ADVERTISEMENT

This is the Republican Party

Even the haters have to admit, him standing at the podium reading aloud news articles that say things he can’t say because of the gag order is brilliant. Maybe the most brilliant thing any of his lawyers have ever done.
You don't think he came up with that idea? ;) ;)

Even the haters have to admit, him standing at the podium reading aloud news articles that say things he can’t say because of the gag order is brilliant. Maybe the most brilliant thing any of his lawyers have ever done.
Barack sent me to Detroit for the pandemic.

Last edited:
Any of his lawyers have ever done, or is it The Human Printer, aide to Trump?

CBO has come out and said that Trump’s promise to fully extend his Tax Cuts and Jobs Act benefits could add an estimated 4.6 trillion to the deficit over the next 10 years…. Biden just came out with a proposal to extend the benefits for those making under 400K and reverting (to what degree is unknown) the corporate taxes that were cut from 35% to 21%.

Of course Trump comes out and says he would rather just get rid of income tax all together in favor of tarrifs which is basically taking a page out of Hoover’s failed economic playbook and has little chance of passing through Congress.

CBO has come out and said that Trump’s promise to fully extend his Tax Cuts and Jobs Act benefits could add an estimated 4.6 trillion to the deficit over the next 10 years…. Biden just came out with a proposal to extend the benefits for those making under 400K and reverting (to what degree is unknown) the corporate taxes that were cut from 35% to 21%.

Of course Trump comes out and says he would rather just get rid of income tax all together in favor of tarrifs which is basically taking a page out of Hoover’s failed economic playbook and has little chance of passing through Congress.
Our politicians are going to sit back and watch us drown in debt until this all burns down. No one has a viable plan to address the issue. Raising taxes and taking away free stuff doesn’t win many votes apparently and most Americans are too dumb to understand where we’re headed

Pretty sure that until Woodrow Wilson started the income tax wagon that Tarriffs and excise taxes funded the govt.. since Wilson all the govt has done has expand and insert itself into every aspect of American lives.

there is enough revenue: there is too much spending

When govt spending accounts for almost 40% of gdp... its true
The problem isn't the percentage of spend of GDP. The Baltic / European states spend quite a bit more than us in terms of total GDP percentage.... they also get more back in revenue (through more taxes for things like public healthcare). The problem really is the difference between the two numbers which is a measure of the net lending / borrowing that a country does as a percentage of GDP......

There are very few developed nations in the list of lenders right now. Most of them are petrol states that have government control of energy revenues.

In terms of net borrowing rating we're better than the UK, India and China, but worse than a handful of others.

Our government revenue as a percentage of GDP is under that of Japan, Canada, the UK, Germany, Australia, Spain, The Netherlands, France, Italy, Sweden, etc... etc... etc... On one hand that's good for our businesses..... on the other hand it's basically our government borrowing to subsidize the wealth of businesses and private citizens.... (mainly those who would pay the most taxes if they were raised to comparable levels. )

Last edited:
The problem isn't the percentage of spend of GDP. The Baltic / European states spend quite a bit more than us in terms of total GDP percentage.... they also get more back in revenue (through more taxes for things like public healthcare). The problem really is the difference between the two numbers which is a measure of the net lending / borrowing that a country does as a percentage of GDP......

There are very few developed nations in the list of lenders right now. Most of them are petrol states that have government control of energy revenues.

In terms of net borrowing rating we're better than the UK, India and China, but worse than a handful of others.

Our government revenue as a percentage of GDP is under that of Japan, Canada, the UK, Germany, Australia, Spain, The Netherlands, France, Italy, Sweden, etc... etc... etc... On one hand that's good for our businesses..... on the other hand it's basically our government borrowing to subsidize the wealth of businesses and private citizens.... (mainly those who would pay the most taxes if they were raised to comparable levels. )
You assume that their spending levels are sustainable.. if we didnt keep the world peace with our treasury those countries would be bust tomorrow..

Which explains the Republican obsession with lowering taxes at the top. No matter the problem, lower taxes for the wealthiest is the cure.

",,,,,On one hand that's good for our businesses..... on the other hand it's basically our government borrowing to subsidize the wealth of businesses and private citizens.... (mainly those who would pay the most taxes if they were raised to comparable levels. )"

Which explains the Republican obsession with lowering taxes at the top. No matter the problem, lower taxes for the wealthiest is the cure.

",,,,,On one hand that's good for our businesses..... on the other hand it's basically our government borrowing to subsidize the wealth of businesses and private citizens.... (mainly those who would pay the most taxes if they were raised to comparable levels. )"
Curious to hear your thoughts on the $2T we’re borrowing this year ?

Any thoughts on what’s been happening in Florida over the past four years? Dems outnumbered Pubs there four years ago. Pubs now lead in registration by almost 1M voters. A seismic shift for a purple state.

Any thoughts on what’s been happening in Florida over the past four years? Dems outnumbered Pubs there four years ago. Pubs now lead in registration by almost 1M voters. A seismic shift for a purple state.

Trump’s home state bump…

Also they saw an influx of mask avoiding population during Covid and they’re simply a state that has a huge population above retirement age

Trump’s home state bump…

Also they saw an influx of mask avoiding population during Covid and they’re simply a state that has a huge population above retirement age
More of a switching of parties by Dems to Pubs. Dems had 5.3M reg voters in 2020. They’ve lost 1M voters in the last 48 months. Those are historic losses. Matches precisely the number the Pubs have gained.

More of a switching of parties by Dems to Pubs. Dems had 5.3M reg voters in 2020. They’ve lost 1M voters in the last 48 months. Those are historic losses. Matches precisely the number the Pubs have gained.
Now do Colorado and Nevada. lol

I’m serious that a President’s home residence matters.

I don’t think anyone would have seriously expected Trump to lose Arizona and Georgia.

Now do Colorado and Nevada. lol

I’m serious that a President’s home residence matters.

I don’t think anyone would have seriously expected Trump to lose Arizona and Georgia.
Nevada. Dems had a 111k voter advantage in 2020. Dems had a 69k voter advantage at the end of 2023.

Both Dems and Pubs have lost voters in Colorado as more and more are registering independent even as the state has trended Dem.

Pubs outnumbered Dems by 3% in 2020 in Arizona. That number is 6% today. Those gains in registration obviously don’t translate into wins. Candidates still matter.

Last edited:
Nevada. Dems had a 111k voter advantage in 2020. Dems had a 69k voter advantage at the end of 2023.

Both Dems and Pubs have lost voters in Colorado as more and more are registering independent even as the state has trended Dem.

Pubs outnumbered Dems by 3% in 2020 in Arizona. That number is 6% today. Those gains in registration obviously don’t translate into wins. Candidates still matter.
The Republican party at various state levels has been cracking down on grassroots voter registration efforts traditionally used by Democrats. Meanwhile Republicans have made in-roads with the uneducated and non-Catholic Hispanics.

I think a lot of this has to do with the gullibility of the electorate we are talking about. I recall the first person who really espoused Trump to me back in 2015 / 16... he was a hispanic water pumper in the oil patch. Dumb as a box of rocks. I imagine many more like him have developed an affinity for Trump and the Republican party's antics and simple, but flawed, arguments.

The Republican party at various state levels has been cracking down on grassroots voter registration efforts traditionally used by Democrats. Meanwhile Republicans have made in-roads with the uneducated and non-Catholic Hispanics.

I think a lot of this has to do with the gullibility of the electorate we are talking about. I recall the first person who really espoused Trump to me back in 2015 / 16... he was a hispanic water pumper in the oil patch. Dumb as a box of rocks. I imagine many more like him have developed an affinity for Trump and the Republican party's antics and simple, but flawed, arguments.
Please explain to me why it’s a good idea for the government to incentivize the public to give their PII to perfect strangers, many of them convicted criminals and scam artists.

Please explain to me why it’s a good idea to force elections officials to accept pallets of registrations the day of the deadline, then have to employ people all night long to go through it.

Please explain to Joe Dumars and Dennis Rodman why they have been registered to vote in six states.

Please explain to me why it’s a good idea for the government to incentivize the public to give their PII to perfect strangers, many of them convicted criminals and scam artists.

Please explain to me why it’s a good idea to force elections officials to accept pallets of registrations the day of the deadline, then have to employ people all night long to go through it.

Please explain to Joe Dumars and Dennis Rodman why they have been registered to vote in six states.
no day of registration, you've had plenty of time. Voter id

The seismic shift is any party to independent.
Except for Florida this is correct. Shows a widespread and deserved dissatisfaction with both political parties.

Speaking of seismic shifts, yesterday was primary day for Oklahoma. I’m old enough to remember when the Dems controlled both Houses as well as most statewide offices. They also had a huge advantage in registration. Today the Oklahoma Dem party is almost nonexistent. Having a one party system isn’t ideal for any state imo. I understand the national Dem party has some far left social positions which don’t play well in Oklahoma. What does the Oklahoma Dem party need to do to distance itself enough from the national party to retain its footing here in the state ?

Except for Florida this is correct. Shows a widespread and deserved dissatisfaction with both political parties.

Speaking of seismic shifts, yesterday was primary day for Oklahoma. I’m old enough to remember when the Dems controlled both Houses as well as most statewide offices. They also had a huge advantage in registration. Today the Oklahoma Dem party is almost nonexistent. Having a one party system isn’t ideal for any state imo. I understand the national Dem party has some far left social positions which don’t play well in Oklahoma. What does the Oklahoma Dem party need to do to distance itself enough from the national party to retain its footing here in the state ?
You do realize that the ideologies of the voters in Oklahoma barely changed right? Those that were predjudiced religious conservatives didn’t just disappear and they didn’t change their mind…. They just had one party begin to appeal to them and the other quit trying to craft a platform in line with their convictions. Personally, if it means choosing between appealing to those people and losing elections, I would rather lose.

“I didn’t leave the Democratic Party, the Democratic Party left me” is a true statement.., but it’s not a good one.

You do realize that the ideologies of the voters in Oklahoma barely changed right? Those that were predjudiced religious conservatives didn’t just disappear and they didn’t change their mind…. They just had one party begin to appeal to them and the other quit trying to craft a platform in line with their convictions. Personally, if it means choosing between appealing to those people and losing elections, I would rather lose.

“I didn’t leave the Democratic Party, the Democratic Party left me” is a true statement.., but it’s not a good one.
Wasn’t really my question. Dems in the state don’t typically run far left candidates like we see nationally. In many cases the local Dem candidates aren’t that different from an ideological standpoint than their Pub counterpart. The real question is how to focus on local politics and local candidates and not get swept up in the national landscape which is unfriendly to the Dems in our state ?

Reactions: HuffyCane
Wasn’t really my question. Dems in the state don’t typically run far left candidates like we see nationally. In many cases the local Dem candidates aren’t that different from an ideological standpoint than their Pub counterpart. The real question is how to focus on local politics and local candidates and not get swept up in the national landscape which is unfriendly to the Dems in our state ?
I know many people who don't even vote because they don't think their vote matters.

They should break away and form a third party. But who will fund it? No one. Americans don't like change. It is why we get an election where we are running 80-year-olds for president, and one who has been convicted and is under 3 other criminal indictments said he never lost an election, took a mob to the capitol and let it break it and wanted it to get mike pence to "do his job" and send the vote back to the states so they could overturn the results of the election, like yeah. It would have been too much to criticize and ask him to debate in a primary. They are cowards.

That is how we get Ryan Walters. I can't believe that Republicans actually believe that guy is a good representation of our state. He is a parody of stupidity. That is what you get when you get straight-line party voting and no thought. There is a reason all his attorneys have quit, and no one is allowed on the executive floor at the education building in OKC. It is a joke.

This state is actually taking measures to make sure the legislature is LESS responsive to the electorate by making ballot measures even harder to pass.

I love the Prime Minister's questions. I dream that someday, some state will do something similar.

The Dems lost the District 5 race between Bice and Kendra Horn when Pelosi forced Horn to vote for impeachment. Horn had flipped the Tinker/OKC district blue and had a polling lead until that vote. Pelosi withheld DNC funding from Horn until she agreed to actually vote yes rather than the politically expedient abstention. One vote lost a blue foothold in OK.

I know many people who don't even vote because they don't think their vote matters.

They should break away and form a third party. But who will fund it? No one. Americans don't like change. It is why we get an election where we are running 80-year-olds for president, and one who has been convicted and is under 3 other criminal indictments said he never lost an election, took a mob to the capitol and let it break it and wanted it to get mike pence to "do his job" and send the vote back to the states so they could overturn the results of the election, like yeah. It would have been too much to criticize and ask him to debate in a primary. They are cowards.

That is how we get Ryan Walters. I can't believe that Republicans actually believe that guy is a good representation of our state. He is a parody of stupidity. That is what you get when you get straight-line party voting and no thought. There is a reason all his attorneys have quit, and no one is allowed on the executive floor at the education building in OKC. It is a joke.

This state is actually taking measures to make sure the legislature is LESS responsive to the electorate by making ballot measures even harder to pass.

I love the Prime Minister's questions. I dream that someday, some state will do something similar.

Could be worse. Imagine having Omar or Tlaib representing your state at the national level. Walters is only local. You’re correct though. We hate change. Thus we have a felon and a vegetable as our two main options for 2024. Thus why I am voting for a third party.

The Dems lost the District 5 race between Bice and Kendra Horn when Pelosi forced Horn to vote for impeachment. Horn had flipped the Tinker/OKC district blue and had a polling lead until that vote. Pelosi withheld DNC funding from Horn until she agreed to actually vote yes rather than the politically expedient abstention. One vote lost a blue foothold in OK.
lol. You, you think that is why she lost. I think you should go back and go look at redistricting dawg.

lol. You, you think that is why she lost. I think you should go back and go look at redistricting dawg.
Horn lost because 2020 was a Presidential election cycle and not midterms when she took the seat in 2018. Don’t overthink this. Trump won every county in Oklahoma in 2020. Horn lacked the cache to overcome Pub strength across her district.

Weren’t district lines redrawn in 2022 and not 2020?

Last edited:
Horn lost because 2020 was a Presidential election cycle and not midterms when she took the seat in 2018. Don’t overthink this. Trump won every county in Oklahoma in 2020. Horn lacked the cache to overcome Pub strength across her district.

Weren’t district lines redrawn in 2022 and not 2020?
This.

I think you were right my bad. I they did completely redo district 5 after there was the hiccup in the last cycle to protect this possibility that young people and Latinos think the current state of the Republican Party are total ding dongs

I’m not talking about far left candidates. The Republican Party in the state likes to run fairly far right candidates…. So whichever Dem would want to actually win would need to run right of the rest of the party (think Joe Manchin, Kristen Sinema, etc…) ultimately those people haven’t helped advance much agenda…. I don’t want the party to pander to poor ideas just to win state elections.

Eventually the constituency has to realize the people they elect tend to suck… but it takes seismic events for that to happen….

So in the past could days, I've seen news on Oklahoma law makers trying to get rid of no-fault divorce and outlaw various types of pornography to anyone except between married couples.

Now we've seen Louisiana mandating the ten commandments in classrooms.

Recently we've seen Republican lawmakers defending marriages to minors, and Trump's "spiritual advisor" comes out as having molested a 12 year old for 3 years.

The national party is starting to throw around ideas about reexamining Brown v. Board of Education and Griswold v. Connecticut.... only a couple short years after having tried their best to overthrow Democracy.

And we're being asked how the Democratic Party needs to move to the center..... No thank you. The Republican Party and those supporting it, need to get their head out of their ass. We can talk about moderation when they begin to moderate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT