ADVERTISEMENT

Pastner and Memphis Get another McDonald's All-American

I.I.

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Dedric Lawson (No. 26, Memphis)

They have to have had the worst outcomes per McDonald's All- Americans than anyone in the NCAA. If ORU had the Memphis players over the last 3 years they would have been in the Final Four.

Someone needs to pay Josh a million just to be an assistant and recruit so he doesn't have to manage the games or the players.

So next year he will be back to rolling the ball out and drawing up lob plays out of time outs?
Instead of trying to coach like this season?

Originally posted by TU_Landman:
So next year he will be back to rolling the ball out and drawing up lob plays out of time outs?
Unless he gets 2 guards that can come in and play immediately Memphis will "struggle" again next year.

Originally posted by TU_BLA:

Originally posted by TU_Landman:
Unless he gets 2 guards that can come in and play immediately Memphis will "struggle" again next year.
I like that you put "struggle" in quotes there. Their fan base reminds me of ours right after we came off a solid decade of success, and then all of a sudden we weren't winning many big games, in fact we started losing some bad ones. It's tough to maintain success over that long of a period, year in and year out.

Seems like I read somewhere that Pastner hired this guy's dad in order to recruit him. Or was that someone else?

I believe it was a packaged deal. Lol. Not only did he get the father as an assistant, he got 5-star Dedric and 4-star Keelon. Sounds like a Danny Manning, Waymon Tisdale type situation.

Rotnei Clarke's dad was also hired at ORU in hopes of luring Rotnei there. That didn't work

So when Pastner gets fired at the end of the year does the player's dad stay to keep him at Memphis? Or is the pay the dad gets for the next two mints the payment to get te player there?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Pastner can't coach. Looks like he's bringing on other people that have no clue. It's really hard to believe he's still getting talent that's final four caliber, but can't advance out of the first round. This year he's not even going to get there.

Perhaps just as important is whether the Broddie kid is ready to step in right away. They've got some nice pieces 2-5, but their PG play might be the worst in the AAC.

Yes and as all Tulsa fans have come to realize this year.................your point guard doesn't have to be a sharpshooter from 3 point range, as long has he can break down the defense with dribble drives.

As long as Pastner is there, every player could be a McDonald's All-American, but they won't function as a "team".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT