ADVERTISEMENT

Today’s game thread

Can someone just tell Wilson to not come back out in the 2nd half? Each week I think, we are going to lose but maybe someone will improve a bit. But each week they look worse.

Reactions: TU 1978
I would rather we gave the reins to someone unproven than Wilson. At least they would be hungry. Maybe someone in the stands would be willing to give it a shot for the chance at a sizeable contract in a year or two. I'm sure they could lose just as skillfully as Wilson can.

Reactions: crow4435
I'm sitting at Society for the countless time after watching TU in the first 2-3 qrtrs, with 3 screaming children. The fact I'm having more fun here than the game speaks volumes. I used to at least watch if we left early. Not any more. I know the admin won't do it, but these guys have to go.
Ya the university is not getting another dime from me until they get rid of these
“ coaches” . I’ll spend it on going hunting and fishing

Reactions: TU Pilot
With Navy blown out at home by Noter Dame today, I think we see just how bad the American is nationally. And Tulsa is solidly at the bottom of the American.

With Navy blown out at home by Noter Dame today, I think we see just how bad the American is nationally. And Tulsa is solidly at the bottom of the American.
I’ve said it over and over since they screwed Dave Rader and a couple of other fairly good coaches since. TU should drop to Division II or drop football. They just cannot afford today’s D1 ….

Reactions: GOTULSA
It's not that much of surprise. The 2pt conversion up 33-7 was my last my straw. On that note, the UTSA staff and fan base are a bunch of douchebags. I saw evidence before the game and that confirmed it.
Yeah, they are the thug school in Texas.

Reactions: TU Pilot
I’ve said it over and over since they screwed Dave Rader and a couple of other fairly good coaches since. TU should drop to Division II or drop football. They just cannot afford today’s D1 ….
Dropping football is a terrible idea, unless you want the Olympic sports to be playing conference games against ORU.

What other coaches did they screw ? The whole drop to division 2 or dropping football is not a good argument . Too many good years have happened for me to think it’s impossible for TU can’t compete , and there are plenty of small schools competing and doing well.

The "U Tulsa is a top 10 engineering college" commercial bugs me. That was Money.com in 2020. In 2024, USNews has 149 put of 199. Which one is it?

This and the Burns years are the two worst times I remember for Tulsa football. That is from the John Cooper years until now. The NIL era means marginal players will go to rosters where they are paid to ride the bench instead of going some where they will play. Couple that with horrific management over the past 20+ years and here we are.

Kids haven't quit playing and going to class so I am still routing for them

Does anyone follow the golden hurricast podcast?

Apparently one of the Podcasters posted an "apathy" message that got likes from several current players.

There is a sickness in the team. Leader needs to go IMO.
What sucks about firing a coach these days, is any good players that are on the roster, (even freshman who haven't shown much this season) will get offers and probably transfer. The only way to combat that is to hire a coach who has a great presence. Only that could possibly convince them to stay, but that's hard to do. Someone with that presence still will suffer from a lot of failure, (to convince them to stay) despite his presence. If we fire Wilson, whatever coach comes in will have to do a massive rebuild once again.

If they fire him, I hope they get Milkman to listen to an offer, despite having reasons not to. He is probably our best shot at getting some of those players to stay. Wilson has many players on the roster worth keeping.

I am looking forward to seeing Kamden get a tryout to play on Sundays.

Reactions: TU 1978 and TulsaAM
Refs screwed us out of 8 or 9 seconds on the fumble to incomplete reversal call. Let’s hope that isn’t critical to the outcome.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT