ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting at Choctaw football game

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Jun 21, 2017
What a screwed up world we live in , you can’t even enjoy a highschool football game anymore without having to worry if some nutcase is going to try and start shooting up the place

If only more of the children had been armed.... we could have seen a real shootout rather than one on the field!

/sarcasm in anger to prove a point.

Anyone who argues the answer to gun violence is continued easy access to guns is sadistic, and anyone who is willing to simply ignore the problem is a sociopath.

If only more of the children had been armed.... we could have seen a real shootout rather than one on the field!

/sarcasm in anger to prove a point.

Anyone who argues the answer to gun violence is continued easy access to guns is sadistic, and anyone who is willing to simply ignore the problem is a sociopath.
Ya it’s a pretty screwed up thing , i really don’t know if there is a perfect solution to stopping shootings , I’m afraid it’s just the times we live in now , mental health in America is horrible

This has been a problem in other states (Texas) as well.

Gun Control.

What new law would keep this from happening.?
I don’t know…. You seemed fine imposing more laws to stop abortion… why weren't you arguing that women would still get abortions so no law should be made?

Reactions: watu05
We’re talking about a kid who brought a gun onto school property. Not sure additional laws are the answer here. He obviously didn’t care about the one on the books.

Reactions: TULSARISING
We’re talking about a kid who brought a gun onto school property. Not sure additional laws are the answer here. He obviously didn’t care about the one on the books.
Additional laws wouldn’t have made a difference. Laws regarding possession of firearms near schools, at sporting events, or in stadiums/arenas hosting events can’t be much clearer. The perp clearly didn’t care so the only preventative measure that could have helped was better security measures regarding entry.

Last edited:
Additional laws wouldn’t have made a difference. Laws regarding possession of firearms near schools, at sporting events, or in stadiums/arenas hosting events can’t be much clearer. The perp clearly didn’t care so the only preventative measure that could have helped was better security measures regarding entry.
This is false.

This is why you put the parents in jail..

What a screwed up world we live in , you can’t even enjoy a highschool football game anymore without having to worry if some nutcase is going to try and start shooting up the place
It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.. it appears to be gang or family related (not a random nut case) .. the victim was from Mid-West City High, Not Del City High.. a cheerleader was involved and a 42 yr old man... there were hundreds of witnesses on the Del City side but, no one seems to have seen anything ( could be more news as i write this?)...

If it was a dispute between minors then how did the minor get the weapon? Which brings me back to my belief that if your Minor child commits a gun crime the you, the parent, get to do the time.

This is false.
Please elaborate. Are you suggesting laws that would allow for the confiscation of every last firearm, 300+ million in the US?

Sorry, but there are too many of us that embrace our 2nd amendment right to bear arms. Mind you, I have proper training and my firearms and ammunition are secured properly. My mental health is good and I was raised with a high regard for human life.

Requiring training, mental health evaluation, and security of firearms is something most would get behind. Holding firearm owners responsible for the memebers of the household where weapons that aren't properly secured, as a number of shootings are done with the firearms of parents that should have an idea that their kid has no business having access. It however would not prevent criminals that have little regard for life from illegally obtaining firearms through theft or illegal street deals and doing as they’ve always done.

Reactions: TULSARISING
It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.. it appears to be gang or family related (not a random nut case) .. the victim was from Mid-West City High, Not Del City High.. a cheerleader was involved and a 42 yr old man... there were hundreds of witnesses on the Del City side but, no one seems to have seen anything ( could be more news as i write this?)...

If it was a dispute between minors then how did the minor get the weapon? Which brings me back to my belief that if your Minor child commits a gun crime the you, the parent, get to do the time.
My money is on some fairly good quality CCTV footage being available if they are setup like most Tulsa area schools.

Reactions: noble cane
A significant portion of these kids only have one parent in the household. Not sure this is feasible given a number of factors.
Did I say one parent? I said both..absent dead beat dads included.

Last edited:
God Aston cracks me up. “Anyone who disagrees with me is a sadist or a sociopath! I win!”

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
So what do we do with their siblings ? Aren’t we making the lack of supervision problem even worse ?
For a while, maybe.

You would argue that being in social services is worse than being with absentee parents that allow their armed offspring to kill at will?.

Can’t speak for Oklahoma but in Florida most auto burglaries resulting in the theft of a firearm from the glove or console are committed by juveniles. And increasingly, organized bands of juveniles typically going house to house in stolen cars.

Please elaborate. Are you suggesting laws that would allow for the confiscation of every last firearm, 300+ million in the US?

Sorry, but there are too many of us that embrace our 2nd amendment right to bear arms. Mind you, I have proper training and my firearms and ammunition are secured properly. My mental health is good and I was raised with a high regard for human life.

Requiring training, mental health evaluation, and security of firearms is something most would get behind. Holding firearm owners responsible for the memebers of the household where weapons that aren't properly secured, as a number of shootings are done with the firearms of parents that should have an idea that their kid has no business having access. It however would not prevent criminals that have little regard for life from illegally obtaining firearms through theft or illegal street deals and doing as they’ve always done.
I'm suggesting that any argument stating "x law wouldn't have done anything because criminals will still be criminals" is inherently a bad argument. I say that because it's an argument that would nullify the reason for ANY laws.

I honestly am tired of the "something most would get behind"... You are willing to compromise just as far as it doesn't mean reducing the actual amount of firearms available to the public which is the root of the problem.

I think a lot of this is the same idea as nuclear proliferation. The more firepower a perceived threat has, the more you feel like you need to deter them. The only problem is that at some point, we have let things get so far out of control, that one of our stray armaments or someone else's are likely to do harm to us or our loved ones.

Reactions: watu05
I'm suggesting that any argument stating "x law wouldn't have done anything because criminals will still be criminals" is inherently a bad argument. I say that because it's an argument that would nullify the reason for ANY laws.

I honestly am tired of the "something most would get behind"... You are willing to compromise just as far as it doesn't mean reducing the actual amount of firearms available to the public which is the root of the problem.

I think a lot of this is the same idea as nuclear proliferation. The more firepower a perceived threat has, the more you feel like you need to deter them. The only problem is that at some point, we have let things get so far out of control, that one of our stray armaments or someone else's are likely to do harm to us or our loved ones.
Why am I not surprised that Astro doesn't believe in Nuclear Deterrence. He wants to disarm the government & the public. It's kept us out of a defensive war for nearly 80 years, but throw caution to the wind. Let's be the first to submit. This is one of the reasons I'm a republican. Democrats are too much the flower children of yesterday & tomorrow. The navel gazers think you can stop people with just words.

One aspect of laws on the books is that they offer some a chance to think about the possibility of punishment for ill-advised actions and thus are a preventative measure. The criminally inclined will still perpetrate harm regardless and at that point are there to provide a path to consequences (another argument all-together).

I'm fully behind the idea of being responsible for maintaining control and security of weapons owned, but no, I'm not about reducing availability to responsible individuals. There are some very clear markers that indicate an individual should not have continued or new access to firearms. Not utilizing those indicators to me is the root of the problem.

Last edited:
Can’t speak for Oklahoma but in Florida most auto burglaries resulting in the theft of a firearm from the glove or console are committed by juveniles. And increasingly, organized bands of juveniles typically going house to house in stolen cars.
Happens a lot here in OK... my feeling is if you leave your firearm in an unlocked car or unsecured in a locked car ( they make lock boxes for cars that your average juvenile probably doesnt have the tools to crack) , then you serve time for the crime which your unsecured weapon was used. You were an accessory to whatever crime was committed.

Last edited:
Anyone else find it a bit odd that a person can shoot and kill a 16 year old in a football stadium in front of multiple witnesses and no arrest has been made? Heck…the suspect’s name hasn’t even been released.

Anyone else find it a bit odd that a person can shoot and kill a 16 year old in a football stadium in front of multiple witnesses and no arrest has been made? Heck…the suspect’s name hasn’t even been released.
Odd and quite surprising. Lot's of potential witnesses and I would assume CCTV footage from the school campus.

Snitches get stitches..

Odd and quite surprising. Lot's of potential witnesses and I would assume CCTV footage from the school campus.
I doubt that Choctaw has alot of cctv... they didnt have much in the way of security when my son played against them a few yrs ago..

Australia had one horrible school shooting and acted to restrict gun ownership and access. No school shootings since. Meanwhile in the US, we are setting records for mass shootings and school shootings have escalated. Yes, the situations are different, at least in population size and existing gun ownership, but the US is making zero progress making people safer as it continues to expand excuses for gun ownership. We all know the definition of insanity is continuing to the the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

Australia had one horrible school shooting and acted to restrict gun ownership and access. No school shootings since. Meanwhile in the US, we are setting records for mass shootings and school shootings have escalated. Yes, the situations are different, at least in population size and existing gun ownership, but the US is making zero progress making people safer as it continues to expand excuses for gun ownership. We all know the definition of insanity is continuing to the the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

Kinda like continuing to post the same thing over and over on a forum

I’m all for making everyone safer. I just haven’t heard a viable plan which gets the guns out of the hands of criminals and doesn’t create a new revenue stream for gangs and organized crime. The two guns involved in this shooting were being carried in violation of current laws and appear to have been obtained illegally as well.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT