ADVERTISEMENT

The Title Card Has Been Announced

If we were to war games a beach landing of marines off of the coast of Novo Scotia or Vancouver, the Canadians would probably be pretty upset. If we did that to another near peer it could very likely lead to war. You simulate certain things with a computer but you will always have limited data to use in the sim. The less provocative but more likely scenarios are physically war games. Every year the national guard publically announces a domestic exercise. Every year people think the government is invading their area. The exercise only physically war games the less provocative piece and the rest is simulated.
That is out of realm of possibility. We don't have any reason for wanting to land marines off the coast of Nova scotia. There is definitely a possibility of the election going south, Iran using a nuclear bomb, etc etc. There has never been a reason to do anything to Canada, just like there has never been a reason to war game against Germany since the wall fell. Your example is similar to some of Aston's far out suggestions that people come down on him for. You know the one's that Aston even apologizes for, after somebody points out the ludicrousness of them.

Reactions: HuffyCane
If we were to war games a beach landing of marines off of the coast of Novo Scotia or Vancouver, the Canadians would probably be pretty upset. If we did that to another near peer it could very likely lead to war. You simulate certain things with a computer but you will always have limited data to use in the sim. The less provocative but more likely scenarios are physically war games. Every year the national guard publically announces a domestic exercise. Every year people think the government is invading their area. The exercise only physically war games the less provocative piece and the rest is simulated.
That is out of realm of possibility. We don't have any reason for wanting to land marines off the coast of Nova scotia. There is definitely a possibility of the election going south, Iran using a nuclear bomb, etc etc. There has never been a reason to do anything to Canada, just like there has never been a reason to war game against Germany since the wall fell. Your example is similar to some of Aston's far out suggestions that people come down on him for. You know the one's that Aston even apologizes for, after somebody points out the ludicrousness of them.
Thank you for agreeing with me finally! There is a plan for any and every scenario under the sun. Only the most likely scenarios get war gamed!

We have been chastised for similar actions with Germany, Britain, France, some Norwegian country that I can't remember, etc. We have acted in an espionagesque manner with diplomats from those countries. But that was likely for advantages in business, not to plan for an incursion from those countries.

Thank you for agreeing with me finally! There is a plan for any and every scenario under the sun. Only the most likely scenarios get war gamed!
But my agreeing with you did not further the point you have so been belaboring over. That doesn't prove no war gaming for elections, Iran, China, etc. Look back at my post on spying for business reasons.

It absolutely does! The Dems are war gaming the most likely scenario
God almighty no it does not. There is nothing I have stated in this argument, nor you, that argues that it is the most likely scenario. It's like banging your head against a wall debating with you. You don't make a logical argument for that. 1+1=alligator. You still have not spoken about the article about Iran. It distinctly talks about war gaming for situations that are not likely. You just continue to ignore that article, not one word about it.

God almighty no it does not. There is nothing I have stated in this argument, nor you, that argues that it is the most likely scenario. It's like banging your head against a wall debating with you. You don't make a logical argument for that. 1+1=alligator. You still have not spoken about the article about Iran. It distinctly talks about war gaming for situations that are not likely. You just continue to ignore that article, not one word about it.
You think a bunch of politicians and think tanks are going to get together and spitball an outlandish scenario? They have way more important things to to, I promise you. If they didn’t think it was possible they wouldn’t make time. I’m not going to talk anything Iran.

If you would have read the public documents I provided, you would know how they are created just like I encouraged you to do. Nothing secret about that. Having a plan is one thing, War Gaming it is quite another!
You dinky dau. You are obviously reasonable intelligent, but you have gone off the deep end. Get help.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
You think a bunch of politicians and think tanks are going to get together and spitball an outlandish scenario? They have way more important things to to, I promise you. If they didn’t think it was possible they wouldn’t make time. I’m not going to talk anything Iran.
Yes they will, because the event is possible. They want to be ready for unlikely possibilities through spending a couple of weeks to a day or less war gaming. Canada is not possible, other situations are possible. They are not likely, but they are possible, and are thus war gamed.

But I must APOLOGIZE to you. My link that I have been going on about you not addressing, went to blank. Since you, nor anybody else pointed it out to me, I had to just happen to notice it myself, by clicking on it.

article

You don’t war game every scenario to collect data. The outcome of that would inevitably be war!
You do the best with the data you have, but there always tends to be a better model (plan) to deal with the problems you expect to be most common and the outliers that you've seen occur historically which your previous plan misses.

Yes they will, because the event is possible. They want to be ready for unlikely possibilities through spending a couple of weeks to a day or less war gaming. Canada is not possible, other situations are possible. They are not likely, but they are possible, and are thus war gamed.

But I must APOLOGIZE to you. My link that I have been going on about you not addressing, went to blank. Since you, nor anybody else pointed it out to me, I had to just happen to notice it myself, by clicking on it.

article
The US has had multiple iterations of plans for invasions of countries that are currently (and were at the time) allies, as well as plans for defensive or offensive wars based on who our allies were at the time. If those aren't outlier scenarios then I don't know what is.

See Warplans:
  • Rainbow 1 was a plan for a defensive war to protect the United States and the Western Hemisphere north of ten degrees [south] latitude. In such a war, the United States was assumed to be without major allies.
  • Rainbow 2 was identical to Rainbow 1, except for assuming that the United States would be allied with France and the United Kingdom.
  • Rainbow 3 was a repetition of the Orange plan, with the provision that the hemisphere defense would first be secured, as provided in Rainbow 1.
  • Rainbow 4 was based on the same assumptions as Rainbow 1, but extended the American mission to include defense of the entire Western hemisphere.
  • Rainbow 5, destined to be the basis for American strategy in World War II, assumed that the United States was allied with Britain and France and provided for offensive operations by American forces in Europe, Africa, or both.
War Plan Black
A plan for war with Germany. The best-known version of Black was conceived as a contingency plan during World War I in case France fell, and the Germans attempted to seize French possessions in the Caribbean Sea, or launch an attack on the eastern seaboard.
War Plan Gray[13]
There were two War Plans named Gray. The first dealt with Central America[13] and the Caribbean, and the second dealt with invading the Portuguese Azores.[14]
War Plan Brown[15]
Dealt with an uprising in the Philippines.
War Plan Tan[16]
Intervention in Cuba.
War Plan Red[17]
Plan for the United Kingdom, with variants from British dominions: Crimson (Canada), Ruby (India), Scarlet (Australia), Garnet (New Zealand), Emerald (Ireland).
War Plan Orange[18]
Plan for Japan.
War Plan Red-Orange[19]
Considered a two-front war with the United States (Blue) opposing Japan (Orange) and the British Empire (Red) simultaneously. This analysis led to the understanding that the United States didn't have the resources to fight a two front war. As a result of this, during World War II it was decided that one front should prioritized for attack while the other was to be defensive, for the war in Europe against Germany and Italy and against Japan respectively. This decision resulted in the Plan Dog memo.
War Plan Yellow[20]
Dealt with war in China—specifically, anticipating a repeat of the Boxer Uprising (1899–1901).[21] War Plan Yellow would deploy the US Army in coalition with other imperial forces to suppress indigenous discontent in the Shanghai International Settlement and Beijing Legation Quarter,[22] with chemical weapons if necessary.[23]
War Plan Gold[24]
Involved war with France, and/or France's Caribbean colonies.
War Plan Green[25]
Involved war with Mexico or what was known as "Mexican Domestic Intervention" in order to defeat rebel forces and establish a pro-American government. War Plan Green was officially canceled in 1946.
War Plan Indigo[26]
Involved an occupation of Iceland. In 1941, while Denmark was under German occupation, the US actually did occupy Iceland, relieving British units during the Battle of the Atlantic.
War Plan Purple[27]
Dealt with invading a South American republic.
War Plan Violet[28]
Covered Latin America.
War Plan White[29]
Dealt with a domestic uprising in the US, and later evolved to Operation Garden Plot, the general US military plan for civil disturbances and peaceful protests. Parts of War Plan White were used to deal with the Bonus Expeditionary Force in 1932. Communist insurgents were considered the most likely threat by the authors of War Plan White.
War Plan Blue[30]
Covered defensive plans and preparations that the United States should take in times of peace.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_color-coded_war_plans

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT