ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game Report -- A look at the Offense (Larry Lewis) -- FREE content

Can't add much to Mr. Lewis' recap but I'll try: Luke Skipper throws a beautiful deep ball. I believe he would have completed 2 or 3 long bombs without the stiff south wind, particularly those with the wind. Not to mention his mobility in the pocket under pressure which was at least as good as the President. So............! Enough has been said about the formidable running game. You just hope that Ramadi Warren passes those summer school courses(for12 hours credit) to boost GPA & become eligible for the fall. He is a load with quickness & moves & will be a star. The O-line opened some huge holes against the 2nd team D. There are some very big dudes on the line and in reserve, Brett Bielema huge & we're deep there. Wide receiver doesn't really concern me with Louie, Johnson, Hobbs, J. Anderson & yes, even Nigel had a couple of shorties.

On D, Suits & a kid named Treyvon Reeves were very active at LB. Robert Revels is a stud. It will be great to see Petera Wilson start & play the whole game instead of just spot duty. We look fine there. Shindelar & J. Smith look bigger and badder than last year. #8 was un-blockable against 2nd team O-line.
Manny Bunch at safety & Shemarr Robinson at tackle will be stars. Can't say much about the corners with Hill & Robinson hurt & not playing, although Wadley, Norris & Kerwin Thomas seemed to cover the deep throws well.

Just hope that freshman Skipper pulls a T.J. Rubley & throws for about 350 in Stoolwater. At least the Pokes won't have a guy named Sanders going off for 5 against us. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

That makes me real nervous.

12 hours in the summer of University of Tulsa courses and the summer workout schedule will be a daunting task. Hopefully the young man has had his wake up call and is up to the challenge and a challenge it will be....

Reactions: Larry Lewis
Lets hope Warren isn't taking Statistics or anything too difficult. Taking 12 hours of summer school at TU could be brutal.

I was very impressed with Skipper.

Thanks chito_and-leon. I always appreciate everyone's kind comments about my articles. I've missed very few home games in football and basketball since the Drew Pearson and Dana Lewis days, so writing about TU sports is something I really enjoy.

My understanding is that Whitfield will move back to safety when Cannon is healthy. But maybe it was an experiment to see if he can handle the position.

12 hours in the summer seems a little extreme. Hope Warren has good tutors. I took six hours of summer school at TU back in the old days, and that wasn't easy. Especially if I couldn't write all my papers on the history of football attendance at TU (which I did in a Marketing class).

My understanding is that Whitfield will move back to safety when Cannon is healthy. But maybe it was an experiment to see if he can handle the position.

12 hours in the summer seems a little extreme. Hope Warren has good tutors. I took six hours of summer school at TU back in the old days, and that wasn't easy. Especially if I couldn't write all my papers on the history of football attendance at TU (which I did in a Marketing class).
If I remember correctly, each summer term is 6 weeks and 3 hours (1 class essentially) is what most students would take in each session.

If I remember correctly, each summer term is 6 weeks and 3 hours (1 class essentially) is what most students would take in each session.
Two classes per term would be annoying, but not impossible depending on what they are. Per Warren's Tulsa profile, he's majoring in organizational studies, which shares a lot of classes with the marketing / communications majors. As long as he's got good tutors, and we have someone making sure that he's making it to class in the mornings, he should be ok.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT