ADVERTISEMENT

TU Financials

Given what’s going on in economy, I would take regional vo-tech with badass basketball team.

Reactions: lawpoke87
Given what’s going on in economy, I would take regional vo-tech with badass basketball team.
I suspect that kind of school is probably the most vulnerable and at risk in a downturn since they tend to have lower retention anyway but I haven't researched it. A badass basketball team definitely makes everything better, no doubt about that.

My point is there may not be much left when this is over. My family is very secure. The kids who get their food from TPS, that’s who I worry about.

My point is there may not be much left when this is over. My family is very secure. The kids who get their food from TPS, that’s who I worry about.
Sadly as you know it's always those who can least afford it who suffer most in a downturn and benefit the least in good times. Rugged individualism and all.

Our schools are closed but they're still providing meals for kids who need them. It must work the same as they do during breaks. Hopefully TPS is doing the same. We as a society don't really care very much about those people unfortunately.

Those people come from homes that are still in decent neighborhoods. The poverty issues here are shocking. I’m on a board of an education related organization and the numbers for TPS are completely different from the schools I went to. There are still good opportunities for some, but most don’t get those.

Some interesting points from someone I typically disagree with. Hidden amongst hyperbole and implausible statements designed to provoke an emotional reaction from the listener are some pretty rock solid observations about why TU has survived so long under the current model and why emotionally charged predictions of the demise of the university are typically self serving denial that ignores very real market and government funding realities.

Last edited:
Look like TU will get at least $1.5 million in bail out money and another $1.3 million for emergency aid to the students. That should cushion the fall some. Probably still need to find another $7 million to plug the holes and that assumes that the interest on the endowment doesn’t dive further.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT