ADVERTISEMENT

Trevis Gipson

Trevis was a freaking monster. Most of GBs damage was done when he wasn't on the field (#91 and #55 were completely ineffective when they lined up in the same spot Trevis did). And Trevis was so much of a problem early that GB started chipping in a double team when he was in.

Reactions: loca2874
Trevis was a freaking monster. Most of GBs damage was done when he wasn't on the field (#91 and #55 were completely ineffective when they lined up in the same spot Trevis did). And Trevis was so much of a problem early that GB started chipping in a double team when he was in.
For some reason the new Bears regime seems to be down on Trevis versus other guys. Weird considering what I saw yesterday.

For some reason the new Bears regime seems to be down on Trevis versus other guys. Weird considering what I saw yesterday.
What gives you the illusion they are down on him? Seriously.

Thanks! While I don’t consider Heavy Sports to be the gospel in all things NFL it makes sense. If you remember Trevis is a natural OLB In a 3-4. The new regime runs a 4 man front so now Trevis is a undersized DE. If the Bears move him they are idiots but honestly I hope they do so he can get in a situation where he can play every down and be appreciated. Trevis will be fine….He can rush the passer well and those dudes always have a home.

Thanks! While I don’t consider Heavy Sports to be the gospel in all things NFL it makes sense. If you remember Trevis is a natural OLB In a 3-4. The new regime runs a 4 man front so now Trevis is a undersized DE. If the Bears move him they are idiots but honestly I hope they do so he can get in a situation where he can play every down and be appreciated. Trevis will be fine….He can rush the passer well and those dudes always have a home.
That is just one example. There were similar articles in the preseason too. I don't vouch for any source.

Thank you for the insights.

It’s worth noting he started the year off of the two deep and they drafted at his position. Reasonable minds can differ why coaches and the GM would do that.

It’s worth noting he started the year off of the two deep and they drafted at his position. Reasonable minds can differ why coaches and the GM would do that.
Objectively, he was the most effective defensive linemen for the Bears last night even with fewer snaps.

Objectively, he was the most effective defensive linemen for the Bears last night even with fewer snaps.
Then perhaps demoting him has motivated him or signaled they will trade for him and productive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT