end zone seats so I see the coach directing the players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT