ADVERTISEMENT

SMU Game in Dallas

Tu Geo

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2003
It was a very warm evening in Dallas no breeze at all, it was such an exciting game to see Tulsa just push SMU around for 2 1/2 quarters, dare I say almost a dominating performance.

Then after eight attempts( due to a pass interference call) from inside the five yard line SMU punches in the TD to make it 30-16.

From that point on I had a horrible feeling SMU was going to take the game to OT.

Too bad because Tulsa had a really good contingent of fans at the game in Dallas.

Many of us at the game can't tell you how bad we felt for the players. Just a piss poor performance by the coaching staff.

In the 2 OT if you're just playing for a field goal and you are going to run (Pound) the ball then maybe bring in Wilkerson.

SMU fans showed up, largest crowd I have ever seen at an SMU game. I've been down to Dallas several times thru the years.

Really disappointing.

GO TU!!!!

Reactions: O-linemanrule
It was a very warm evening in Dallas no breeze at all, it was such an exciting game to see Tulsa just push SMU around for 2 1/2 quarters, dare I say almost a dominating performance.

Then after eight attempts( due to a pass interference call) from inside the five yard line SMU punches in the TD to make it 30-16.

From that point on I had a horrible feeling SMU was going to take the game to OT.

Too bad because Tulsa had a really good contingent of fans at the game in Dallas.

Many of us at the game can't tell you how bad we felt for the players. Just a piss poor performance by the coaching staff.

In the 2 OT if you're just playing for a field goal and you are going to run (Pound) the ball then maybe bring in Wilkerson.

SMU fans showed up, largest crowd I have ever seen at an SMU game. I've been down to Dallas several times thru the years.

Really disappointing.

GO TU!!!!
SMU would have been finished with one more score of any kind at 30-9. TU was scorching then with it’s passing game and then “IT” happened ... the old one yard runs up the gut on first and second down. Play conservative when the O-Line was not getting any push and we gave them hope . This offensive line is a work in progress so quit being hard headed when the holes are not there .
Not a single pass to the tight end nor one to a running back ...ever heard of a delayed screen pass ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT