ADVERTISEMENT

TU Needs

Thank the Lord for the portal at this point. Some guys simply seemed to give up on the idea of working hard enough to be part of KW’s system. KW needs to purge a significant number of those guys, develop the upcoming recruiting class when they get on campus, and replenish through a deep dive into the portal.

Thank the Lord for the portal at this point. Some guys simply seemed to give up on the idea of working hard enough to be part of KW’s system. KW needs to purge a significant number of those guys, develop the upcoming recruiting class when they get on campus, and replenish through a deep dive into the portal.
I'm just worried that the portal won't be as bounteous with the one time transfer rule. The supply there will be cut way down, thus the quality out there will be mostly taken by the P4's.

I'm just worried that the portal won't be as bounteous with the one time transfer rule. The supply there will be cut way down, thus the quality out there will be mostly taken by the P4's.
Good point. We will be looking at players from lower division graduate players (FCS)and JUCOs to fill o-line and LB needs and maybe to add depth at D-line. The HS class looks strong and as the old football saying goes “if dog is going to bite he will do it as a pup“ - DB, WR and RB.

We need speed on both offense and defense. We also, need size on both lines. Right now, we need to improve our SPEED and SIZE.
What we need is for me to win the Powerball or Mega Millions jackpots. Then we will NIL for speed and size.

Reactions: 94ChickFan
What we need is for me to win the Powerball or Mega Millions jackpots. Then we will NIL for speed and size.
Their are players with 4.3 not being offered because of their size. Their are Big OL with good feet and pulling ability not being offered.

Reactions: 918Golden
Good point. We will be looking at players from lower division graduate players (FCS)and JUCOs to fill o-line and LB needs and maybe to add depth at D-line. The HS class looks strong and as the old football saying goes “if dog is going to bite he will do it as a pup“ - DB, WR and RB.
He has been going after a # of Juco's on the OL lately. I'm happy to see that because I don't think there will be the plethora of availability we have seen in the last couple of years in the portal, due to the one time transfer rule. We need at least 3 but more like 4 more OL. I say get a couple of good ones out of Juco and leave your needs at 1 or 2 out of the portal. Leaving your needs at 3 or 4 out of the portal could be suicide.

I haven't seen him going after any DL/Tackles lately in HS or Juco. That concerns me. We haven't signed one DT and we need to sign at least 2, if not 3. He should have already signed a freshman, been going after a juco, and intending on going after a transfer portal guy imo. I realize he may be confident in 1-3 of the freshman he signed last year. But we at minimum need to replace Anderson & Hamden. The one thing I'm hoping is that he's already heard by the grapevine about one or two from OSU that are interested. That's a pipeline that might pay dividends this year and/or the next.

He has been going after a # of Juco's on the OL lately. I'm happy to see that because I don't think there will be the plethora of availability we have seen in the last couple of years in the portal, due to the one time transfer rule. We need at least 3 but more like 4 more OL. I say get a couple of good ones out of Juco and leave your needs at 1 or 2 out of the portal. Leaving your needs at 3 or 4 out of the portal could be suicide.

I haven't seen him going after any DL/Tackles lately in HS or Juco. That concerns me. We haven't signed one DT and we need to sign at least 2, if not 3. He should have already signed a freshman, been going after a juco, and intending on going after a transfer portal guy imo. I realize he may be confident in 1-3 of the freshman he signed last year. But we at minimum need to replace Anderson & Hamden. The one thing I'm hoping is that he's already heard by the grapevine about one or two from OSU that are interested. That's a pipeline that might pay dividends this year and/or the next.
I agree with you Gmoney. Coach havent addressed the DL. We dont have a true NT. We need to improve our center and guard players with size and attitude.

I agree with you Gmoney. Coach havent addressed the DL. We dont have a true NT. We need to improve our center and guard players with size and attitude.
before the 25 recruiting limit, we were somewhat successful with JCs, transfers, and a only few freshmen.

our recruiting sucked under Monty. KW has already improved that.

Wilson needs to clear the bench of the lower level D 2/3 players that Monty used to fill the roster. Konkol did it in basketball and look for Wilson to do the same in football.

Have to remember that he has to replace the ones that leave TU thru the portal also.

Wilson needs to clear the bench of the lower level D 2/3 players that Monty used to fill the roster. Konkol did it in basketball and look for Wilson to do the same in football.
Lol. Only one of the guys Konkol ran off is at a D2 and that’s KES. Most just ended up at other D1s. It’s funny how you think the football roster has some D2/D3 type guys.

Lol. Only one of the guys Konkol ran off is at a D2 and that’s KES. Most just ended up at other D1s. It’s funny how you think the football roster has some D2/D3 type guys.
TU Sepp is a good guy. I think he's just using that as euphemism for players not being up to snuff.

Reactions: TU Sepp
Knight wound up at Lamar. That’s D2.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
There are 330 D1 basketball programs right? Alot of those may as well be D2. Use some common sense here.

The football roster will be purged in a big way...we are playing a walk on at MLB for example...so yes, the talent is very low.

Reactions: TU Sepp
With graduation, portal, etc..., I think Wilson ends up with about 50 new faces on the bench next year. I wonder how many OU and Ohio St castoffs we end up with next year.

With graduation, portal, etc..., I think Wilson ends up with about 50 new faces on the bench next year. I wonder how many OU and Ohio St castoffs we end up with next year.
I think you are over estimating the need for change. I think it will be 35-45 new faces. And I tend towards the lower #'s. My guess is 38-40. The most that need to hit the portal is about 30. Our graduating class will be about 15. That puts it at 45. But due to Wilson seeing promise in a few guys we don't, players having already transferred, etc. I think about 5-10 of those will stay. They will just take up lower level sub positions and scout team spots that have the impetus to work hard to reach a level beyond that.

Not a lot graduate on the offense, so most of them will transfer out of here. I think it's just 3 off the OL, and that's it. About 11 graduate on defense, and a lot of those come from our secondary thank goodness.(6, and the only big loss there is Ray) Our team should look drastically different even with 35 new faces.

Well, if we have 15 that graduate, how many more will we have just use up their eligibility? I think that number between the two will total about 25, and then 25 more from the portal and that is where the number 50 was derived. maybe I should have said, with a + or - 5.

Well, if we have 15 that graduate, how many more will we have just use up their eligibility? I think that number between the two will total about 25, and then 25 more from the portal and that is where the number 50 was derived. maybe I should have said, with a + or - 5.
That is the graduate students who are out of eligibility that I am referring to leaving us. Everybody else has at least one more year of eligibility, whether they are a senior or not. We are still on the 5 year plan for eligibility because of covid.

That pseudo ends next year. After next year it will be 4 years eligibility except for people that redshirted or took a year off for injury. The next year it will be only those who have done both. Then there will be nobody with a fifth year playing the next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT