ADVERTISEMENT

Temple Game Thread

Left at the start of q4. Illness on the home front was the perfect excuse.

I’m pretty sure I saw one of you older grumpy guys sulking in handicapped section (didn’t look handicapped), thumbing through this thread (presumably) while yelling for hefley to throw the ball... Hefley then proceeding to throw an interception that was returned back to the 2 yard line. It was comical.

I’m pretty sure I saw one of you older grumpy guys sulking in handicapped section (didn’t look handicapped), thumbing through this thread (presumably) while yelling for hefley to throw the ball... Hefley then proceeding to throw an interception that was returned back to the 2 yard line. It was comical.

Still in my 20s so couldn’t have been me. 06 doesn’t go anywhere without his mom so probably not him either

A year ago, Hogville.net overwhelmingly felt they could get Monty if they fired their coach. Now they have fired him and Gus and Norvell are the top picks. Monty fell off the top rung of the ladder nationally and is hanging on near the bottom of “most desired “ young coaches.

A year ago, Hogville.net overwhelmingly felt they could get Monty if they fired their coach. Now they have fired him and Gus and Norvell are the top picks. Monty fell off the top rung of the ladder nationally and is hanging on near the bottom of “most desired “ young coaches.

Montgomery's stock has dropped like a "pump and dump," His new goal is to preserve the job he has. He'll need to overhaul his staff and rejuvenate the recruiting process. He needs to prove to the TU faithful that he really isn't Keith Burns.

Gus to Arky sounds like the old patented "trade down to get out of town before they fire you" moves that Haith is so expert at. Which would be fine but I suspect Gus has coached himself out of the line of fire. I can't imagine why you'd go to Arky over Auburn, where you have a much better chance of winning. Unless he just really wants to be home.

Exactly. The single wing on 3rd and 1 was an awful play call. That should have been a 2nd down call. We were down 11 at the time, coming off a D stop. We had the momentum and the game is still in reach. Screw up a couple of play calls and bam, game is over.
Gus saving his job, 5 to go 26-14 Auburn up.
I still think Arkansas is going to throw him Fayetteville and ry to get him to come home. It would be hard leaving the Plains after this season though and I bet Auburn is going to throw a high $ extension at Gus now.

Gus to Arky sounds like the old patented "trade down to get out of town before they fire you" moves that Haith is so expert at. Which would be fine but I suspect Gus has coached himself out of the line of fire. I can't imagine why you'd go to Arky over Auburn, where you have a much better chance of winning. Unless he just really wants to be home.
The silly thing is if Auburn had lost today they’d be 9-3 on the season with a win over a #1 team during the season and the highest of dollar donors would be calling for Gus’ head which is ridiculous. Gus can win 9 games every season but if he doesn’t beat Alabama they want him gone. That’s what he’d be trying to escape. IMO, Gus’ record at Auburn and beating Bama a couple of times PLUS a national championship, he deserves to stay as long as he wants.

Family board Herc. I know you're upset but don't stoop to Grad's level. It looks like he went trolling and caught the fish he was after.

Eh someone needed to say it. That guy is a disease on this board... lives in his moms basement playing star wars online games all day... then comes here once a week and acts like a know it all sports guru. You can tell the dude hasn’t played sports in his entire life and doesn’t even come to TU games anyway...

There are 3-4 morons here just like him (maybe not quite his level, but close) and it just gets really old.

The silly thing is if Auburn had lost today they’d be 9-3 on the season with a win over a #1 team during the season and the highest of dollar donors would be calling for Gus’ head which is ridiculous. Gus can win 9 games every season but if he doesn’t beat Alabama they want him gone. That’s what he’d be trying to escape. IMO, Gus’ record at Auburn and beating Bama a couple of times PLUS a national championship, he deserves to stay as long as he wants.
You'll have that at any top tier school. Arky has lower expectations but also a lower ceiling. Does he want less pressure or does he want a serious chance to compete for national titles on a somewhat regular basis? That's the decision he faces.

I heard his real dream job was Houston, thinks it's the best job in the country, and he was really working to get it but when he realized Applewhite wasn't going anywhere he started focusing on Auburn again which is why they're doing better. But he'll always dream of the short period where he thought he had finally reached the pinnacle of his field.

Eh someone needed to say it. That guy is a disease on this board... lives in his moms basement playing star wars online games all day... then comes here once a week and acts like a know it all sports guru. You can tell the dude hasn’t played sports in his entire life and doesn’t even come to TU games anyway...

There are 3-4 morons here just like him (maybe not quite his level, but close) and it just gets really old.

I know who you're talking about. Fortunately, the idiots eventually disappear while the good fans stick around. Bigzit is an anomaly though and we can't seem to rid ourselves of his nonsense. He's been pulling this stuff since we were on AZ's boards.

I know who you're talking about. Fortunately, the idiots eventually disappear while the good fans stick around. Bigzit is an anomaly though and we can't seem to rid ourselves of his nonsense. He's been pulling this stuff since we were on AZ's boards.
Had no clue he had been a pain in the butt for that long. Thanks for circuitously letting me know he won't ever leave the board.

Very painful to see TU skid downhill so far, so fast. I've held judgement on the coaching
staff to let the season play out. With the lack of real D1 talent you can not use these players
the same way in this system. This is not a plug and play like Navy. As vanilla as our
offense is the quarterback has to be able to execute or escape with their legs. Felt sorry for
Hefley. He had no chance. The game was much too fast for him. They should of designed
some roll out passes for him so he could try to see the field better and get his juices going.
Kudo's to Brewer that is the only Kudo I have after this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: TUGrad06
Had no clue he had been a pain in the butt for that long. Thanks for circuitously letting me know he won't ever leave the board.

He called himself TULSAFAN back in the day. I just wish he would act like one.

The name may change but the song remains the same. He's not going anywhere.

He called himself TULSAFAN back in the day. I just wish he would act like one.

The name may change but the song remains the same. He's not going anywhere.
The amusing thing is he's an attorney. Such immaturity, would hate to have him as my lawyer.

The amusing thing is he's an attorney. Such immaturity, would hate to have him as my lawyer.
Internet board persona does not equal real life persona. I'm actually a really nice, fun guy in person. ;)

I love everyone on here and would probably have very fun, constructive talks irl. I still want Monty fired though, and I think that's pretty constructive given his inability to even play the best QB on the team (skipper) or make improvements over the last 3 months. Can't wait til next year!

Although I have been at this for going on 20 years it is hard to remember all the screen names. Nevada, L'il Eric, and Weatherdemon are a few good ones that to back. I rarely remember trolls though.

Although I have been at this for going on 20 years it is hard to remember all the screen names. Nevada, L'il Eric, and Weatherdemon are a few good ones that to back. I rarely remember trolls though.

You can usually spot the trolls by new user ID, low post count and constant complaining. They eventually leave though.

GH2 didn't like it, but that's why I used to give Pats Fan such a hard time. He meets all of the troll criteria. I just call them like I see them.

You can usually spot the trolls by new user ID, low post count and constant complaining. They eventually leave though.

GH2 didn't like it, but that's why I used to give Pats Fan such a hard time. He meets all of the troll criteria. I just call them like I see them.

Haha I know patsfan personally - he’s a good fan, just goes a little overboard sometimes. Just don’t get him started on the pats or thunder though... all bets are off then.

He's bad(uses "stfu" a lot), he's cool(uses "tool" a lot), he's hard-core, slams "negativity" whenever he thinks he finds it. However, with a pot full of "likes" & on this board for almost a whole year, Patsfan certainly qualifies as the final arbiter of acceptable commentary.

Haha I know patsfan personally - he’s a good fan, just goes a little overboard sometimes. Just don’t get him started on the pats or thunder though... all bets are off then.

Maybe so, but his overuse of all caps as an attempted form of intimidation while pretending that this board is his own personal domain won't fly with me. His fondness for the King of Queens is cute though.

As Steve Martin said on his way to the rental car counter, "You're messing with the wrong guy".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT