ADVERTISEMENT

The bad news is still spreading

Correction, for some reason CNN was running an old story this morning and I fell for it. Concerning Johnson. April 7.

The other two are stories from yesterday on CNN. The BBC article is yesterday.

I regret any confusion this may have caused.

The second item would actually make me happy, if it didn't mean more Russians are dying. Autocratic leaders subterfuge and failure of plans would be good in the moral balance of things if it didn't mean more deaths. The deaths have and will already happen. So all I can say, is I'm glad it is coming out in the news that decisions of autocrats should be viewed negatively. Doubt it changes any future decisions of those autocrats, but not much of anything would change that situation, other than them being dethroned.

Reactions: TUMe
Assume there’s a lead story on CNN that cases are declining across the country ?

Reactions: Rippin
Testing curve has flattened. Why?

Date New Tests Total Tests
Thu Apr 16 2020 158,309 3,401,064
Wed Apr 15 2020 161,135 3,242,755
Tue Apr 14 2020 146,614 3,081,620
Mon Apr 13 2020 129,114 2,935,006
Sun Apr 12 2020 140,226 2,805,892

Covid Tracking Project

Because the number of new cases has flattened?
The number of tests being administered has kept pace with the rise in cases. A number of states stopped testing unless you had all the symptoms and had known contact with someone who is already confirmed. (Or you're needing to be admitted to the ICU) Which means, there are chains of infections out there that aren't getting tested and that there are both symptomatic and asymptomatic carriers in the populous that are still spreading this unknowingly due to the 2 week lag.

The drive thru sites here in Tulsa are almost always empty. Not sure if that's a negative of positive. Tulsa county has average 12-15 new cases a day for the past week. Would obviously like to see that go down here in the next few weeks. I believe there were only 236 covid positive patients in state hospitals as of yesterday. A number which the state can obviously easily handle. Oklahoma's been lucky compared to our neighbors in the northeast.

NY has accounted for almost half the deaths in the entire country btw. :eek:

Assume there’s a lead story on CNN that cases are declining across the country ?
Oh, he’d be disappointed &/or find a way to give credit to the do nothing Democrats in congress blocking my ability to sign pay checks to employees because they’ve already proven they prefer to hold small businesses (& thus US citizens) hostage in order to get what the Democrats want included in the bill. It’s sickening. They don’t care about you - no matter who you are nor for whom you vote.

He (like they) prefer(s) to engage in denial, deceit & delusion. He’s truly suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome, just like the rest of the Dems.

The drive thru sites here in Tulsa are almost always empty. Not sure if that's a negative of positive. Tulsa county has average 12-15 new cases a day for the past week. Would obviously like to see that go down here in the next few weeks. I believe there were only 236 covid positive patients in state hospitals as of yesterday. A number which the state can obviously easily handle. Oklahoma's been lucky compared to our neighbors in the northeast.

NY has accounted for almost half the deaths in the entire country btw. :eek:
We are, indeed, blessed to be so fortunate.

Again, a reckoning is on the horizon. It’s a shame that these idiots fell for the word of the WHO & China. I’ve known for a long time (at least 11 years) that the WHO is corrupt. These same Dems trying to hate on/blame President Trump were calling him racist/xenophobic for closing borders, saying he was an idiot for not listening to the WHO & China, they’re now contradicting themselves (par for the course). (The Left is so stupid they think chinese is is a race which actually makes them racist but that’s also par for the course)

China has never had a bleaker outlook.

As I mentioned on another post, this brings new light to President Xi saving we shouldn’t allow dividend to purchase firearms. I knew back then why he said it. Now we all know why he said that - you can’t occupy a foreign country that has an armed citizenry but an armed citizenry that is better trained than your own military.

It reminds me of the words of Japanese Admiral Yamamoto in 1941, “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.” China messed up big time with this one & the WHO is going down with them. What’s

I know. Don’t forget, Grimlock & Cutthroat are both dead & Cyntoia (is that a name?) Brown is free. Kim Kardashian believes in second chances for killers. If I kill someone will Kim get me a second chance? Oh wait, I’m white & therefore wouldn’t qualify.

CNN is working overtime to fact check every thing from the wh.

Where was this same energy during the Muller investigation, Uranium one, Benghazi, Biden Ukraine, Bill and Lynch meet on the tarmac, IRS investigate on conservative charities, Va top dems issues, Clinton Foundation pay to play, . . .?

there are now reports that the poor and unprivileged are getting the virus at a higher rate than other groups. Most these people are on welfare, medicaid, and other government assistance.

Obviously then the government giving stuff to needy people isn't working.

there are now reports that the poor and unprivileged are getting the virus at a higher rate than other groups. Most these people are on welfare, medicaid, and other government assistance.

Obviously then the government giving stuff to needy people isn't working.
Doh, I figured it out. Signed Clueless

Yeah totally shocking that people with less money and in generally poorer health who live in areas and work jobs that make social distancing impossible would be more likely to catch it. Brilliant stuff there.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
@lawpoke87 to continue the conversation from 'furloughs' more specifically about Oklahoma. What do you think about this national modeling? Seems like they are saying late June, early July for us beginning to open up. Not good, if we go by their model.

@lawpoke87 to continue the conversation from 'furloughs' more specifically about Oklahoma. What do you think about this national modeling? Seems like they are saying late June, early July for us beginning to open up. Not good, if we go by their model.

The primary national model was changed from almost 1000 projected deaths in Oklahoma to 359 two days ago. I have a hard time placing much faith in a model which changes almost 300% in mid April.

We’re going to need to look at actual data not modeling due to their past inconsistencies imo. Every Oklahoma model has vastly overstated the scope and severity of this pandemic. I’m unsure of their value as of April 19th. I always questioned why we would have a large surge six weeks into quarantine as they have predicted for weeks.

Testing in the Tulsa area appears to have as much to do about people wanting to be tested as test availability (at least from looking at one drive through location). Cases (especially hospitalizations as they are not test dependent) need to be decreasing. We need to be smart about gradually relaxing quarantine measures and monitor hospital admittances and case numbers.

Yeah totally shocking that people with less money and in generally poorer health who live in areas and work jobs that make social distancing impossible would be more likely to catch it. Brilliant stuff there.
Some people exposed to the flu get sick and others don't? One group of people have cycle cell anemia, males are more likely to be color blind.

Some people exposed to the flu get sick and others don't? One group of people have cycle cell anemia, males are more likely to be color blind.
And what are you saying, come out and say it. I have a feeling as to why you did not outright say it.

The primary national model was changed from almost 1000 projected deaths in Oklahoma to 359 two days ago. I have a hard time placing much faith in a model which changes almost 300% in mid April.

We’re going to need to look at actual data not modeling due to their past inconsistencies imo. Every Oklahoma model has vastly overstated the scope and severity of this pandemic. I’m unsure of their value as of April 19th. I always questioned why we would have a large surge six weeks into quarantine as they have predicted for weeks.

Testing in the Tulsa area appears to have as much to do about people wanting to be tested as test availability (at least from looking at one drive through location). Cases (especially hospitalizations as they are not test dependent) need to be decreasing. We need to be smart about gradually relaxing quarantine measures and monitor hospital admittances and case numbers.
I would like to see what the proposed #'s could possibly lead to not just immediately(2-4 weeks down the line) if we reopen soon.(sometime in May)

I find it rather ridiculous if they are expecting a 'small' surge that would lead to 559(my imaginary example) deaths for Oklahoma instead of 359, and are wanting to keep it closed down to keep us from jumping up 55%.(in my example: 359-559: 55%) 55% is a large jump in percentage, for the overall #, but a small # in the overall percentage related to our population.

If they are going off this simple percentage of deaths not related to population of the state, then that seems to be a matter of semantics. It's not actually statistically significant when related to the per capita of the state's population. This is the reason I didn't get into #'s related to Oklahoma. My feelings expressed in the 'furloughs' post were overall for the states, not specifically for Oklahoma. There would be exceptions for states that were below a certain threshold.

The benefits economically would far outweigh staying closed down. I'm sorry but there are #'s relating early deaths to an economic downturn, that say it is worth it. The grief, loss of business, stress, loss of income, etc does come into play as equating to a couple hundred early deaths.

Last edited:
The one thing that is very clear imo is that the people creating these models have zero clue as to projections. They have been wrong on a magnitude of 2 to 3 throughout this process in places like Oklahoma. The Tulsa County Health Dept was off by a magnitude of greater than 10. Planning policy around such inaccurate information is simply not prudent. Base policy on real data.

Reactions: HuffyCane
The one thing that is very clear imo is that the people creating these models have zero clue as to projections. They have been wrong on a magnitude of 2 to 3 throughout this process in places like Oklahoma. The Tulsa County Health Dept was off by a magnitude of greater than 10. Planning policy around such inaccurate information is simply not prudent. Base policy on real data.
With the correction, the data says to me the projections will likely be much more accurate now, after that large correction. Either it means they are ignoring data points that didn't predict with any accuracy, or those data points disappeared.

its like using Tornado data to predict Hurricanes.

At that rate, most of what you pay for gasoline will be state and federal tax. Of course, with Cushing near here, almost any crude can be brought to Holly-Frontier here, but would you choose to pay more.

It is only the may contract though, so there's that. June still at $21.00

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT