ADVERTISEMENT

Signee Feature: Atson will bring toughness to TU

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
6-foot-6 wing Travis Atson, who signed with Tulsa last week, is a Brooklyn native who will bring his New York toughness to the TU squad, and he plans to make an immediate impact.
[
4109.gif
details]

Hopefully, he will be a Jarius Glenn type player. One of those that just puts fear into the opponents. To this day he is still my favorite TU basketball player. I just loved his energy and his toughness. He just looked at the opposing player and the guy would hand over the ball with an apology for touching Mr. Glenn's basketball.

Hopefully, he will be a Jarius Glenn type player. One of those that just puts fear into the opponents. To this day he is still my favorite TU basketball player. I just loved his energy and his toughness. He just looked at the opposing player and the guy would hand over the ball with an apology for touching Mr. Glenn's basketball.

Unforunately, he got placed on some :crap: teams. Good lord, if we had him to fill out this team.

He'd be another guy who can't shoot? I always thought Jarius would have been perfect for Woj or Manning. This team needs a Shelton.

Glenn & Shelton were great but give me another Eric Coley. Monster jaw-dropping jams, toughness that said"stay away from me or else" & a scowl that caused opponents' gone-ads to shrivel.

Glenn & Shelton were great but give me another Eric Coley. Monster jaw-dropping jams, toughness that said"stay away from me or else" & a scowl that caused opponents' gone-ads to shrivel.

Coley was a once in a generation type player. There are few players I've seen who come close, and none of them are in the college ranks. The only comparison I could make would be Jimmy Butler, but he has a slightly better offensive game than Coley, and that's after several years in the NBA

I'll take a mean-streak, elbows-throwing, good-for-10-garbage-points, bangs-around-with-guys-couple-inches-taller every season since Shelton finished his tenure here.

Coley staring down the entire Cincy team at halfcourt before we beat their a$$ in the tourney is one of my all-time fav TU Bball moments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT