ADVERTISEMENT

Opt Outs

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
So, to me this trend of kids "opting out" once their season goals are gone is more like quitting. OSU has had an OL player opt out. Texas has had several opt out after their loss. I think this is worse than when players decide not to play in their team's bowl game. Most of the names I'm hearing are 2nd day at best. If I'm a player in that lockerroom, I call them out as quitting on their teams. Ridiculous.

So, to me this trend of kids "opting out" once their season goals are gone is more like quitting. OSU has had an OL player opt out. Texas has had several opt out after their loss. I think this is worse than when players decide not to play in their team's bowl game. Most of the names I'm hearing are 2nd day at best. If I'm a player in that lockerroom, I call them out as quitting on their teams. Ridiculous.
IMO Texas isn’t even a team, it’s a bunch of individuals just trying to get to the NFL

Just to clarify, the OL at OSU that has opted out, Tevin Jenkins, is injured. He has a back injury that he has been dealing with for several weeks, he had been playing, missing time, playing....ect and this just made it clear that he was going to follow medical advice and rest it for the remainder of the season.........he is projected to be a fairly high draft choice ........this was not one of those cases where he just "quit" on his team mates like some of these guys

Just to clarify, the OL at OSU that has opted out, Tevin Jenkins, is injured. He has a back injury that he has been dealing with for several weeks, he had been playing, missing time, playing....ect and this just made it clear that he was going to follow medical advice and rest it for the remainder of the season.........he is projected to be a fairly high draft choice ........this was not one of those cases where he just "quit" on his team mates like some of these guys

Thanks for the clarification UK. Over the years you’ve been the most rational OSU fan to post on here.

Reactions: TULSARISING
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT