ADVERTISEMENT

Past & present

Gmoney4WW

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
Well we're 50% better than last year.

Liked listening the OL seniors saying Xavea Gadlin would be a star and that Dylan Couch has a chance to be good. Wick looked really good today. Say's that he should be a good replacement for Mouton next year. Hope Bunch continues to look better next year and powers recovers from his injury so we turn a weak position into a power position.

So who do you think has the best shot at going pro:
Bowling, Miller, Neph, Minter, Mouton, & Hill?

Last edited:
Well we're 50% better than last year.

Liked listening the OL seniors saying Xavea Gadlin would be a star and that Dylan Couch has a chance to be good. Wick looked really good today. Say's that he should be a good replacement for Mouton next year. Hope Bunch continues to look better next year and powers recovers from his injury so we turn a weak position into a power position.

So who do you think has the best shot at going pro:
Bowling, Miller, Neph, Minter, Mouton, & Hill?
Bowling and Miller will end up in a camp somewhere. I think a team would take a chance on a Nu Hill at least for a camp. He’s really good on man to man coverage but he also anticipates and locates the ball well.

I think Whitfield makes a roster and has a chance. He is one of the best cover safeties I have seen and understands a lot of Route trees and also how to disguise what he’s doing in coverage. I think on his pick he showed a man coverage and slid to help.

As for next year, Cullen Wick and Gipson are going to create havoc. We are set at LB. I think the WR corps returning have a chance to be really good if the play calling from 2 years ago returns and we go for the kill. I think Stewart can be better than Hobbs, Johnson and Anderson and a couple of the newbies into the mix. Stokes is every bit as good as his brother if the ball is delivered on time. He was open all freaking day today.

We had those chances this year, enough we should be talking about a bowl game right now. Temple, Houston, USF, Tulane all we’re games we had a better than avg chance to win with the play calling we saw in the 1st half. And I’m not quite sure why Monty quit keeping things hectic and off balance in the 2nd half. The play calls and strategy clearly changed and that’s when SMU crept back into the game.

I know everyone thinks the QB job is Zach Smith’s going into next season but Boomer showed he is well capable of running this team and being extremely efficient and making a big play when needed. He made a few plays today with his legs today, made a lot of really nice throws. He’s still a FR. There’s room for growth and we’ve seen him get better with each game. Maybe Smith is the guy but I hope he earns it because he’s the best. Boomer should push him though.

Brin will be there too. I don't have a lot of confidence of Smith earning it, seeing as how PM seems to play favorites, regardless of the skill level.

I think Boomer has been pretty good. He surely has a chance at the job.

Does Skipper transfer?

Does Skipper transfer?

I don’t know if it’s been officially announced but I’ve heard from multiple people that would know and he’s for sure transferring and already informed the coaches.

I think Edmiston and Whitfield should be 1st team AAC. Likely won’t happen because they play on a 3-9 team. Edmiston had 110 tackles, 4 ints, 3 fumble recoveries, and 3 forced fumbles. He was a freaking monster this year. Whitfield had 71 tackles, 2 INTs, 2 Fumble recoveries and 7 PASS BREAKUPS. That’s an insane number for a safety.

I don’t know if the AAC does a newcomer defensive team, but Zaven Collins should be a shoo in.

Bennett should probably be all league as well for punter. He averaged 46.6 per punt which is phenomenal.

And one last thing...our DL should be phenomenal next year. Good talent and really good quality depth. Pray everyone stays healthy.

Reactions: Aboomer
Zaven Collins played QB in high school ... just sayin’
Zaven also played safety in HS. But yeah, I've thought on a few occasions that Zaven needed to be back there in the wildcat a couple of times, sort of like playing Charles Clay at defensive end a few plays per game.

Zaven also played safety in HS. But yeah, I've thought on a few occasions that Zaven needed to be back there in the wildcat a couple of times, sort of like playing Charles Clay at defensive end a few plays per game.
LB Chris Chamberlain was our first Wildcane, if you recall.

Don’t forget about Rob Revels he was the starter over Zaven before his injury and made a ton of plays.. he’s back
I’d love to see Revels healthy and producing again. But I also don’t see Zaven as being behind Rob on the depth chart anymore.

I’ve only seen Zaven throw the ball a couple times, but besides Mack Brown’s safeties, the best defensive player I’ve ever seen throw the ball is Jesse Brubaker. I really wish he had gotten a chance to show what he could do just for fun.

Reactions: HuffyCane
LB Chris Chamberlain was our first Wildcane, if you recall.
I do. He was also a QB in HS. BUT, my favorite play of his is lowering the boom on the BYU receiver that caused a fumble and helped us seal the win in that 5 hour epic. Of course, if he hit a WR like that today he'd miss the 1st half of the next game and BYU would have had a 1st down.

I do. He was also a QB in HS. BUT, my favorite play of his is lowering the boom on the BYU receiver that caused a fumble and helped us seal the win in that 5 hour epic. Of course, if he hit a WR like that today he'd miss the 1st half of the next game and BYU would have had a 1st down.

That BYU game was one of the most entertaining games I’ve witnessed at Skelly.

Chamberlain & Nelson Coleman together were very bad dudes. However, who will be better in the AACK! than Edmiston, Collins & Cannon next year?
No one. They were one of the best if not THE best LB trios in the AAC this year. Honestly, if we are bowl eligible Edmiston is probably in the mix for DPOY honors between the number of turnovers created and the number of tackles. Collins has pro-capabilities. Then you add Sawyer and Revels to the mix of guys who we know can play.

And just think...our DL is probably as deep as it has ever been (with quality) and everyone except Mouton returns. And we all know Jaxon Player is a beast. Get him with a full college offseason strength & conditioning under his belt and turn some of that baby fat into muscle. He is going to wreak havoc on the interior of the DL for the next 3 years. DBs- everyone except Whitfield and Hill return and the last 2-3 games we had been rotating 6 CBs in anyway. That's 4 who have significant game experience and can play. Can Monty hire Nick Graham away from UCO so Nick can teach them to get their heads around. Jabari James ran step for step with Proche and Roberson the other day and the only thing he didn't do was turn to find the ball. Add the new JUCO to the mix along with Malik Welch and our D-backfield should be good. Just thinking about what we have returning to the defense next year makes me think that we should have the best defense in the conference. Replacing Whitfield will be key because there aren't many safeties who are great in 1v1 coverage and are great tacklers. Whitfield checked both those boxes.

Reactions: quincy101
Offense:
QB- We will be OK at QB. We need Monty to trust the guys on offense to make plays like they showed they can on Saturday.

RB- We almost have too many RBs. I fear we might lose one or two of them to transfer. It's not like Brooks or Taylor are going to be supplanted. It is good to know we have some very viable options if one of them gets injured.

WR- As bad as we perceived them to be this year, I actually think we have a very talented group returning. Stokes has shown to be very reliable in making plays. I actually think with Hobbs graduating there won't be quite as much pressure to get any one of them the ball as much as it seemed like we were forcing things to Hobbs this year. I like Stewart a lot and I think we should see some Crawford and the others (and perhaps Rodgers if he is eligible).

TE-I'm not sure who steps in here. Who's the best blocker? Dalton May, David Fitzwater, Terance James. What I do know is Monty under-utilized the abilities of Neph as a receiving option this season. I was so confused when we ran 2 TEs out for the 1st series the other day and passed out of that set, I can only imagine what SMU's D was thinking. Why haven't we seen more of that.

OL- Biggest question mark IMO because I'm not sure the best players were run out there at the tackle positions this season. From the few snaps/series I have seen Waahid in there, I think he will have one of the OT slots. I keep hearing the OL thinks highly of Gadlin who was likely being saved as a RS for next year. I like what I've seen of Chris Paul this season. What I fear is Chris Ivy keeping his spot because he will be a senior. To me, this is one of the biggest and most crucial question marks heading into next year.

That and play calling.

That BYU game was one of the most entertaining games I’ve witnessed at Skelly.
Not only at Skelly, but one of the best ever for me. Almost 1300 yds of O, devastating hits, Marion delivering sour milk bombs, the coming out party for a young TE named Clay.........the game had everything!

Reactions: HuffyCane
Offense:
QB- We will be OK at QB. We need Monty to trust the guys on offense to make plays like they showed they can on Saturday.

RB- We almost have too many RBs. I fear we might lose one or two of them to transfer. It's not like Brooks or Taylor are going to be supplanted. It is good to know we have some very viable options if one of them gets injured.

WR- As bad as we perceived them to be this year, I actually think we have a very talented group returning. Stokes has shown to be very reliable in making plays. I actually think with Hobbs graduating there won't be quite as much pressure to get any one of them the ball as much as it seemed like we were forcing things to Hobbs this year. I like Stewart a lot and I think we should see some Crawford and the others (and perhaps Rodgers if he is eligible).

TE-I'm not sure who steps in here. Who's the best blocker? Dalton May, David Fitzwater, Terance James. What I do know is Monty under-utilized the abilities of Neph as a receiving option this season. I was so confused when we ran 2 TEs out for the 1st series the other day and passed out of that set, I can only imagine what SMU's D was thinking. Why haven't we seen more of that.

OL- Biggest question mark IMO because I'm not sure the best players were run out there at the tackle positions this season. From the few snaps/series I have seen Waahid in there, I think he will have one of the OT slots. I keep hearing the OL thinks highly of Gadlin who was likely being saved as a RS for next year. I like what I've seen of Chris Paul this season. What I fear is Chris Ivy keeping his spot because he will be a senior. To me, this is one of the biggest and most crucial question marks heading into next year.

That and play calling.
Hobbs graduating is going to be a blessing. Just hope Johnson doesn't take over his role as having too many throws forced on him.

Hobbs graduating is going to be a blessing. Just hope Johnson doesn't take over his role as having too many throws forced on him.
It's too bad Hobbs waited until his last game to decide to play like a #1 WR. The catch at the end of the game just showed how good he can be. Had TU not tried to force the ball to him so many times earlier in the season we may have seen that Stokes really is the key WR in this offense. He was wide open every time on Saturday and he made subtle route adjustments based on the defense. The one he caught where the SMU DB broke his leg. I swear that was initially intended to be a skinny post that he flattened out because of the safety over the top (who normally cheats over to where Johnson is running the fly on the sideline). That one play also tells me Boomer reads things pretty well and can make read adjustments on the fly. There were so many good things that happened on that one play in terms of execution you wonder where that was all season. (TBH, there were a lot of moments in that game that had me wondering where this was all season).

Again, Stewart and Brown and Crawford saw very few snaps this year and I expect them to get a few more next year. I expect to see us with 2 TEs in the game more, and one of them starting some plays from the slot just to see how the defense reacts to him going in motion. You may see a run, a pass or both. Monty, hire me to be the OC. I sit in the end zone every game and can see exactly how every play unfolds, the DL and LB adjustments of the other teams defense, etc.

Hobbs dropped way too many balls that hit him right in the hands all season. He did have a good final game at Shelly .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT