ADVERTISEMENT

@ SMU 10/28 11 am

Fly down early for a long weekend or stay home
Last time to see TU beat the slutty Ponies for a while

Reactions: TU 1978
I love the smell of roasted pony in the morning … smells like … victory. Some day this conference is gonna end.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Hmmm .. wifes gonna be in Beantown .....11 am game...and 3pm Sazeracs at Pappadeaux.. later on catch the SMU pom squad in action at Spearmint Rhino or XTC...

Gonna miss this matchup...

Reactions: HuffyCane
Almost 30 years now with just a couple years break as I recall.
We’ve won 6 of the last 9 over SMU so even Monty had good luck vs the ponies. You would have to go back to Todd Graham for our last coach with a losing record against them.

Reactions: TulsaAM
We’ve won 6 of the last 9 over SMU so even Monty had good luck vs the ponies. You would have to go back to Todd Graham for our last coach with a losing record against them.
We had a long run of losses with them a couple of decades ago.

Well, not just against them I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: TulsaAM
Graham could and should have won a few more but always seem to go spastic against Pony with aggressive play calling trying to prove a point and the wheels would come off. Happens when you blitz 60 times a game or play a 200 lbs nose guard I guess.

The win in the high school field on the SMU practice campus before the league changes secured the bowl bid and then win in Anaheim.
I was there in yes a bleacher on the side opposite the high school side. The weather was horribly cold and it was a tough game but TU prevailed.

Lots of upsets in this last of the series. Don’t expect that but this is why they play the game. It will be super cool if TU flips the script. I have ultimate respect for SMU the university, the great Bush W Library ( without any reference to how I felt about his tenure), the amazing Meadows art gallery (a must), and their cool stadium. But I detest the SMU athletic department cheaters who do it over and over again.

The Café at the library is excellent and Mrs Bush can be regularly found seated there with friends, alone with a book, or chatting with staff. W is known for simply showing up,,wholly unannounced with my minimal security, at basketball and football games or walking into a lecture and sitting in the back. IDGAF appears to be his motto.

They seem to be enjoying retirement.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
The win in the high school field on the SMU practice campus before the league changes secured the bowl bid and then win in Anaheim.
I was there in yes a bleacher on the side opposite the high school side. The weather was horribly cold and it was a tough game but TU prevailed.
I was there as well. That game was much closer than expected.

Yes the cafe is lovely. I saw an exhibition of First Ladies that was non partisan and had a respectful HRC video which Laura commented on respectfully.
A different era

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT