ADVERTISEMENT

TU @ MSU Official Game Thread

I know Mich St has one of, if not, the best rush defense but I’m concerned about our OL’s inability to do anything on run blocking. Only once did they create a hole, will be a shame if they struggle all year given the RBs we have on the roster.

I just don't understand how we have two bad snaps and all those penalties. Oh wait, I do understand. The HC/OC doesn't instill discipline in his players nor does he play the best players for specific positions, instead choosing guys who are older.
What are you talking about? The center with the bad snaps was a Kansas State transfer. Not saying he's great, I don't know if we have much behind him at Center.

I predicted a defensive struggle. I just didn’t predict all our turnovers the first half.

I keep thinking Izzo is going to lose his voice or stroke out the longer they keep him on there.

Reactions: TulsaAM
That ball was tipped, thus no pass interference. The refs are playing their part.

What are you talking about? The center with the bad snaps was a Kansas State transfer. Not saying he's great, I don't know if we have much behind him at Center.
I'm talking about long term tends. Since Monty got here we've had ridiculous penalties for stupid stuff. And yes, more so than normal.
As far as the snapper goes, that's my bad for thinking he was the oldest guy on the team in said position, but still... How the hell does that happen twice in the game with someone who made the starting lineup?

Reactions: maverickfp
Okay, all we need is for the D to hold to a FG on a long drive and they have hit for the cycle. 4th down stops, turnover stop, turnover hold to FG and hold after safety.

Reactions: TU_BLA
I'm talking about long term tends. Since Monty got here we've had ridiculous penalties for stupid stuff. And yes, more so than normal.
As far as the snapper goes, that's my bad for thinking he was the oldest guy on the team in said position, but still... How the hell does that happen twice in the game with someone who made the starting lineup?

Four times by my count

If you're going to blame anything, I would probably blame Monty not picking Smith earlier.

Reactions: TulsaAM

Four times by my count
You’ve seen their entire playbook. It’s not very creative. Part of the issue is D hasn’t really allowed MSU to establish the run. Llewerke isn’t a terribly accurate passer and our DB coverage has been good enough to make him try to squeeze passes into a narrow window and he’s just not that type of QB.

Unfortunately, their D is really good in the front 7. Really good.

Blocked punts.

Offense underperforms

D does pretty damn well.

A Motley Crue song comes to mind.

It’s the same ol. Same ol same ol situation.

Reactions: crow4435
Our offensive line looks so bad. Montgomery’s garbage offense is just embarrassing us on national tv. I mean the man can not recruit any talent. Ever since blakenship’s players left, Montgomery has not been able to produce at all with his players who just can’t make an impact. He needs to go

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Blocked punts.

Offense underperforms

D does pretty damn well.

A Motley Crue song comes to mind.

It’s the same ol. Same ol same ol situation.
It’s the same ol’, never move the chains ...

You’ve seen their entire playbook. It’s not very creative. Part of the issue is D hasn’t really allowed MSU to establish the run. Llewerke isn’t a terribly accurate passer and our DB coverage has been good enough to make him try to squeeze passes into a narrow window and he’s just not that type of QB.

Unfortunately, their D is really good in the front 7. Really good.
Yeah, I agree. But we spotted these guys 15 points. And we keep getting 3 and outs. That's on the HC/OC. On all accounts. Especially the stupid penalties. And a snapper who gets pulled in the first game for stupid mistakes. My point is, Monty needed to hire an OC and do his damn job after year 3. But we signed the dude to a 10 contract without the finances to fire him if he sucked it up and we've been paying for it ever since. I

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT