ADVERTISEMENT

TU at UTSA game thread

We didn't ask him to leave. He left because he didn't want to be here. Seeing as how he quit on the team, we probably held the door for him on his way out though. We got a better point guard anyway.
What kind of program are you building where good players dont want to be here and bad players do?

The Offensive Rebounds, Assists and TO's tell the story

2 offensive Rebounds
9 assists
11 TO
Vs
UTSA'S
30 Def Rebounds
23 Assists
7 TO

We are a poor fundamental basketball team..
We have to recruit players with good fundamentals. This was lost on Wojcik, Haith, and I hope not Konkol. For many teams in the AAC it means recruiting good Euro and Aussie players, They have 5X better fundamentals than USA players.

Reactions: noble cane
What kind of program are you building where good players dont want to be here and bad players do?
A complaint that works what ever the situation. I've got those too. The fact is your statement was false, and you are glossing over that fact. The fact of the matter is that whomever's fault it was he didn't want to be here and for that same reason we didn't want him here.

Do I get frustrated? Sure.

But I know many around the program and grew up around it.
added to it:

Many people can say that.(grew up round it) What they can't say is that they call people name's in two out of three posts for anybody that is even slightly negative. That doesn't give one the right to fo off on everybody. Yes some of the posters who constantly get negative deserve to be called on it. But you can find more constructive ways to do it. And you go off on some people that breathed wrong.

You continue to do it, and don't pay attention to good posters who point this out to you over and over. You have to pay attention to what posters post, past, present, and future. Such that you know if they are constantly complaining, or pointing out what might be a valid complaint. Instead, you go off like a blind pig in a hall of mirrors. When somebody calls you on it, you occasionally apologize, and then do it again next Tuesday.(Half the time, the person's pointing this out to you on a Monday.)

Reactions: Clong83a
A complaint that works what ever the situation. I've got those too. The fact is your statement was false, and you are glossing over that fact. The fact of the matter is that whomever's fault it was he didn't want to be here and for that same reason we didn't want him here.
My statement was not false. We asked someone back who wanted to be here and didn't ask someone back who didn't want to be here. Did the player fail the program or did the program fail the player? (Probably a combination of both) Also you're nitpicking one phrase in the statement "asked him to leave". If I had said "let him leave without making an effort to retain him" would you be okay with that phrasing? Either way we wasted one roster spot on a player who doesn't help us instead of retaining one who might have (given the right situation). The fact that the staff doubled and tripled down on McWright is problematic. So is the fact that the environment they established in the first year made decent players want to quit on the program.
Pritchard you woman's sexual aid.
I was referring to which point guard did we replace Pritchard with that was better? Williams has not been very good for us (for a 5th year senior who scored 18 ppg last season)

Last edited:
Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

My statement was not false. We asked someone back who wanted to be here and didn't ask someone back who didn't want to be here. Did the player fail the program or did the program fail the player? (Probably a combination of both) Also you're nitpicking one phrase in the statement "asked him to leave". If I had said "let him leave without making an effort to retain him" would you be okay with that phrasing? Either way we wasted one roster spot on a player who doesn't help us instead of retaining one who might have (given the right situation). The fact that the staff doubled and tripled down on McWright is problematic. So is the fact that the environment they established in the first year made decent players want to quit on the program.

I was referring to which point guard did we replace Pritchard with that was better? Williams has not been very good for us (for a 5th year senior who scored 18 ppg last season)
Why would you think I was referring to Williams, unless you were being intentionally obtuse to bring up another gripe on your part?

I obviously meant Archie.

Last edited:
We have to recruit players with good fundamentals. This was lost on Wojcik, Haith, and I hope not Konkol. For many teams in the AAC it means recruiting good Euro and Aussie players, They have 5X better fundamentals than USA players.
This ^^^^

We recruit athletes that play basketball.. not basketball players that are athletes..

Haggerty was akin to a noseblind pig finding a truffle...

This ^^^^

We recruit athletes that play basketball.. not basketball players that are athletes..

Haggerty was akin to a noseblind pig finding a truffle...
Same thing for Archie? He has his good sg from his old school go down with injury that keeps him out the entire season, and Cobe not play like he played at La Tech, and some people act as if he doesn't know how to find and recruit players. I guess Loftin Jr was another pig and truffle.

Same thing for Archie? He has his good sg from his old school go down with injury that keeps him out the entire season, and Cobe not play like he played at La Tech, and some people act as if he doesn't know how to find and recruit players. I guess Loftin Jr was another pig and truffle.
If they could play before they got here.. then what changed?.. because 28 games in they shouldnt look like they have never played ball before on the road.. especially against sub .500 competition...

If they could play before they got here.. then what changed?.. because 28 games in they shouldnt look like they have never played ball before on the road.. especially against sub .500 competition...
It really doesn't matter why he isn't playing the same here. Coach Konkol logically assumed he would continue his play like he played at La Tech, but you say he found a pig in a truffle. Ignore all the other stuff I mentioned.(Archie, Willis, Loftin) :rolleyes:

No we weren't, as you ignore Archie & Willlis. But just to focus more on today, I'll mention Reed as a good recruit. What a clown remark.

Last edited:
No we weren't, as you ignore Archie & Willlis. What a clown remark.
Not ignoring anyone..

Willis aint playing.. so he isnt part of the conversation.. and Archie coming off the bench 15 mpg barely averages more ast's (1.3) than TO's (.8) as a guard..

I like that you carry a torch.. but the cold hard fact is that Haggerty hides a sh!t load of warts on this team and w/o him we are no better than last yr..

Not ignoring anyone..

Willis aint playing.. so he isnt part of the conversation.. and Archie coming off the bench 15 mpg barely averages more ast's (1.3) than TO's (.8) as a guard..

I like that you carry a torch.. but the cold hard fact is that Haggerty hides a sh!t load of warts on this team and w/o him we are no better than last yr..

I'm not talking about Haggerty hiding warts, you've changed the subject. I'm talking about your original remark about Pig & Truffle for finding Haggerty. That's what I have been talking bout the entire time, even though you act like I haven't. U aren't staying on topic, intentionally?

We have seen for brief moments of what Willis can do here, and we have seen it at La Tech. Archie is a true freshman and playing very well for a true freshman. Reed as well,(TF) in case you want to make similar remarks about him. And the other things you say we're dwelling on the past over, plays a role in commenting on someone's recruiting ability. And it's not all on the coach that Cobe was a different player in Louisiana, than he is here, as far as recruiting ability goes. Konkol has shown that he is not a blind pig. What he does with those players is another issue. How he has been hamstrung on NIL is another conversation as well.

Last edited:
Konkol knew PJ from high school. Didn’t accidentally find him.

I do think everyone is right in saying this is Konkol’s biggest test of his career in retention of players and filling the remaining holes with ready to play guys. I accept a . 500 regular season this year after watching the Haith leftovers only win 5 games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT