ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day Eval Time

Was it Isaiah Bean that committed to Kansas because Coach Thibs was recruiting him there? Wonder what he's thinking now that Thibs has gone to Sooner Land to be their DL coach.

He'd tap his shoes together, but he's probably wanting to get out of Kansas.
I doubt it. kids pick bigger schools bc they want to be at a bigger school. Kansas sucks so he will get a chance to play early. I know some fans want to think that we can offer more to a kid than Kansas right now be the honest truth is WE CANT.

Reactions: jerandlaur
I doubt it. kids pick bigger schools bc they want to be at a bigger school. Kansas sucks so he will get a chance to play early. I know some fans want to think that we can offer more to a kid than Kansas right now be the honest truth is WE CANT.
We can offer 1) Better academic environment 2) Actual football wins and a chance to play in a bowl game.

We can offer 1)
Better academic environment 2) Actual football wins and a chance to play in a bowl game.
Yes we can....The thing that the big State schools can offer that we can't are more
social opportunities......That's important to some young men, to others it isn't.....

This years recruiting class is a major step up over the last few years. 6 wins and a bowl game
helped. Next year get 8 and recruiting goes up again. Get to 10 wins and we are back, recruiting
will be bringing in the type of student athletes that will play for conference championships!

Hurricane Monty has a progressive game plan for recruiting and I trust him and the staff to make it
happen.
No question about the 2017 recruiting class being really important....Monty&Co. will have
established their contact areas, and we should have a reasonably good season to recruit
through.....

Hopefully, this year's class includes several players that were under-rated, and have more
potential than expected, but the 2017 class needs to include more highly valued players....
If not, it will be hard to break away from the 'middle of the pack' group in our conference....
The quality of coaching in the AAC keeps improving, and it will be harder and harder to
win too much more than your level of talent.....

No question about the 2017 recruiting class being really important....Monty&Co. will have
established their contact areas, and we should have a reasonably good season to recruit
through.....

Hopefully, this year's class includes several players that were under-rated, and have more
potential than expected, but the 2017 class needs to include more highly valued players....
If not, it will be hard to break away from the 'middle of the pack' group in our conference....
The quality of coaching in the AAC keeps improving, and it will be harder and harder to
win too much more than your level of talent.....
More offers out to 2017 Jr.'s than I've ever seen since forever. And many of them are 3 & 4 star potential. Wouldn't surprise me to bag one of the top recruiting classes in the league next year. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

we are trying to be Baylor??? seems like we will recruit to what they have been good at over the years.

OLine, QBs, and WRs will get us there.

if we are molding ourselves after Baylor, then little to care about D. This class was an exact reflection of what we went after…linemen.

Is it ironic or symbolic or irrelevant that Baylor had its best class in a long time the year after we take both coordinators?

I do think the two young staff guys Monty brought in recently were brought in for one main reason: to recruit. Should see an improvement

We need to get into defensive line and CB help early in the recruiting process. This year we may have to recruit defensive line help at junior college level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT