ADVERTISEMENT

Practice

slowjogger

I.T.S. Redshirt Freshman
Nov 3, 2022
Just wondered if anyone has ventured to the men’s basketball practice since Labor Day. If so, how do they look? Any conclusions about how this team compares to last year’s team?

I have been Garcia practicing now I think Carrington is a player although needs to improve outside shooting Couldn’t stay long will watch them again

Just wondered if anyone has ventured to the men’s basketball practice since Labor Day. If so, how
do they look? Any conclusions about how this team compares to last year’s team?
We may be well into our non-conference schedule before we get much of a feel for how this '24-'25 team
compares to the '23-'24 team....

On the pessimistic side, it would appear from their histories that there aren't many double digit scorers
among the newcomers....Odom and who else? ....Maybe Carrington?

On the positive side, there are returners with potential: Archie, Garcia, (Willis-almost for sure), look to be
at/near double digit scorers, and Reed could also be close....

One advantage the team at hand does have is the potential for the scoring to be more distributed than
the previous team....Sometimes it appeared that when most of our offense and ball handling rested with
our starting guards, it made us more predictable and easier to defend.....There were times, however, when
the guards appeared to be the only viable option....

Overall, again going on individual histories, it does appear that the coming team will be better defensively..
However, have they done enough to get their defense in the paint up to a satisfactory level? That will be a
huge determinant in measuring our team's ability to really be improved, and move up the conference
standings a notch or two....

GO TU!!
:flags:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill Lowery
Last year it was about the last week in September
Last year I jokingly said they keep getting it out a week or 10 days later each year, and that forecasted that it would be out Oct 1, or something like that this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT