ADVERTISEMENT

Pac 12 expansion

Not sure I’d call Phoenix metro a “great area”, but to each their own. You couldn’t possibly pay me enough to live in Phoenix. California traffic without the weather or beaches. No thanks. Tucson, now there’s a nice area. :)

I did my Master’s at U of A, and my wife did her undergrad and Master‘s there. Screw ASU and screw Tempe!
Nothing like flying into Pheonix and seeing that cloud of pollution coming from the oven your getting ready to land in.

I see little chance any Alliance member conference does anything at this point to eliminate ESPN’s obligation to pay the exit fee to the Big12 for the departure of UT and OU. After that move is made I anticipate we see some movement with some of the remaining Big12 teams being picked up.

I see little chance any Alliance member conference does anything at this point to eliminate ESPN’s obligation to pay the exit fee to the Big12 for the departure of UT and OU. After that move is made I anticipate we see some movement with some of the remaining Big12 teams being picked up.
What is ESPN’s obligation to the B12? They did not force OU and Texas to leave so why should they be financially responsible? I thought it is OU and UT that are required to pay the exit fee.

What is ESPN’s obligation to the B12? They did not force OU and Texas to leave so why should they be financially responsible? I thought it is OU and UT that are required to pay the exit fee.
ESPN has said they will take the money they owe the LHN and use the same to pay the exit fees for OU and UT.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
ESPN has said they will take the money they owe the LHN and use the same to pay the exit fees for OU and UT.
So OU is getting some financial help from the LHN? Wow! Texas helping to pay, through the LHN, some of OU’s obligation is really interesting.

Maybe OSU will help pay TU’s entry fee to the B12 😁

Reactions: drboobay
So OU is getting some financial help from the LHN? Wow! Texas helping to pay, through the LHN, some of OU’s obligation is really interesting.

Maybe OSU will help pay TU’s entry fee to the B12 😁
Yes. Texas has told ESPN to use the money owed on the LHN contract to pay the exit fees for Texas and OU. The last thing the Alliance wants to do imo is let Texas or ESPN off the hook for that money imo. Thus, I wouldn’t expect anything to occur related to expansion until Texas and OU announce their exit date.

Yes. Texas has told ESPN to use the money owed on the LHN contract to pay the exit fees for Texas and OU. The last thing the Alliance wants to do imo is let Texas or ESPN off the hook for that money imo. Thus, I wouldn’t expect anything to occur related to expansion until Texas and OU announce their exit date.
If other conferences are moving forward in making decisions about their future plans, then this really screws the Big 8 that are left.

If other conferences are moving forward in making decisions about their future plans, then this really screws the Big 8 that are left.
In the end those remaining schools are no more nor no less appealing to any potential conference landing spot. However, they all can take the financial windfall from OU and Texas departure to soften the financial blow that is inevitable. Once those fees are paid they can adjust their charter to eliminate future exit fees if they choose. This alignment thing isn't over until the have conferences have squeezed every possible penny out of the consumer, so buckle in for the long haul.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT