ADVERTISEMENT

QB Update

Babe the Blue Ox

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Oct 3, 2001
I didn't want this to get lost in the other thread.

Today was move in day on sorority row so I got to watch some of this morning's practice between boxloads. They were definitely rotating 3 QBs, #7 Brin, #11 Smith and #12 Boomer. #15 Marquardt did not get any reps while I watched.

From what I did see, #7 Brin got the most reps. I didn't watch straight through and maybe it just happened to be his turn when I looked up but I did see him running the offense more than the other two guys.

Beyond that, #11 Smith does pass the eye test. He just looks like a QB. I'm interested to see how this all plays out.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure it is Brin (not Brinn). It was probably just his turn but I do hear he has been doing good things. Somebody leaked that Montgomery said QB race is now between 3. I still think it will be Smith because Monty has a lot of pressure to use him due to size, arm strength and experience.

I am pretty sure it is Brin (not Brinn). It was probably just his turn but I do hear he has been doing good things. Somebody leaked that Montgomery said QB race is now between 3. I still think it will be Smith because Monty has a lot of pressure to use him due to size, arm strength and experience.

Sorry about that. Spelling is corrected. He may not be the eventual #1 but he was getting his fair share of chances.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT