ADVERTISEMENT

recruiting

In prior coaching changes the new staff reached out to the committed recruits to convince them to stay and in some situations let them know they're going in a different direction.

Usually a few recruits will decommit and some will recommit and others will leave. With the candidate names I've heard I think we have a good chance to keep the recruiting class intact.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Gragg said he will be speaking with them soon. Apparently he can "legally" text and email, but the families can call him.

Only a couple have offers from schools I would consider comparable to TU. The kid from Spiro is one of those.

Originally posted by aTUfan:
What happens to the commited recruits?

Are we starting over?
No, not starting over. I spoke to almost all of the commits yesterday, and I'll have a story soon. McKinley Whitfield has decommitted, but many are in wait-and-see mode. I'll have further details and quotes from most of them in the article.

Gragg has been getting in touch with the commits, and he said he wants to honor their commitments.

Losing some of these commitments might not be a bad thing considering the overall talent/skill level has dropped the last few recruiting classes. We defintely need more Tyrunn Walkers, Tyler Holmes, Brian DeShanes, Cory Dorris, Trent Dupys, Shawn Jacksons, Dexter McCoils & of course the Clays & Johnsons. Recruiting is paramount and it doesn't really matter to me what kind of system we play. We just want to feel good again after a football game watching TU being competitive and in the hunt for conference championships.

The kid from Spiro was one of the few verbals that got me excited. Seemed to be very Dexter McCoil-esque and possessing some of the same measurables.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by canefansincerhome:
Losing some of these commitments might not be a bad thing considering the overall talent/skill level has dropped the last few recruiting classes. We defintely need more Tyrunn Walkers, Tyler Holmes, Brian DeShanes, Cory Dorris, Trent Dupys, Shawn Jacksons, Dexter McCoils & of course the Clays & Johnsons. Recruiting is paramount and it doesn't really matter to me what kind of system we play. We just want to feel good again after a football game watching TU being competitive and in the hunt for conference championships.

Not that I fully disagree with your assessments but in defense of these new recruits not all those guys you listed were garnering heavy interest. Most notably the fact Shawn Jackson had no other offers and turned out to be a beast.

I think a lot of our recruits need tulsa more than we need them.

Based on some of the other offers or lack there of.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT