ADVERTISEMENT

Seattle Dragons XFL

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
Watching the start of the Seattle Dragons first home game. They are starting a tradition of lighting an eternal flame to start the game. A little bit cheesy but I get that they are trying to start a tradition.

What was cool was that the first person to light it was Steve Largent. Announced him as having come from University of Tulsa. He is still beloved up there.

Week two, I am still really enjoying watching. Obviously not super polished, but teams are competing hard. I like the rule changes, and I’m happy there is none of the goofy Vince McMahon stuff of the past.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Week two, I am still really enjoying watching. Obviously not super polished, but teams are competing hard. I like the rule changes, and I’m happy there is none of the goofy Vince McMahon stuff of the past.
Watched the first half of the first game. Looks good. Will be much better next season. I like the league wide pooled ghost practice team idea that teams have to use to replace any injured players. Also like the idea of football teams having to lease soccer stadiums to get their games televised.

Watching the start of the Seattle Dragons first home game. They are starting a tradition of lighting an eternal flame to start the game. A little bit cheesy but I get that they are trying to start a tradition.

What was cool was that the first person to light it was Steve Largent. Announced him as having come from University of Tulsa. He is still beloved up there.

I actually ran into him & his wife at a Seahawk game this year in the team store during the saints game. I wasn't 100% at first it was him but it was. He was there for a seahawk legends deal at halftime. I introduced myself and told him I'm a TU season ticket holder and live in Tulsa. I asked him to sign my retro larget jersey I was wearing and he did. I was so star struck and wasn't expecting to see one of the greatest NFL players ever shopping for swag in the stadium store.

I actually ran into him & his wife at a Seahawk game this year in the team store during the saints game. I wasn't 100% at first it was him but it was. He was there for a seahawk legends deal at halftime. I introduced myself and told him I'm a TU season ticket holder and live in Tulsa. I asked him to sign my retro larget jersey I was wearing and he did. I was so star struck and wasn't expecting to see one of the greatest NFL players ever shopping for swag in the stadium store.
The fact he has to shop for the swag instead of the damn team just giving it to him whenever he calls and asks for some is pretty sad.

It's been fun watching the NFL 100 and the number of times his name pops up and is on the field during those ceremonies. It's also funny listening to kids who weren't born until 1990 argue why Terrel Owens should be on the NFL 100 list over guys like Largent and Raymond Berry. Everyone is about who was the latest greatest with no nod to the greats that paved the way. Berry was one of those all-time great WRs who was part of the passing revolution in the NFL in the 50s and 60s at a time when LBs and DBs would obliterate Wrs who came across the middle. Largent was an outlier in production. He avg. 16 ypr in his career. He was perhaps the best route runner in the history of the game (IMO, between him and Jerry Rice). And Largent did his damage with Jim Zorn and Dave Krieg as his QB. Berry did it with Johnny Unitas. Jerry Rice did it with Montana and Steve Young. Owens did it with Steve Young, Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb, and Tony Romo. Garcia was pretty damn good and the worst of the QBs on this list and he was still a lot better than Zorn and Krieg.

Dave Krieg is the greatest player to ever anoit the gridiron with his cleats.

I think the dragon on the side of the helmet is Trogdor the Burninator

7uwtcv3c1vh31.png

Credit where due: www.reddit.com/r/SeattleWA/comments/ctmes5/annnd_the_dragons_come_in_the_niiight

Reactions: TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT