ADVERTISEMENT

Softball 5 -1 vs Ole Miss

TU still always gets stuck in OU's regional...Let's hope the renewed focus carries through the weekend.

In the 4 team double elimination format, getting any of the Top 16 host teams to stumble twice in the same weekend is a tough task, but no we didn’t get any favors. It’s a tough bracket, but the good side is there should be better coverage!

Old Miss is 39-20 overall and 11-13 in the very tough SEC
Common opponents they lost to Oklahoma State twice 9-6 and 8-6 (Tulsa split 8-0 and 0-1) and beat with Arkansas 10-7,7-2 and 6-5 (Tulsa split 4-3 and 1-4)

Wichita State (35-19 overall and 18-6 in Missouri Valley) beat us twice 3-11 and 5-7

Oklahoma (47-7 overall and 17-1 in Big 12) is on a 22 game win streak including beating Tulsa 1-4.

Too many popups. Ump was calling way inside strikes for the right handers, the girls did get smart to the way he was calling but failed to adjust in the batters box with their stance backing out a bit. They did hit a lot of hard foul balls that they just couldn't straighten out being jammed. Got a tough game against Witchita St. Hoping for an Ole Miss rematch.

With the end of High School ball and startup of Club Ball (and fiscal year tax filings) I was not able to keep up with Tulsa as much as I would have liked this last couple of weekends.

Tulsa lost to Ole Miss 5-1, then lost to Wichita State 2-1 to end their season.

I would say it was a successful season. They beat several teams they weren’t supposed to, and had a nice run through the conference tournament. Of course lost several games, that should have won. I had pitching as a question mark at the beginning of the season, but Caitlin Sill stepped up and proved me wrong. Emily Watson, and Lexi Blevins should have gained a lot of experience, and hopefully will be able to carry that to next year.

I don’t know why it took me so long to figure out that was Jill Barrett doing the Twitter posts. That was fun.

Of our conference teams UCF, went 2-2 in the #1 Florida bracket and USF was 1-2 in the #8 Florida State bracket.

Only 2 teams of the top 16 host teams (9 Kentucky /13 Tennessee) did not advance, and only 1 other (16 Georgia) even lost a game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT