ADVERTISEMENT

TU Recruiting Class Countdown: No. 4 - the 2006 class

I forgot that Hill and McLean were part of that class. News that McLean was transferring hurt. With him and Jordan inside that could have been a lethal combination for us. Wojcik lost way too many good players after only a year or so.

This just shows what a terrible bench coach and developer of players Wojick was. An average coach would have gotten these players to the NCAA Tournament. And his attitude toward his players and fans created such a tense environment, players could not perform to the highest of their abilities.

His offense sucked and if it weren't for Uzoh bailing the team out with less than 5 seconds on the shot clock, we wouldn't have won as many games as we did with this group.

That senior season for them in 2010 is, hands down, my most disappointing season watching TU basketball.

Uzoh and Jordan seniors, Hurtt a junior, and no NCAA. Terrible coaching. When a coach thinks Wheatley is a starting 3, wow.

If Wojcik had kept starting McLean when he was a freshman, he may not have transferred. But Wojcik was yanking him out of the lineup.

I liked Calvin Walls, but no way do you start him, Mitchell or anyone else over McLean- just oozed potential and good rebounder!

Reactions: Larry Lewis
I liked Calvin Walls, but no way do you start him, Mitchell or anyone else over McLean- just oozed potential and good rebounder!
McLean was a great rebounder. Defensively and rebounding he was so similar to Michael Ruffin it was somewhat scary. Biggest difference was that McLean had a much more refined game offensively around the basket. He was going to be a superstar.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT