ADVERTISEMENT

Other AAC Games this Weekend

goldenhurricane2

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2006
UCF looked really good, Uconn looked like you’d expect, and Tulane has a decent D, but their offense is still pretty subpar.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
On Wake at Tulane, I'm not sure who was playing up and who was playing down, or both? It was a good game anyway, I was really puling for Tulane down the stretch. Tulane seems to be a very scrappy team.

UCF looked solid. The game was so out of control I didn't watch much.

OSU did not look as good as I expected (I know not in conference, but a game of interest none the less). The final score was just fine, so it won't hurt the Cowboys too much - but they have a lot to work on. The QB really struggled with deep balls, a solid D would have had a disturbing number of interceptions.

It was an entertaining game. Wake has a freshman qb who didn’t look all that impressive... so who knows on who played up or down, but Tulane didn’t impress me (but neither did wake).

Tulane kind of blew that game. They had a chance to set up a game winning field goal in the final minute. Had the QB scrambled a few extra yards to get into range on 3rd instead lofting a prayer downfield they would have been in range. Instead, they punted into the back of the end zone and Wake ended up winning in OT.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Tulane kind of blew that game. They had a chance to set up a game winning field goal in the final minute. Had the QB scrambled a few extra yards to get into range on 3rd instead lofting a prayer downfield they would have been in range. Instead, they punted into the back of the end zone and Wake ended up winning in OT.
They also screwed the pooch in OT as well. After the initial hands to the face penalty, they kept throwing the ball deep on 1st and 2nd downs instead of trying to pick up 7-10 yds and making a manageable 3rd down situation that put them in position for at least a FG.

I am not impressed with Tulane's QB at all. He tried to get a couple of his WRs killed. He reminded me of a lesser armed and less fast version of President. He was wildly inaccurate with a bunch of throws...missing high a lot.

Wake's true FR QB threw for 400+ yds in his first game out. He did throw 2 costly picks. They have a Langer type RB who basically dragged Tulane into the endzone in OT.

UCF- they're really good. They will need to be better in the secondary than they were yesterday to match last year's results. Their DL was good and their offense showed the same explosiveness and capability as last year.

UCONN's DBs were bad. Their QB is not good. I didn't see much good about the way they played last night.

That Tulane QB had a 202 QB rating against us last season while putting up 48 first half points. Might have been the worst TU football performance I've seen in the last 5 years.

Reactions: astonmartin708
That Tulane QB had a 202 QB rating against us last season while putting up 48 first half points. Might have been the worst TU football performance I've seen in the last 5 years.
Probably the worst defensive performance since the Burns' days easily.

That Tulane QB had a 202 QB rating against us last season while putting up 48 first half points. Might have been the worst TU football performance I've seen in the last 45 years.
Fixed it for you. It wasnt so much that we lost a weird game and that nobody wanted to be there, but it was the way that it was lost. First time in my life I ever saw Tulsa players quit.

Couple of odd lines

SMU a 4.5 point dog to North Texas

Cinci a 14 point dog to a UCLA team with a ton of suspended players.

Frikken Houston. All I ask is you win out of conference and to Tulsa. Is that too much?

Temple is struggling with Nova.

Come on people! P6 and all that. Get your sh#t together. (And yes, I know I know. We're working on it)

Temple loses to Villanova. Central Arkansas is ranked higher than Villanova in the FCS coaches poll. Tulsa better come ready to play.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
SMU down 17-0 to North Texas

Cincinnati up 17-10 over UCLA at half

Hawaii 14 Navy 0 with 3 minutes left in 1st Qtr

Tulane QB focused too much on the big play.
Missed of ton of easy 5-15 yard passes in leui of hard 25+ yard passes.

UH up 28-0 early in the 2nd... ouch

Now 28-7. Unless Navy can stop the UH offense they will have a hard time coming back.

35-7. 4th and 1 UH runs a pick play for a 45 plus yard TD

Now 28-7. Unless Navy can stop the UH offense they will have a hard time coming back.

It's the run and shoot. Navy will make a huge come back in the second half as Hawaii's defense tires. The question is always does the run and shoot have enough of a lead to run it out.

Mason Fine was 40/50 444 yards and 3 TDS zero int against SMU. Kid is showing he can play.

ECU is having worse o line problems than we are... about to lose to North Carolina A&T.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT