ADVERTISEMENT

TU @ MSU Official Game Thread

Neither am I. I see a lot of promise relative to last season. But the OL MUST show some serious improvement in the coming weeks to make a bowl game.

I have hope but I'm afraid a few of those guys are a year away from being ready

Reactions: cmullinsTU
We're doing a hell of a lot better than USF @ Wisconsin.
Our D is highly competitive and not outmatched by MSUs offense at all. Their giant OL has had trouble blocking us on running plays, they can’t block Gipson and I’ve seen a few plays where Robinson is pushing the tackle into Llewerke’s lap.

Seriously, without all the turnovers and miscues this is a 7-10 pt game right now.

Very possible, it’s hard to tell with them facing the best front 7 we play all season.
It’s the best defensive line we’ve played in the last ten years and maybe for the next ten years. The rest of that defense looks vulnerable. This was a winnable game.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Very possible, it’s hard to tell with them facing the best front 7 we play all season.
It’s the best defensive line we’ve played in the last ten years and maybe for the next ten years. The rest of that defense looks vulnerable. This was a winnable game.

Smith definitely wasn't ready for this game, but you had to expect that. O-Line needs help, like we need to go to the HUNH again help...

I am satisfied beating the spread here

I don’t see wins against Memphis, Houston, OSU, or UCF. I think the rest are possible with this D.

Reactions: TulsaAM
I’m not going to make snap decisions until I see the O line go up against some non-All American level talents.

There were some positives. Smith was under pressure but he didn’t make many rash decisions. He completed some good throws though he still has some mid range accuracy to work on. The edge tackles have some things to work on too.

Bloesch has his work cut out for him, but it seems like a doable job.

Let’s see those other teams play real teams before we write those games off. I actually don’t think OSU is going to be good at all this season.

OSU’s defense looked horrible on the first possession of their game just now. Gave up a TD.

I'm kind of wondering if Bloesch isn't the right fit at OL coach. We had trouble at that spot last season too. When Monty first got here we had Matt Mattox who did an oustdanding job before being poached by Texas (now getting the tar kicked out of him @USF by Wisconsin to the tune of 0 to 49)

I'm hoping TU's OL were just overmatched by MSU's stellar defense. Otherwise, they look like a group of big Baby Hueys.

The offense should produce much better next week vs. San Jose St. If not, we're screwed.

I'm kind of wondering if Bloesch isn't the right fit at OL coach. We had trouble at that spot last season too. When Monty first got here we had Matt Mattox who did an oustdanding job before being poached by Texas (now getting the tar kicked out of him @USF by Wisconsin to the tune of 0 to 49)

As opposed to the other offensive coaches who have done great?

After watching our game and the 1st Qtr of OSU/OSU I say we’ll be 3-1 OOC!
We we’re out matched tonight but we are a better team than what we saw tonight.

Had to DVR the game so I was late to the party. Can't complain too much. MSU's D is really really good. Our line is just inexperienced and wasn't up the task tonight. I liked what I saw from everyone else though. Defense played lights out. We're gonna be alright this year.

I had fun finally getting to watch TU football again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT