I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2009
118961045_10158680225594146_1449747244366139571_o.jpg
118822212_10158680225609146_667139818842068901_o.jpg
118780881_10158680225624146_7333121269383931893_o.jpg
118774820_10158680225749146_7650543079786466191_o.jpg

Tulsa beat Louisville 51-18.

The only other one I found was this one.
118846650_10158680225774146_430256284242900568_o.jpg

Im reliably told Pike has been in the same location since 1961, but between you and me, his memory is getting shaky.

The Pike house originally was on the north side of Sorority Row, where the student center is now. In the mid to late '60s (I don't remember the date) the Pikes moved into what originally was the jock dorm, next door to the Kappa Sig house.

Im reliably told Pike has been in the same location since 1961, but between you and me, his memory is getting shaky.
The Pike house originally was on the north side of Sorority Row, where the student center is now. In the mid to late '60s (I don't remember the date) the Pikes moved into what originally was the jock dorm, next door to the Kappa Sig house.

My room was third from the left, second floor...

ok%20-%20tulsa%20-%20gamma%20upsilon.ashx

Question... what were the stereotypes you recall for all the houses when you were there?

Question... what were the stereotypes you recall for all the houses when you were there?
Pikes didn't have a great rep at that time...basically thought of as party people, and we did have tons of parties. We had a pretty salty intramural soccer team...lots of former HS and club soccer players in our house from Joplin, Jenks, Union, etc. We also had some football players that were members at the time but they didn't really ever hang out at the house. Frerotte was one of them. Got in fights with the Kappa Sigs from time to time out front, but also had mutual respect for several of those guys. Kappa Sigs and Lamda Chi's had lots of preppy dudes from what I remember. KA's were just kind of there. Sigma Nu wasn't well thought of by the other frats at the time.

Pikes didn't have a great rep at that time...basically thought of as party people, and we did have tons of parties. We had a pretty salty intramural soccer team...lots of former HS and club soccer players in our house from Joplin, Jenks, Union, etc. We also had some football players that were members at the time but they didn't really ever hang out at the house. Frerotte was one of them. Got in fights with the Kappa Sigs from time to time out front, but also had mutual respect for several of those guys. Kappa Sigs and Lamda Chi's had lots of preppy dudes from what I remember. KA's were just kind of there. Sigma Nu wasn't well thought of by the other frats at the time.
Sigma Chi was just non existent? lol

Sigma Chi was the house I could have entered if I had been interested in a frat.
The Pike's were a decent amount of bandy's while I was there.(I was in the band as well.)
I was there a little bit earlier than Harmon. My freshman year was '87.

Lol I'm quite a while after you guys, but I am a Sigma Chi.

I personally knew very few Pikes since they were all the way down the row. I did end up working on my Capstone Project with one and he was chill. We always seemed to be competing with the Pikes for recruits, girls, and in intramurals so we kind of hated their guts. They tended to be pretty preppy as did a large number of our guys. Pikes did have a huge number of members though.

The biggest difference between our houses was that we had what I believed to be quite a bit more diversity in terms of personality and acceptance. That did lead to us at one point having a few too many druggies which hurt our reputation at times. I don't think that's the case anymore though. I will with confidence say that no house partied as hard as we did though lol.

We always called the KSIGs the 'tool shed'. They tended to be the ones I partied with if I wasn't with the guys from my house. They were really brash and full of themselves but they were fun, if a bit dimwitted at times.

KA's... just played off of that southern gentlemen shtick and they were a bunch of guys from rural areas.

Lamda Chi's were what I would typically call dweebs. Very nice guys but pretty geeky at times.

Sigma Nu wasn't on campus when I was there... I heard they just got back on a few years ago and are in the Honors House now.

Last edited:
Lol I'm quite a while after you guys, but I am a Sigma Chi.

I personally knew very few Pikes since they were all the way down the row. I did end up working on my Capstone Project with one and he was chill. We always seemed to be competing with the Pikes for recruits, girls, and in intramurals so we kind of hated their guts. They were tended to be pretty preppy as did a large number of our guys. Pikes did have a huge number of members though.

The biggest difference between our houses was that we had what I believed to be quite a bit more diversity in terms of personality and acceptance. That did lead to us at one point having a few too many druggies which hurt our reputation at times. I don't think that's the case anymore though. I will with confidence say that no house partied as hard as we did though lol.

We always called the KSIGs the 'tool shed'. They tended to be the ones I partied with if I wasn't with the guys from my house. They were really brash and full of themselves but they were fun, if a bit dimwitted at times.

KA's... just played off of that southern gentlemen shtick and they were a bunch of guys from rural areas.

Lamda Chi's were what I would typically call dweebs. Very nice guys but pretty geeky at times.

Sigma Nu wasn't on campus when I was there... I heard they just got back on a few years ago and are in the Honors House now.
Then the Lambda Chi's just picked up where the Sigma Nu's left off.

Reactions: Chris Harmon
the pikes joined the rest of us on fraternity row in 68 or 69....i think it was 69.....i had the pleasure of shooting their firetruck with our cannon....😇

Reactions: astonmartin708
My era:

Pikes: Dudes who drank too much cheap beer and screwed football players GDI girlfriends, while they were cheating on their Theta girlfriends and the football players were off with some random DG.

KE: Rich daddy’s boys wearing too much plaid from Harold’s. They looked like Soc extras and Leif Garrett’s stunt double from The Outsiders. They all dated every Chi-O at one time or another except for a couple of Chi-Os who seemed to be dating all of them at the same time. I’m pretty sure one of them played Louis Caruthers in American Psycho.

KA: Ex high school football players mostly from KC and Saint Louis. Didn’t want to be in Oklahoma and wanted to get out as soon as possible. Wanted to be in a KKG as soon as possible and get out as soon as possible. Otherwise, good parties. Ethical. B students.

Lambda: Ex high school football players, mainly from OK and TX. Liked to throw parties that nobody came to except the cops. Which kept them famous for no reason. A lot of soccer players and the golf team. I stole their margarita machine that they likely stole from KE that they probably got from Chet’s Dad at QT. Bribed an RA at the John to keep it in a spare room for me and we used it at Friday happy hour. Pretty girls actually started to show up after three or four parties and suddenly it was gone mid-week. Bummer. i should have moved into the John to keep an eye on it.

Sigma Chi: College football players and cocaine salesmen, unless you were a Tri Delt, then gratis.

Sigma Nu: 40 guys that looked like they played in They Might Be Giants or Weezer. Lots of engineers. Lots of parties with KDs and high school boys.

Last edited:
Sigma Chi was just non existent? lol
I knew I was forgetting one. Sigma Chi was fine...more preppy dudes like the Kappa Sigs but not as brash.
Lamda Chi's were what I would typically call dweebs.
Sigma Nu was thought of that way between 94-98.
We always seemed to be competing with the Pikes for recruits, girls, and in intramurals so we kind of hated their guts. They tended to be pretty preppy as did a large number of our guys. Pikes did have a huge number of members though.
Pikes eventually got really big after I was gone...became a totally different house from when I was there. We only had about 35 to 40 active members while I was there, if I remember right...maybe a little more.

Reactions: HuffyCane

Rural? When I was there they were mostly from KC, St.Louis, Chicago and various large cities in Texas. They tamed down considerably a few years after my departure.

:nukem: nuke the cowpatties!!

Rural? When I was there they were mostly from KC, St.Louis, Chicago and various large cities in Texas. They tamed down considerably a few years after my departure.

:nukem: nuke the cowpatties!!
Only knew one KA during my time at TU. He was from rural OK and struggled greatly in the engineering school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT