ADVERTISEMENT

Temple game thread

Again, awesome post. The fact these numbnuts are wringing their hands over this game is laughable.

Anybody know the record for the most unanswered points to start a game? I seem to remember TU going 15-0 against Rhode Island. I think it was the first game of the Elite Eight season.

The record is Southern 44-0 over Champion Baptist in 2013.
Record in a game between D1 schools is UConn 32-0 over New Hampshire in 1990.

We got off to a 24-0 lead against a team that pretty much everybody who isn't a TU fan thinks is better than us. Give Temple credit for not giving up and clawing their way back into the game. Ultimately, we didn't let them get closer than 3 possessions before running it back up to an 18 point lead by the end. This in a game where we were only a slight favorite and then only because it was at the Reynolds Center. We could have played better in the middle when Temple made their run, but overall a great game by our guys.
A great game and not here to complain. But win or lose there can always be constructive critique. 19 turnovers can be problem. Wish we could continue the ball movement and a little less dribbling.
The ball movement and defense got us our lead.
The best 15 minutes of TU basketball in a long time. Trapping defense and great shooting along with good ball movement. Really proud of this team. Haith and the assistance have done a tremendous job. This team in the last 6-9 games has been very good.
I think this team, including the coaching staff were taken aback by the Magney saga. It took a couple months for them to regroup. We are now playing some very good ball without a classic big. Very impressive!

A great game and not here to complain. But win or lose there can always be constructive critique. 19 turnovers can be problem. Wish we could continue the ball movement and a little less dribbling.
The best 15 minutes of TU basketball in a long time. Trapping defense and great shooting along with good ball movement. Really proud of this team. Haith and the assistance have done a tremendous job. This team in the last 6-9 games has been very good.
I think this team, including the coaching staff were taken aback by the Magney saga. It took a couple months for them to regroup. We are now playing some very good ball without a classic big. Very impressive!
Agree 100%

Magnay could have changed our record a lot in my opinion. I agree that they did a good job changing things around with him gone.

Not sure I've ever seen a game be 24-0 at the 10 minute mark

Bingo! That may put the fear into some of the teams in the AAC tourney. Ive never seen a game that lopsided at any level of basketball. And some of the ESPN people were pushing Temple as a possible dancer before this game.

One more win in the AAC tourney and we will be bubbled with 20 wins IMO. But the good news is we are probably going to a real "tournament" (NCAA or NIT) and not a "TURDAMENT".(all the others).

Bingo! That may put the fear into some of the teams in the AAC tourney. Ive never seen a game that lopsided at any level of basketball. And some of the ESPN people were pushing Temple as a possible dancer before this game.

One more win in the AAC tourney and we will be bubbled with 20 wins IMO. But the good news is we are probably going to a real "tournament" (NCAA or NIT) and not a "TURDAMENT".(all the others).

I don’t think we’d be able to go to anything below the NIT even if we wanted to... I believe the conference doesn’t allow it.

Haith is not putting in his "Dougie" scheduled, bonus oriented 20 wins. That is nice.
I'll give him credit for that. We still need some a few more top 75 road games / top 35 home games on our schedule to seriously contend for at large under this system.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT