ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of Gragg...

Gmoney4WW

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
Reminds me that Haith is taking a bit of a long time to name a replacement for Wainwright.

Was Wainwright considered part of the “regular” staff, or did he have a consultant position outside of the group of assistants?

Didn't even know Wainwright left?
Check the Basketball roster on the TU athletic site. I was thinking it had been longer ago though. He disappeared from the coaches listed in late July. Seems like it was a couple months ago, and it has only been 3+ weeks. My how time stands still, with athletics in limbo.

Check the Basketball roster on the TU athletic site. I was thinking it had been longer ago though. He disappeared from the coaches listed in late July. Seems like it was a couple months ago, and it has only been 3+ weeks. My how time stands still, with athletics in limbo.
I mean, the dude was like 95 years (/s) old and we are dealing with Covid.

Guess we're not wanting to pay someone with basketball still in limbo & the financial state of the university. But basketball season is only three months down the line, if it is not canceled/suspended. Don't expect they can put it off more than a month or so, unless the season is actually delayed/canceled between now and then.

Guess we're not wanting to pay someone with basketball still in limbo & the financial state of the university. But basketball season is only three months down the line, if it is not canceled/suspended. Don't expect they can put it off more than a month or so, unless the season is actually delayed/canceled between now and then.
I would look at bringing in a guy like Tim Peete. After helping us to the NCAA's in 2014 he went on to be a Grad Assistant at NC Greensboro when they went to the NIT and the NCAAT. He then was an assistant for 2 years under a top NJCAA coach in Brendan Folley at Chipolla JC in Florida. Seems like a guy we could get for a bargain and who's gonna work hard and could help us continue to develop on defense since he was always a defensive oriented guard. Might give us an inroads to recruit Memphis when Penny falls flat on his face as well.

Of course we will almost assuredly look at someone from Haith's more distant past / coaching circle who knows a lot about the matchup zone we've been running.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT