ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Jones

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Jun 21, 2017
Really hyping TU up the last couple of weeks. Says they will win at least 6 with a chance to win even more if Smith gets cooking

Reactions: shon46 and el duran
Yeah, he was really talking them up today. He LOVES Zaven Collins, and Gipson too.
He loves those two guys because Gipson's name will be announced somewhere on day 2 of the draft next April and Collins is a guy that OSU and OU will lament not having enough foresight to recruit. Collins is going to be one of those prototypical NFL LBs that solidifies a defense for 7-8 years.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Because Pat Jones is a diehard OSU guy & has disrespected TU many, many times over the years, I have to take his pro TU talk as a “talk up your opponent” move. If we weren’t playing OSU this season, I might look at it differently.

Reactions: Tu Geo
Because Pat Jones is a diehard OSU guy & has disrespected TU many, many times over the years, I have to take his pro TU talk as a “talk up your opponent” move. If we weren’t playing OSU this season, I might look at it differently.
This. Let’s see what he says after the game if we lose to OSU and go 8-4 beating Houston and Memphis. Until then, tune out.

I agree with Pat. I believe we’re going bowling. We would have last season with good QB play.

We also cover against Michigan St....easy cover...with a chance to win headed into the 4th quarter.

I can't speak to what Jones said years ago because I wasn't around, but I do remember when we played OSU 2 years ago that he wasn't hyping us at all vs the Cowboys.

I agree with Pat. I believe we’re going bowling. We would have last season with good QB play.

We also cover against Michigan St....easy cover...with a chance to win headed into the 4th quarter.

Agreed. For some reason Michigan state just doesn’t scare me. If our qb play is much improved like we expect, we are going to give them a run.

Reactions: Buzzy56
They’ve got nearly everybody back. It’s their home opener.

I like our chances better against OSU. Our house. They come in thinking it’s an easy game and looking ahead. Like BYU in 2008

15 years ago I occasionally listened to sports radio. Now I have an adult job and don’t understand why anyone has time for that. It’s an actual opportunity cost. I’m leaving money on the table if I listen to it.

Anywho, that’s neat Pat Jones likes TU. He over pronounces words. He makes “Wannamacher” have like 19 syllables. The callers into those shows make me want to drink.

My only good sports talk radio memories are as follows:

1. Calling into Big Al when he got mad about my thread telling him to shut up when he wanted us to hire Nolan. By the end of the call he said I knew way too much and was probably right.

2. I had to drive to a law firm event in BFE BA one afternoon. I had no idea where I was going and had to go some title company on the way. Took forever to get there. I had 1430 on and they were broadcasting live from Jenks. They were talking on and on and on about how they were going to role Booker T. It was kind of sad to listen to grown men talk that much about high school football.

About five hours later, after dinner, I get into the car. Still turned to 1430. Booker T rolled them. Michael Harris. My laughter is still echoing through the south Metropolitan area.

About five hours later, after dinner, I get into the car. Still turned to 1430. Booker T rolled them. Michael Harris. My laughter is still echoing through the south Metropolitan area.

That was probably 2006. BTW beat Jenks in 3OT that year and went on to win the district but lost in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Jenks took State over Enid.

Reactions: Tu Geo
That was probably 2006. BTW beat Jenks in 3OT that year and went on to win the district but lost in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Jenks took State over Enid.

I was at the game my son was the Safety for BTW.

Jackson Seibert hit either a field goal in Triple OT or extra point.

Mike Harris had a great game as well.

BTW lost in the playoffs to Enid. Austin Box (RIP) led his team from the QB and Safety position to the finals and lost to Jenks.

GO TU!!!.

I was at the game my son was the Safety for BTW.

Jackson Seibert hit either a field goal in Triple OT or extra point.

Mike Harris had a great game as well.

BTW lost in the playoffs to Enid. Austin Box (RIP) led his team from the QB and Safety position to the finals and lost to Jenks.

GO TU!!!.

I listened to the BTW/Jenks OT on the radio on the way home from a game in Sapulpa.

Owasso lost to Enid in the state Semis that year. They had lost to BTW at home earlier in the regular season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT