ADVERTISEMENT

T.U. Santa Christmas List

Oak775

I.T.S. Sophomore
Gold Member
May 31, 2020
1. Coaches that know Texas like the back of their hand.
2. A couple of under the radar Juco players.
3. Two super senior lineman. One for each side of the ball.
4. A portal linebacker that’s tougher than battery acid and mean as a snake.
5. A portal D lineman that’s been buried on a power 5 depth chart that’s ready to step up.
6. That zero star “diamond in the rough” high school player that’s an outlier.

A city leader and a T.U. leader, Rick Dickson, that want to collaborate with like minded people in the city for an indoor arena for a variety of sports, including a place for T.U. Football to practice indoors.

Last edited:
I honestly think having watched both he and Zaven play, that Swiss Army knife diamond-in-the-rough player is waiting just about 60 miles west, down HWY 33.

Reactions: Oak775
Yes, Camden Crooks. I know I seem like I am pushing for him, but he has some of the versatility Zaven had at Hominy. I am in no way saying they are/aren't comparable beyond that, but speed+strength+adaptability is always a mix that seems to have potential. I remember being excited watching Zaven bloom on the defensive side of the ball for us after watching him in HS. I am with Crooks as I am with a few others throughout the state, I feel he has a shot to be a special guy --- I would rather it be us than some other school that benefits from trying to cultivate that.

Reactions: Oak775 and kcarzoli
1. Coaches that know Texas like the back of their hand.
2. A couple of under the radar Juco players.
3. Two super senior lineman. One for each side of the ball.
4. A portal linebacker that’s tougher than battery acid and mean as a snake.
5. A portal D lineman that’s been buried on a power 5 depth chart that’s ready to step up.
6. That zero star “diamond in the rough” high school player that’s an outlier.

A city leader and a T.U. leader, Rick Dickson, that want to collaborate with like minded people in the city for an indoor arena for a variety of sports, including a place for T.U. Football to practice indoors.
While I don’t disagree with you to a point, what is your fascination with Texas?

While Texas has many football players each year, we should also be recruiting the future Zavens as well.

While Texas has many football players each year, we should also be recruiting the future Zavens as well.
There’s more Zavens in Texas than in Oklahoma. It’s just simply the law of large numbers. Do the statistical work. The probability of the event.

There’s more Zavens in Texas than in Oklahoma. It’s just simply the law of large numbers. Do the statistical work. The probability of the event.
I think you missed his point. Recruiting some of the overlooked players in Oklahoma has worked out for us in the past in both football and basketball and they turned into real gems for us.

And every other program in the nation understands this, and recruits accordingly.

If you are one of the big 4, OU, OSU, TU or Arkansas you’ll have the appropriate number of staff for the areas.

With that said, regarding Texas or Oklahoma.

Thoughts:

1. No matter who you are whether you’re Glenn Dobbs, John Cooper, F.A. Dry, Todd Graham, or Steve Kragthorpe. You have to be successful in recruiting Texas.
2. If you hire assistants that have little to no experience recruiting in Texas, or Oklahoma, anywhere, it’s going to be a long tough day. Moreover, when your chasing players after the first harvest, December signing date, and you have no idea where Temple, Tyler, or where Lawton is it’s going to be a less than bountiful harvest. Your basket is not going to be very good.

Will Rogers says it best. “If you don’t know where you’re go’in any road will get you there.”

Reactions: Okietch51
Texas is important but our best teams had either lots of successful Oklahoma kids or Pennsylvania kids see 70 thro 90 or so... wherever u can get one get em...portal has been only slight negative so far...have to have a good QB in our league to be 500 if u have more u can challenge that is group of 5 football in a nutshell

Reactions: TU 1978
Texas is important but our best teams had either lots of successful Oklahoma kids or Pennsylvania kids see 70 thro 90 or so... wherever u can get one get em...portal has been only slight negative so far...have to have a good QB in our league to be 500 if u have more u can challenge that is group of 5 football in a nutshell
Tony Lissio from the mid-60’s was a great Pennsylvania find. He later played for the Cowboys in the NFL. Bob Junko, a great TU coach, was a highly regarded recruiter and well known in Pennsylvania. He was the gold standard.

The Pennsylvania pipeline could not be sustained. Too far.

Tony Lissio from the mid-60’s was a great Pennsylvania find. He later played for the Cowboys in the NFL. Bob Junko, a great TU coach, was a highly regarded recruiter and well known in Pennsylvania. He was the gold standard.

I'm guessing Wilson & anybody he brings from OSU will know Pennsylvania.

Reactions: TU 1978
I remember Junko from his days playing at TU.

You’re saying the PA pipeline could not be sustained around the time we had a PA TU player (Gus Frerotte) in the NFL.

I remember Junko from his days playing at TU.

You’re saying the PA pipeline could not be sustained around the time we had a PA TU player (Gus Frerotte) in the NFL.
Look at the current TU roster.

“Your honor, no further questions. I rest my case.”

Sometimes we get some good ones from Canada. Try hard to find an OK player with upside and develop him!

you know what was neat while it lasted? the trickle of players that came from Nebraska. i thought that was cool

Reactions: Oak775
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT