ADVERTISEMENT

TG in T-Town?

You are the Ben Shapiro of Football, facts before feelings. These guys care more about their feelings than they do the stats and records, lol. Love it.
He picks and chooses his facts to fit his agenda. Omitting details to make his case. Things like: There's a good chance that some unranked SEC schools that we didn't get to play would have trounced the "ranked" MAC / MWC schools we beat... considering they beat UCF and ECU and UCF and ECU beat us....

Some of the teams that Monty has beat would have destroyed those MAC /MWC schools. Memphis in 2016 for example.

Beating up MAC teams... excuse me if I'm not enthused. I would have rather played Georgia, Ole Miss, or Kentucky in the Liberty Bowl like UCF and ECU did when they won the conference championship and Todd tried to sell us on the GMAC Bowl.
How is this even an argument? Dismantling the entire MAC looks pretty good to me after getting our ass handed to us by the Sun Belt.

He picks and chooses his facts to fit his agenda. Omitting details to make his case. Things like: There's a good chance that some unranked SEC schools that we didn't get to play would have trounced the "ranked" MAC / MWC schools we beat... considering they beat UCF and ECU and UCF and ECU beat us....

Some of the teams that Monty has beat would have destroyed those MAC /MWC schools. Memphis in 2016 for example.

Logical fallacies

Incorrect information

Now the always accurate transitive win hypothesis.

You like Monty. So do I. But how I feel doesn't change the reality of the situation. You trying to argue from your emotions is only making it look worse. I recommend you quit digging yourself that hole or you'll end up with Monty burried.

Reactions: TUGrad06
Good grief is every thread going to become is Monty better or worse than coach X?

It is nearly impossible to tell while he’s the current coach. As of this moment he’s in the ballpark of Bill and Graham.

People called for Graham’s head the season he decided to be OC but then he hired Chad Morris.

I don’t think this will happen but it’s still possible Monty turns this season around and then all this talk is moot.

Why is everyone talking about random subjects like it is the offseason?!

Graham burned any bridge back to us by his comments after leaving us.... then Pitt...there are other good coaches out there we don't have to retread... and we don't even need to be talking about this yet.
I witnessed the miracle on 11th Street, the last second TD pass in the corner of the endzone win over OSU, us beat a really good Iowa team at home, and beat ND in their house. Miracles do happen and sometimes the stars do align just right but the writing is on the wall. I said it in the offseason that Monty didn't do enough to bring in the horses from JUCO needed to fill the gaps we have and it shows big time now in leadership and depth. Enough of that for now........Lets hope for the best.........GO TU!

Reactions: TU4ever2
Buzz's NIT run was a little different. After he completely mishandled the golden opportunity in front of him at the WAC tournament, which we hosted, the players revolted and just decided they weren't listening to him. Watch some of the old highlights and you see him barking something at Harrington...and Harrington waved him off almost like "STHU".

Hogwash! Go back and watch that game. Graham was being a butthole and up in players’ faces. He’s lucky Jameel Owens didn’t whip his ass. You’re like that 45-year-old hippie non-traditional student in the 4000 level history class who likes to talk down to us undergrads.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuffyCane
Buzz's NIT run was a little different. After he completely mishandled the golden opportunity in front of him at the WAC tournament, which we hosted, the players revolted and just decided they weren't listening to him. Watch some of the old highlights and you see him barking something at Harrington...and Harrington waved him off almost like "STHU".

Hogwash! Go back and watch that game. Graham was being a butthole and up in players’ faces. He’s lucky Jameel Owens didn’t whip his ass. You’re like that 45-year-old hippie non-traditional student in the 4000 level history class who likes to talk down to us undergrads.
I wish I could go back and watch the game...Cox DVR bit the dust and there’s nothing they could do to save it. Pissed me off. And basically made my decision to switch providers when we moved.

I think Graham was hard on players and demanded they played well. And that probably rubbed some players the wrong way.

My whole problem with Buzz is he never adapted to the players and kept trying to fix something that wasn’t broken.

Lol. Feelings before facts.

I was there and confirm BLA's words... Buzz was a horrible coach with a handshake like a cheap wet paper towel, that was a potential NCAA Sweet 16 team he coached into mediocrity

Reactions: TU Sepp
Graham burned any bridge back to us by his comments after leaving us.... then Pitt...there are other good coaches out there we don't have to retread... and we don't even need to be talking about this yet.

Really? That’s just not true at all. He thanked the donors who paid him and tried to get an extentison on his deal, but they wouldn’t do it. He actually said goodbye to the players. In contrast, he left Pitt by having his staff send the “God Bless Todd Graham” text.

There are a number of administrators who wouldn’t touch him. He was not well likes by some long term people.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Really? That’s just not true at all. He thanked the donors who paid him and tried to get an extentison on his deal, but they wouldn’t do it. He actually said goodbye to the players. In contrast, he left Pitt by having his staff send the “God Bless Todd Graham” text.

There are a number of administrators who wouldn’t touch him. He was not well likes by some long term people.

Yep, it’s very unlikely he’ll get a look when we start the search but he did not burn bridges here. He did at Rice and Pitt.

Also, if I recall the big hang up for extending him is how adamant he was about staff salaries and that being the big hang up.

Also, if I recall the big hang up for extending him is how adamant he was about not understanding why the uni and the boosters didn’t want to pay his buddy “120th ranked defense” Patterson as much as Malzahn and Morris.
FIFY

Reactions: cmullinsTU
TG and family did some not great things behind the scenes at TU. Not sure I'd want that again. His willingness to fight for his guys was commendable though

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT