ADVERTISEMENT

OSU game thread

That's honestly my biggest gripe with the team so far. I know there's defensive issues but there seem to be stretches on offense where the team forgets passing is an option.

Haith is a skilled offensive coach and I think he'll be able to get it corrected by conference play but it is a frustration point at least one stretch per game this season.
Honestly that was a first half issue. We moved the ball much better in the 2nd half. The last look was a great look and Taplin was the best player on the court today (yes, I know Evans didn't play). This team buckled down late and played some really good defense. The last 2 OSU baskets were closely contested and their players made tough shots. Doofus or DIngeai or whatever his name was is so one dimensional it's not even funny. Reminds of Reps...he can shoot. He can't handle the ball, he can't defend and he can't rebound. Whoever was guarding him should have been no more than 6 inches from him at all times.

OSU got physical on the boards and that was the biggest difference in the game. We shot fine, we played good solid D most of the game and in the 2nd half we cut the turnovers way down.

TU will be fine. Bottle the 2nd half intensity and they will be just fine the rest of the year.

Taplin played well. He has stepped his game up lately. If Birt or Korita can step up and start making more threes, we'll be able to beat a lot of teams. Completely puzzled by Birt. Guess he hasn't found his role yet with this team. Not really sure what to say about it.

From 7 rows up in the padded seats I saw 2 good young teams with great potential... i was surprised at how well Tulsa played. Gives me hope for league play.

I wonder if OSU has enough money to keep Underwood happy?

I was shocked at how easy I could get the padded seats from TU's website and how many OSU fans were surrounding me... there was a time when I would have only seen one or two orange shirts in the rafters... it looks like football isn't the only program that needs a marketing overhaul.

I don't think the final result of this game really surprised anyone much considering how little experience this team has in reality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT