ADVERTISEMENT

Summer Position Analysis - TU Running Backs

Not encouraged by the wording used about Warren. Too bad. Kid has a ton of talent.

I know Monty probably would love to RS Wilkerson, but that kid is the real deal. It's probably not in the offense, but you could throw President in with Shamari and Wilkerson split in the backfield and run some seriously crazy options with those 3.

TKW reminds me of a cross between Charles Clay & Tarrion Adams in body style. And film shows he can catch it, too. If he's half as good as those two, we have a star in the making. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

TKW reminds me of a cross between Charles Clay & Tarrion Adams in body style. And film shows he can catch it, too. If he's half as good as those two, we have a star in the making. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

The kid certainly has a shot to be big time and he has the frame to add additional bulk.

Wilkerson looks like a big runner that can both take hits and be elusive, but he seems to be lacking some breakaway speed, especially at our level. (Just basing this off of his HUDL highlights. He busted through gaps or powered through arm tackles only to get chased down)

He'll still be a valuable asset next season if we have to look to him though.

Wilkerson looks like a big runner that can both take hits and be elusive, but he seems to be lacking some breakaway speed, especially at our level. (Just basing this off of his HUDL highlights. He busted through gaps or powered through arm tackles only to get chased down)

Plenty of people made these same comments about Mike Gaddis. Our in our case, Zach Langer had the same trouble, was never a feature back, but performed his situations well. Figuring out the running game isn’t this coaching staff’s problem.

Plenty of people made these same comments about Mike Gaddis. Our in our case, Zach Langer had the same trouble, was never a feature back, but performed his situations well. Figuring out the running game isn’t this coaching staff’s problem.
Agree completely. I always loved Langer (even early on in his career). I could certainly see this kid being a better Langer and that's nothing to sneeze at.

If he, or any of our backs, can average five or six yards when they get touches I'll be delighted. Second and third and short really open the playbook up. That's how you put together drives and keep suspect defenses on the sideline.

Reactions: astonmartin708
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT