ADVERTISEMENT

One year without a coach!

Create positional advantages. Disorganize your opponent. Feed the wingers. Control space and make your opponent predictable. Press only on certain cues.

Honestly, Bierhalter needs to only figure out how to beat Mexico. From there the rest takes care of itself. Mexico plays a very fast paced pressing style, similar to how Brazil likes to play minus the superior skill at every single position on the pitch. Settle the back line and the holding mids who can control the ball and pass it out and break that heavy press and the US can generate a lot of scoring chances against most teams. The creativity up front has not been the issue...and other teams know this. When the US has been able to control the middle 1/3 of the field, they have been very successful against many teams because the attack has been pretty good.

The formula for qualifying for the World Cup is simple. Win your home games in the hex. All 5 of them. Win at least 2 road games...usually against teams like Honduras and Trinidad and Tobago. Last cycle, US loses to Mexico at home, lost to Costa Rica at home, and they also had a draw vs Honduras at home (after waxing them in Honduras 6-0). That simply can't happen.

Oh my goodness!!! The roster for practice starting 01/07 for friendlies with Panama(01/27) and Costa Rica(02/02) is all MLS, all the time. People like Bradley, Acosta, Zardes, Arriola, Letjet, Steffen, Roldan, and the only reason Altidore, Guzan & Nagbe weren't called up is that Guzan & Nagbe needed "a rest after a tough MLS season" & Josey was recuping from injury. All 3 are "in the future".

Not a single player from England or Europe, some leagues of which will be on their winter break during this time, was called up. Berhalter further states that (this squad)" was picked with a eye to the future" and " some will be a core part of the group moving forward".

There will be 2 more friendlies in March with the CONCACAF Gold Cup in June. I am just in denial mode until we see who the "core" players are plus guys from overseas will be for Gold Cup.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
How can we not call up our Euro players for the Gold Cup? The MLS group has already shown they can’t compete with the top tier teams. On the positive side, I do like the a lot of the MLS guys are young.

I just don't know L'poke. I think that we can be certain that Pulisic, Adams, McKinnie & Steffen will be on the roster for June. Thang is, there are at least a dozen more Yanks on overseas teams that should certainly qualify for caps to replace the MLS guys who failed in 2017-'18.

My gut feeling is that Berhalter was a lock from day one since no other potential coach would stand for having 2/3rd's of the squad from MLS to promote the domestic league, regardless of MNT success. What took Earnie Stewart 14 mos. to pull the trigger on his guy just boggles the mind. Yes, it's a conspiracy theory-but how else can you explain this initial call-up?

To me, it's very simple: the guys playing abroad are developing against superior players to those found in the MLS, while the MLS guys are not developing enough to deal with the competition found in a World Cup, let alone teams in CONCACAF qualifying.

I think he’s using this set as an ID session. I think the guys in Europe are pretty safe for the future. Remember Pulisic, Weah and such are in the middle of a hectic schedule between league play And UCL/Europa stuff. Plus the travel is a burden. It’s one thing if you have 2 friendlies and they’re in Europe and most of your training will be in Europe. These games are halfway across the world.

If Bierhalter and Stewart don’t realize the future is in Europe right now, they need to be fired and the USSF board needs to be fired. MLS won’t ever be the equivalent of the Euro leagues until they start paying Euro money for players. That won’t happen until ESPN/Fox Sports ponies up. And the only way to do that is increase the quality of play.

NBC pays a ton of $ for EPL games. And they’re getting a pretty good return for their investment as the ratings have been pretty good. The quality of play is great even when you’re talking about teams in the relegation zone. Watching any MLS can be painful as the quality resembles that of average U14 soccer. It lacks overall quality in possession, quality passing, and creativity. Avg attack in the MLS usually sees a defender playing over the top (or trying to) instead of passing the ball around until you find that gap to move forward.

And Josh Sargent is going to be the primary striker moving forward. 2 goals in 2 games for Werder Bremen. I like Wood and his physicality up there as well.

If Bierhalter and Stewart don’t realize the future is in Europe right now, they need to be fired and the USSF board needs to be fired
Amen to that! I guess I'll give Berhalter a pass for this 1st call-up since apparently the Euro clubs won't turn loose of players during winter break. Unfortunately, we won't see many overseas players in March either since club seasons are still going on.

It's the call-up for practice prior to Gold Cup that will tell the tale.

Reactions: HuffyCane
If you believe players like Jay DeMerit and Gareth Southgate, there’s a certain routine and method to camps/practices for national team call ups, no matter what country you are from, that differ for typical daily club envirnoments.

This is January camp. It’s called Camp Cupcake for a reason. It’s a time to workout marginal players, walk-ons if you will, to see if they’ve got the speed for the international game and the right personality to build chemistry with their teammates — which is huge because you only spend a few days together per year. You also want a couple of grizzled veterans to show the kids the ropes and talk to them about habits and tradition. Lead the daily team walk, etc. So I’m actually cool with Bradley being there to be the old man in the locker room and sell tickets ... as long as they don’t give the arm band back. He’s lost that forever as far as I’m concerned. The question is whether he can handle a lockeroom role.

They will have the players you want to see this summer. Most of the European contracts these days incentivize the players remaining with their club in Europe for the January international break. They can’t hold them during summer competition. I believe (I hope) the days of John Brooks and Timmy Chandler being injured for everything except WCQs televised live in Europe and friendlies against top tier teams in Europe are over. The next generation will be called up and will have to face a decision of whether they want to play in the Gold Cup now or forfeit their right to play in the World Cup later. They will make the right decision.

In the "Beat a Dead Horse" dept., I see where Frank DeBoer, a very well regarded Dutch MNT, Eredivisie and coach of assorted teams was hired to replace Tata @ Atlanta Utd. Just wonder if he was on Stewart's list of 33? If so, I imagine his English wasn't up to Earnie's standards.

Also, Tim Weah is soon to be on loan to prolly Celtic in the Scottish League. They usually make the Champions or Europa league tourney. At least he'll get more pt with them than the PSG "B" team & that's a good thing, IMO.

Last edited:
In the "Beat a Dead Horse" dept., I see where Frank DeBoer, a very well regarded Dutch MNT, Eredivisie and coach of assorted teams was hired to replace Tata @ Atlanta Utd. Just wonder if he was on Stewart's list of 33? If so, I imagine his English wasn't up to Earnie's standards.

Also, Tim Weah is soon to be on loan to prolly Celtic in the Scottish League. They usually make the Champions or Europa league tourney. At least he'll get more pt with them than the PSG "B" team & that's a good thing, IMO.
The Scottish league is a step below MLS. Just my $.02

Reactions: TulsaRulzOSUdrools
Gregg adds old USMNT teammate and Mexico slayer Josh Wolff as an assistant coach. Good guy. Good move? Emphasis on question mark.

Flat out loved him as a player. Conor Casey and him up top and Landon tucked in was amazing the few times they could all take the field before Conor’s injuries slowed him.

I’m not sure Josh is the best available choice for this role though. He was a great player and asst coach for my beloved DC United but it’s not clear he has the ability to formulate attacking strategies to be successful at the highest level. It makes me nervous. One of the positives of Berhalter was it was thought he would bring in a diversity of thought, including people from Europe.

I think he’s using this set as an ID session. I think the guys in Europe are pretty safe for the future. Remember Pulisic, Weah and such are in the middle of a hectic schedule between league play And UCL/Europa stuff. Plus the travel is a burden. It’s one thing if you have 2 friendlies and they’re in Europe and most of your training will be in Europe. These games are halfway across the world.

If Bierhalter and Stewart don’t realize the future is in Europe right now, they need to be fired and the USSF board needs to be fired. MLS won’t ever be the equivalent of the Euro leagues until they start paying Euro money for players. That won’t happen until ESPN/Fox Sports ponies up. And the only way to do that is increase the quality of play.

NBC pays a ton of $ for EPL games. And they’re getting a pretty good return for their investment as the ratings have been pretty good. The quality of play is great even when you’re talking about teams in the relegation zone. Watching any MLS can be painful as the quality resembles that of average U14 soccer. It lacks overall quality in possession, quality passing, and creativity. Avg attack in the MLS usually sees a defender playing over the top (or trying to) instead of passing the ball around until you find that gap to move forward.

And Josh Sargent is going to be the primary striker moving forward. 2 goals in 2 games for Werder Bremen. I like Wood and his physicality up there as well.

Actually the MLS pay isn't that awful on average. The top to bottom isn't that high. Some players are doing really, really well but the bottom pay needs to come way up.

There’s some yes and no in here. Now that contracts are guaranteed through the season instead of only half, the money is pretty good, but the stigma remains. MLS league minimum is $53,000.00 with benefits. Most players make between $90,000 and $100,000. 2 year starters hover around $200,000 in most cases. Its good enough to keep the players from going back to South America or over to Europe. The highest paid player makes $7 million a year in MLS. In the EPL its $21 million. The minimum is about 10 times that in the EPL but the weekly salary scale makes it difficult to tell and contracts are not always disclosed. The important thing is the days of offering Dom Cervi $12, 500 to live in Chicago for six months instead of signing with Celtic are over. Sargent is a young player with early success in the Bundesliga. His future with the USMNT is far from assured. People were saying that about Jordan Morris and countless others. Remember when Yedlin went to Spurs and everyone tried to mark right back off the list for the next ten years?

As for the quality of soccer I spent a month walking across Spain and another two months walking the length of Italy. MLS was on the TV regularly at the various bars and bodegas I visited. There’s a weird fascination with the NY RedBulls in central Spain, btw. There is genuine interest in the league and the quality of play is similar to Holland and several smaller but respected European countries like Serbia. Im sorry but the comments above about the quality of play are simply American soccer fan’s neurotic self hate. If you look on the web, two guys did a psychology study on this by masking the uniforms and identities of various players playing in different leagues and asked American soccer fans to rate the quality of play. Most had favorable things to say about the MLS games they were shown and virtually none of them could tell the difference between MLS and other leagues.

Last edited:
Reactions: ctt8410
Whenever I'm feeling neurotic & self-hating, I simply order a steak, drink a half bottle of red burgundy & soon I'm self-loving, thinking (fairly) clearly & watch some Euro futbol. My issue with MLS are not the furriners, most at the end of great careers, but 90% of the Americans who get the tats & think they are world class players. When they get to the USMNT, they are exposed as players that can't deal with intl competition. Yes, we've had success in previous WC's but NOT lately. We've got to have a majority of MNT players with intl & Euro experience & I'm concerned Berhalter is under orders to play guys without it, possibly to promote the domestic league.

We'll see how it goes for the upcoming Gold Cup. Sure hope a player who speaks English with a German or British accent isn't excluded.
neurotic self hate

The January call ups are always about who’s available and doesn’t have to travel 1/2 way across the world to play in a couple of training games. It’s also about finding out who the depth players will be. The guys like Arriola. There were a couple of guys I was impressed by like Lima and Mihailovic. I do worry that guys like Lletget get prolonged looks taking PT away from other, more promising players who haven’t had their looks yet. Lletget is a fine MLS player but I have never been impressed with his ability at the international level (against better sides). I know this last cycle they were playing B sides from 2 CONCACAF teams but we were essentially playing our B side as well.

I expect Bierhalter to bring in the 25 who would be on a WC roster of it were this summer with extended looks for Sargent, Weah, McKennie along with Wood, Pulisic.

Is Trapp the future at the 6? (Or 10)

Just don’t forget that everything being said about Sargent, Weah, McKennie was also once said about Lletget when he was at Westham and people wanted to bench players to get him playing time — until we went out and beat effin’ Spain in the Confed. Same story for the much maligned Orlando City player Jonathan Spector who rated high enough to be a youth player at Manchester United and 100 games at Westham, but didn’t have the wheels to play right back for the Yanks. If I’m Berhalter, I want Lletget in every camp. The guys you want to see thrive need a veteran voice to teach them the USMNT routine, but also be a leader/mentor for them. Lletget once had it all, but never quite took advantage because he got caught up in the London glamour scene. They need to see and hear what will happen if they don’t works

The young’uns are sexy but very few are sure things.

And be careful what you think about MLS players. You guys are correct that 95% of them have no business in international soccer. But that’s true of nearly every league on the planet. Even lower tier EPL teams regularly field players that wouldn’t sniff their national team — either their home country or ours (at least between 2002 and 2014 that is).

Stuart Holden was a pretty good MLS player who went to the EPL only because he had a UK passport through his grandparents and he took the risk of playing without signing an extension so he could go on a free transfer. Bolton took him because it cost them nothing. They paid him the minimum. A year later the Daily Mail readers poll named him the player of the year. He had no business as a starter for the USMNT and his repeated injuries revealed it.

Jay DeMerit was not drafted out of Univ of Illinois-Chicago and didn’t rate the Fore practice team after a week trial even with ties to the city and nearby Green Bay. Four years after being told he didn’t rate $50 a game to be a practice player for the Fire, he was a captain in the EPL. Every MLS team saw him play and passed. Most of the teams in the Dutch league. He tried to get a trial all over the UK at League Two and semi-pro clubs. Plenty of people saw him play and passed —because he was an American. Bob Bradley saw him shut down Frank Lampard in his prime and was still hesitant to give him a trial at the international level. It took a year in the EPL and a camp cupcake for Jay to get the call up.

Do you really think America beats Spain without a guy playing through the pain and swallowing all the blood after biting his tongue off to continue to shut down Messi? That guy was an American who wasn’t good enough for MLS. If American MLS players are bad, how did we beat Spain?

We had a golden generation from 2000 to 2012. It skewed our expectations from 2013-2018. During that period we had a bad coach and a LOT of young spoiled players who were over hyped and under coached (CJ Sapong, Teal Bunbury, Omobi Okugo, Joe Gyau, Josh Gatt to name a few) who did not develop and our golden guys played about four years longer than they would have if any one had developed into taking their job. (Everything being sad about Josh Sargent was said about Josh Gatt too by the way.) Both those generations are gone now and we are starting from scratch. It will be a bumpy ride. We have young players and that is a two edged sword. But it’s too simplistic to say the games we win it’s because of our great young players in Europe and the games we lose it’s because of MLS players. Jay DeMerit would disagree. So would Landon Donovan.

Last edited:
I just can't get over the abject failure of 2015-16 with Frogface & his love affair with the alleged cream of the current MLS, while many of these same guys(choke,gasp)are in camp as we speak & Berhalter stating that these guys are the "future". Sure, the very young Euro guys, even with 2-3 years more experience against world-class players, might not make it out of the group stage in 2020. But there is no doubt in my mind that they would be tough to deal with in 2024.

And of course by then, there may be a handful of MLS guys being coveted by Euro clubs. For me, it's all about Intl experience and developing against the best. If anyone still insists that the competition level in the top 5 or so leagues in Britain & Europe are on a par with MLS( or vice versa), you're living in a futbol dreamworld.

BTW- C. Pulisic has been riding the pine for Favre's Dortmund for the last month & a half. He got the start vs. Tottenham in the Champions League this week & didn't look too snappy. Neither did his team as Tottenham dominated 3-0(without Harry Kane, no less). To be fair, only 4 or 5 of Dortmund's starters played

Last edited:
I just can't get over the abject failure of 2015-16 with Frogface & his love affair with the alleged cream of the current MLS, while many of these same guys(choke,gasp)are in camp as we speak & Berhalter stating that these guys are the "future". Sure, the very young Euro guys, even with 2-3 years more experience against world-class players, might not make it out of the group stage in 2020. But there is no doubt in my mind that they would be tough to deal with in 2024.

And of course by then, there may be a handful of MLS guys being coveted by Euro clubs. For me, it's all about Intl experience and developing against the best. If anyone still insists that the competition level in the top 5 or so leagues in Britain & Europe are on a par with MLS( or vice versa), you're living in a futbol dreamworld.

BTW- C. Pulisic has been riding the pine for Favre's Dortmund for the last month & a half. He got the start vs. Tottenham in the Champions League this week & didn't look too snappy. Neither did his team as Tottenham dominated 3-0(without Harry Kane, no less). To be fair, only 4 or 5 of Dortmund's starters played
what
Might appear to be under performing MLS players getting the call ups isn’t some conspiracy to promote MLS, though I do think there are certain players in certain situations that get extra looks for marketing and league relations reasons (it’s a good idea not to piss off the owners of clubs who own the stadiums you negotiate to play in). What is really going on is that USSF scouting was gutted in 2009 for a variety reasons - some of it related to shifting pay and spiking benefit costs for the women. We brought in some guys under Klinns who didn’t have any business evaluating talent and socializing personnel into the MNT culture. A lot of their picks are still in the system. Gray Garza is a good example of that. He isn’t in the pool because he is an MLS player, but he is in the pool because there is no clear winner for his position and he’s been in MNT comps since he was 16. It will take a little while for that part of the lump of the Klinsmann/Arena era to digest through the snake.

Reactions: quincy101
I just read that ole’ LandyCakes is now playing indoor for the San Diego Sockers.

Landon's no Steve Zungul, the Lord of Indoor lol. Not sure, but Zungul might still be the MISL's all-time leading scorer.

A lot about a little: Nurnberg is a tough place to play in the Bundesliga. Dortmund brought their B+ team(many injuries, including C. Pulisic who pulled a hammie-big deal, he rarely plays anyway), & during the first half, Fox Sports 1 cameras panned a section of fans who were holding up rather large signs showing everyone's favorite middle finger. Those without signs used their own finger. Then, every time Dortmund had a corner kick, those same fans threw that good German beer & 50 to 100 tennis balls painted black at the guy taking the corner. Game was delayed twice to clear the pitch of black tennis balls & beer cans.

Needless to say, FS1 cameras avoided that section of fans the rest of the game.

Care to comment on the quick success of Tyler Adams? Three starts and shining at the pivot against the best of the Bundesliga since leaving MLS.

Let's just hope Berhalter calls him up for the Gold Cup. If not, he's an idiot.

He'll be back in the MLS next season, IMO.
Doubt it. Landon’s a strange dude. He drank his first off season beer a couple of years ago. During the season: forget about it.

I think he wants to play, but on his terms. That’s been his deal since he was 18.

I think it’s more about him not wanting a 9 to 5 and his dabbling in coaching, media, and player development have all been unsatisfying for him and failures. So the local indoor league is something I’m betting he thinks he can still play and still put family first. A 9 to 5 as a player if you will.

It would take several million to get him to MLS and he doesn’t need the money or the hassles.

The few minutes I’ve interacted with him was in Columbus at the Mexico game immediately after he retired. Talking to him was like talking to someone just released after ten years of being held hostage in the Middle East. The dude projected this strange kind of peace of mind and relief. Like someone learning as an adult they aren’t to blame for being raped as a child

latest round of call-ups for the next set of international friendlies. Looks like Bierhalter is trying to see what he actually has and who else he can integrate into the core group:

GKS: Steffen, Sean Johnson, Ethan Horvath
D: Yedlin, Ream, Miazga, Brooks, Gonzlaez, Nick Lima, Aaron Long, Daniel Lovitz
MF:Tyler Adams, Bradley, Pulisic, Lletget, Roldan, Trapp, McKennie,
F: Arriola, Jordan Morris, Corey Baird, Jonathan Lewis, Christian Ramirez, Gyasi Zardes

Let's discuss. I am OK with the group of GKs, D and MFs. Adams and Roldan are the 2 I am interested to see if they can produce at this level. You still have Julian Green and Acosta in reserve.

Forwards: This is the biggest question mark. Obviously a good test to see what Jordan Morris' fitness and ability at the international level will be. At the end of the day I still think Wood, Weah, and Sargent will be the primary group with Weah flexing between MF and F (same with Pulisic). As much as I like Arriola's speed he is somewhat limited against bigger, more physical backs, especially when it comes to winning something in the box. I will plead ignorance on Baird, Lewis, and Ramirez as I do not know enough about them. What I have seen in limited action with LAFC this year, Ramirez is a bruiser who can find some space and create chances.

Anyone I am missing who was left off? I don't think Altidore will be part of the mix moving into the next qualification cycle.

I also plead ignorance on Baird, Lewis & Ramirez, as well as Lima, Long, & Lovitz except that 3 or 4 of these guys played in most recent friendlies and looked excruciatingly average. Not too crazy about Trapp, Ream or Arriola(well, maybe). Are you kidding me? Omar(the tentmaker) Gonzalez??? This guy doesn't have a clue & has cost the US more goals than the flu.

I like Adams, Brooks(the indispensable man), the 3 goalies, McKennie, Pulisic,Morris, Zardes(I guess) & Yedlin(meh).

Pretty disappointing overall, although club seasons are still going on overseas. I have a bad feeling that this group will have their a$$es handed to them by Ecuador & Chile later this month.

Trapp is your captain in that group. Arriola can ball.

Zardes, Bradley and Gonzalez are there as lockerroom guys to pass the torch. Non factors.

Otherwise totally agree with the above.

I also plead ignorance on Baird, Lewis & Ramirez, as well as Lima, Long, & Lovitz except that 3 or 4 of these guys played in most recent friendlies and looked excruciatingly average. Not too crazy about Trapp, Ream or Arriola(well, maybe). Are you kidding me? Omar(the tentmaker) Gonzalez??? This guy doesn't have a clue & has cost the US more goals than the flu.

I like Adams, Brooks(the indispensable man), the 3 goalies, McKennie, Pulisic,Morris, Zardes(I guess) & Yedlin(meh).

Pretty disappointing overall, although club seasons are still going on overseas. I have a bad feeling that this group will have their a$$es handed to them by Ecuador & Chile later this month.
I like Lima's game and creativity moving forward as an outside back. One name not on the list that I will think will be back in the mix is Villafana, but I think it's either him or Long going into qualifying, not both. I like Yedlin's game a lot. I am hoping Bierhalter's experience helps the entire backline develop a little more cohesiveness, especially for guys like Gonzalez and Brooks.

Trapp-someone sees a lot in him and maybe I just haven't seen enough, but there's obviously enough of something there to make him the plan moving forward as the 6 or the 10 in the long term.

Berhalter used him at the 6 after another guy got hurt @ Columbus. I just don't see him developing enough vs Intl competition for upcoming tourneys & WC. Both friendlies this month will be interesting.

Watching Fulham v Liverpool right now. Ream has had a nice game in the back in spite of having to track Mo Salah the entire game. LFC’s lone goal came on a beautiful build up on the side opposite of Ream.

1-1 tie with Chile tonight. And Chile has most of their A team. Pulisic with a peach of a goal. So 3-0-1 through 4 matches with Beerhalter. The style is better, more press up top. The backline seems more organized and together. I know a lot of people aren’t high on Arriola, but he keeps showing a lot of pace on the outside and the backs are having a difficult time containing him. He also sees the field extremely well.

Yeah, Arriola did OK but has little speed & got smoked repeatedly(or maybe it was Lletget who got smoked-don't recall). And Zardes had one moment with that assist on CP's goal. He's one of Beer?halter's boys so get used to him for the duration. Is anyone still a fan of Ream? This dude is just out of his depth. His repeated gaffs will cost us when the games really count. And Omar apparently is around for more than "senior leadership". Uh oh!! Don't know much about Baird or Lovitz but they did not distinguish themselves. Altidore will soon be around so get ready for him with all his baggage.

Cp's goal was sweet but he did a knee or thigh muscle and left early. Just very concerned about his long injury list. Wait till he meets people like Vincent Kompany in the EPL. Needs to add about 5 lbs or more of solid muscle-everywhere.

BTW, Wes Mckinnie's ankle is kind of serious. Ruptured a tendon which will take 8 wks. or more. So much for Gold Cup & the rest of Schalke's season. Sucks! He was starting & they were winning.

Trapp's passes out of the middle to start an attack were not accurate for the most part. Maybe he'll develop-sure hope so since he's one of Beer?halter's boys. For every pretty pass by Bradley, he screwed up two more & lost possession. Yedlin-no wonder him & his club team are about to be relegated & when it happens, no EPL club will pick him up,IMO. He & CP were the only Euro guys who played although Beer?halter is playing a lot of other guys to "see whether they will fit". It shouldn't be too tough a job to find other's to try out. We'll see who he calls up for the Gold Cup but so far-I'm worried.

Last edited:
Yeah, Arriola did OK but has little speed & got smoked repeatedly(or maybe it was Lletget who got smoked-don't recall). And Zardes had one moment with that assist on CP's goal. He's one of Beer?halter's boys so get used to him for the duration. Is anyone still a fan of Ream? This dude is just out of his depth. His repeated gaffs will cost us when the games really count. And Omar apparently is around for more than "senior leadership". Uh oh!! Don't know much about Baird or Lovitz but they did not distinguish themselves. Altidore will soon be around so get ready for him with all his baggage.

Cp's goal was sweet but he did a knee or thigh muscle and left early. Just very concerned about his long injury list. Wait till he meets people like Vincent Kompany in the EPL. Needs to add about 5 lbs or more of solid muscle-everywhere.

Trapp's passes out of the middle to start an attack were not accurate for the most part. Maybe he'll develop-sure hope so since he's one of Beer?halter's boys. For every pretty pass by Bradley, he screwed up two more & lost possession. Yedlin-no wonder him & his club team are about to be relegated & when it happens, no EPL club will pick him up,IMO. He & CP were the only Euro guys who played although Beer?halter is playing a lot of other guys to "see whether they will fit". It shouldn't be too tough a job to find other's to try out. We'll see who he calls up for the Gold Cup but so far-I'm worried.
We'll see. I think you will see the likes of Weah, McKinnie when healthy, Pulisic. Personally I think Wood is a better option up top than Altidore or Zardes, and I think Morris is Altidore's eventual replacement although he didn't look full-speed in either of these last 2 fixtures. I thought last night's defensive starters were better than last Thursday's considering Chile's quality of attackers. That said, I did think Brooks and Long as the CBs were better than Gonzalez and Miazga.

I share the same concern about Trapp. He forced a pass late last night and it almost came back to bite the US. Ream was able to get a body on Vidal and not let him get a head to the ball. He seems to overthink everything and his decision making is slow and it is going to be costly. Roldan is a better option in that role right now.

1-1 tie with Chile tonight. And Chile has most of their A team. Pulisic with a peach of a goal. So 3-0-1 through 4 matches with Beerhalter. The style is better, more press up top. The backline seems more organized and together. I know a lot of people aren’t high on Arriola, but he keeps showing a lot of pace on the outside and the backs are having a difficult time containing him. He also sees the field extremely well.
All of this.

No way Omar plays a game that matters. No way.

Who is Gianluca Busio? He's scored in 3 consecutive MLS games for SKC. He's also only 16 years old.

Never heard of the kid but Tab Ramos might keep a eye on him for the U-20 WC for some extra scoring punch.

Never heard of the kid but Tab Ramos might keep a eye on him for the U-20 WC for some extra scoring punch.
If you're only 16 and playing for a top level side anywhere in the world, you might have some promise. If he's already playing at that level, he should be in the mix for the U23 group and in consideration for the Olympic side.

Reactions: TU4ever2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT