ADVERTISEMENT

ORU

goldenhurricane2

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2006
I’m ready for this game tonight - the team needs to move past what happened on Friday and come out like they have something to prove tonight.

On an oru related note: did you guys know they fired oruvoice as their PA guy? As much as we give him crap here, that seems like a pretty low move on ORU’s part.

Are they really starting Fuqua? Against Taplin? Maybe next year for them . . .

Jefferies is going score two years’ worth of Mayor’s cup points tonight . . .

Heading down to Don Rey from St. Louis in about 2-3 hours. Excited for the game tonight (despite my massive melting immediately postgame Friday), not sure when I'll manage to make another home game this season.

TU by 1 or more points

I have stopped predicting this game, but I think the line is correct. However, I thought TU would lose at Mabee last year, and win the previous 3 and lose the 4th at Mabee. I have a 4 game streak of picking the wrong team.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I have stopped predicting this game, but I think the line is correct. However, I thought TU would lose at Mabee last year, and win the previous 3 and lose the 4th at Mabee. I have a 4 game streak of picking the wrong team.

I'm in the same boat as you, the more confidence I have in a TU victory, it seems the more likely it'll be we lose. So I'm just hoping for a 1 or more point win.

I had forgot that ORU picked up guard grad transfer from Missouri State—Austin Ruder. Good shooter who started quite a few games there. He scored 15 in their opener.

I don’t know how Fuqua will fare against Taplin, but Owens and Nzekwesi will give what bigs we have some trouble. They’re decent big men.

I think our depth will prove too much for them.

Reactions: bluegold70
Admit it, you all don't know much about Fuqua you just like saying his last name... FUQUA!!!!1111

I’ll admit I know nothing about the current Fuqua but I do remember Richard lighting it up for the Titans.

I watched Fuqua play for Booker T last year. Maybe he got better over the summer.

I had forgot that ORU picked up guard grad transfer from Missouri State—Austin Ruder. Good shooter who started quite a few games there. He scored 15 in their opener.

I don’t know how Fuqua will fare against Taplin, but Owens and Nzekwesi will give what bigs we have some trouble. They’re decent big men.

I think our depth will prove too much for them.
Owens can stretch the floor too. He's the one that hit the 3 two years ago in the last few seconds. The one things ORU doesn't do particularly well is rebound, even with the size inside. Our game plan should be to have Etou and Igbanu inside and take it right at the pair of them. Get one of them in foul trouble and ORU will really struggle unless they've been hiding Spencer Sutton from everyone and Skippy comes out and hits 8 3's.

Owens can stretch the floor too. He's the one that hit the 3 two years ago in the last few seconds. The one things ORU doesn't do particularly well is rebound, even with the size inside. Our game plan should be to have Etou and Igbanu inside and take it right at the pair of them. Get one of them in foul trouble and ORU will really struggle unless they've been hiding Spencer Sutton from everyone and Skippy comes out and hits 8 3's.

Ruder’s very capable of hitting 8 3’s. I watched him at Nixa HS and at Mo St. Very capable shooter that we’ll have to know where he is at all times.

Ruder’s very capable of hitting 8 3’s. I watched him at Nixa HS and at Mo St. Very capable shooter that we’ll have to know where he is at all times.
Nixa...hilarious. That place has grown so much over the last 10-15 years. Dated a girl from there when it wasn't actually connected to Springfield and it was a little town on the way to Branson.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT