ADVERTISEMENT

This is why we are in the right conference at the right time...

TULOYAL

I.T.S. Sophomore
Aug 13, 2010
All TU fans should remember this week and realize how nice it is to be in a conference that enables us to compete for championships at a high level. Think about it. We are entering the final 1/3rd of our season and control our own destiny to a conference championship and big money bowl game. We have four opponents left that should all be close games no matter who wins, and each game still means something to our post season play. This is much better than being Vanderbilt of the SEC or North Dakota State in the FCS. I would much prefer playing for a lead in this conference than being a bottom half team in the Big 12. IMO, this is the best possible situation for a TU football fan, and this Saturday's game, with a win, should bring about an excitement and following we haven't seen in many years. Great weather, competitive opponent, championship race on the line.... be there.

and OU plays Thursday night, OSU on the road mid-afternoon, so football fans should come out even if they are not true blue TU fans. Hopefully, the World will promote this as the major game on Saturday.

The position our university and athletic leadership have put us in over the last two decades is pretty impressive. This is not an easy landscape for a school like TU to succeed in.

I may be harsh about attendance and game atmosphere sometimes but I don't ever forget how much we overachieve in nearly every other regard.

Yes. Its a wonderful conference that a lot of schools around the nation wish they were in. A conference that means something and gets respect nationally. And we can't just sit on our hands not improving our brand. We need "stuff" like better facilities and more local exposure. We will have been to 10 bowls in the last `14 years and have been to 2 NCAA's in the last 3. This is a good time to be a TU fan.

The AAC is the best conference Tulsa has been a part of in my 40 years of following the program. God Bless whom ever was instrumental in our invitation.

GO TU!!!!

If we win the conference and get a solid bowl game payout, maybe we'll have the funds to focus on facilities for the football team, or keep our head coach and his stable of assistants. We have a great basketball stadium for bball and vball, our rowing team has some state of the art indoor facility, our tennis facilities are good enough to host some national tournament on an annual basis which I saw on ESPN this year while on a treadmill at the gym, so it's not like 1992 where we had spray painted bleachers at Skelly and crap tennis courts next to greek row. Our football team had the stadium revitalized in 2007 I think (wish they hadn't downsized the seating)? So give the prior president props for keeping us a top 50 private academic institution and still giving the student athletes respectable and requisite amenities to compete and win championships in all sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT