ADVERTISEMENT

Style of play

Nice thread, thanks everyone for your insight. Makes me excited for bb season.

Just my .02, I think Haith’s defense was so complicated to learn that players ended up thinking too much instead of just playing. Running primarily a man defense allows players to do what comes most naturally. And I‘m a firm believer that good D leads to good transition offense. So I would expect those most athletic players will thrive in Konk’s system.
This is why I'm excited for Big K. He seems to be able to get up and down the floor pretty well.

Reactions: TU 1978
This is why I'm excited for Big K. He seems to be able to get up and down the floor pretty well.
Yes, and he will most certainly be the first game starter and beyond.
I would be surprised if he lost that position during the first half of
the season....

I wonder who the primary backup will be....Selebangue really needed
the early summer work he missed by having to get the extra hours
from his Juco, but Chukwu needs to get more offensively minded...
He has the size and build to get it done on the defensive end and
the boards.......

Last edited:
I anticipate the team being significantly more fun to watch than the last 4 or 5 years were, that we lose quite a few games, but also surprise teams and pull out big upsets.

The players will either really like playing Konkol’s aggressive style of defense or not play much because they don’t put in the effort required for it. It won’t be like Haith’s defense requiring all 5 players to be on the same page.

I’m really excited to see Pritchard, Griffin, Dalger, Chapman, and Special K after spending 6-7 months learning Konkol’s play style and an additional year of S&C.

Should be a fun season, I’m not expecting post-season this year but I am looking forward to seeing Tulsa players in a style of play more similar to what I grew up envisioning as “Tulsa basketball.”

Just a breath of fresh air with excitement from coaches, players and fans. I just hope the fair weather fans don't expect too much too soon and just enjoy the improved game atmosphere and appreciate the effort given.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT