ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Has anyone watched any Ole Miss football this year? I didn’t realize Kiffin runs the same offense we do just at a much faster pace. They’re running all over Alabama tonight. Unfortunately Ole Miss’ D is not great.

It’s a grab bag. Jeff Lebby calls the plays. He was the resident genius at Baylor during the glory years when Monty was in the booth making sure everyone’s pens on the desk were lined up with his. The concepts are borrowed from the Air Raid, the Heupel version of the old OU power running version of the Air Raid, and elements of the Veer and Shoot. They’ve run that pop play up inside out of 21 personnel that is a staple of Montgomery. It’s entertaining. Some of the power iso with oversized guards from the Baylor book, not so entertaining.

Last edited:
It’s a grab bag. Jeff Lebby calls the plays. He was the resident genius at Baylor during the glory years when Monty was in the booth making sure everyone’s pens on the desk were lined up with his. The concepts are borrowed from the Air Raid, the Heupel version of the old OU power running version of the Air Raid, and elements of the Veer and Shoot. They’ve run that pop play up inside out of 21 personnel that is a staple of Montgomery. It’s entertaining. Some of the power iso with oversized guards from the Baylor book, not so entertaining.
Well it’s keeping them in the game with Bama which is not something Ole Miss has done in quite a while. BTW, the SEC as a whole this year is a whole lot of awful defense. It looks like flag football out there.

Reactions: HuffyCane
"resident genius"... more like "resident kid dating the coache's daughter"... he was the RB coach. Certainly wasn't calling plays. He was also directly accused along with Art Briles of not properly handling violence committed by a Baylor player. Also, he's Brile's son in law. The fact that he's coaching anywhere after Baylor is amazing.

"resident genius"... more like "resident kid dating the coache's daughter"... he was the RB coach. Certainly wasn't calling plays. He was also directly accused along with Art Briles of not properly handling violence committed by a Baylor player. Also, he's Brile's son in law. The fact that he's coaching anywhere after Baylor is amazing.
Well, at least you sorta recognize I was being sarcastic. He was passing game coordinator as well as recruiting coordinator and a couple of other things, none of which were more important than what you cite: it seems like everybody on the Briles staff covered up player violence or misconduct at some point going back to the early 1990’s.

Has anyone watched any Ole Miss football this year? I didn’t realize Kiffin runs the same offense we do just at a much faster pace. They’re running all over Alabama tonight. Unfortunately Ole Miss’ D is not great.
TULSA WANTS BAMA

Only person calling plays in Briles' offense was Briles.

Thats why I say that there will eventually be a school that finds an old priest and a new priest and uses the power of Christ to cleanse him and get him back in the game...

Only person calling plays in Briles' offense was Briles.

Thats why I say that there will eventually be a school that finds an old priest and a new priest and uses the power of Christ to cleanse him and get him back in the game...
Yes. I was being sarcastic. Until a year or two ago, he wasn’t known for anything other than marrying Briles’ daughter and being the guy who got caught spying on OU from the Tulsa sideline.

Yes. I was being sarcastic. Until a year or two ago, he wasn’t known for anything other than marrying Briles’ daughter and being the guy who got caught spying on OU from the Tulsa sideline.

I knew you were being sarcastic... i wasnt.

Some one is going to ressurect him and all will be forgiven when he delivers 12 win seasons to a never was or has been of a program.

Possibly Nebraska or Florida State.

With the Jameis Winston rape controversy gripping that town and the resulting blow back from the state legislature down the street, I can assure you that there is no chance he gets hired at Florida State, especially after the way his son performed. Nebraska has a guy coaching now that they know ran into a bathroom and locked the door while a teammate violently beat his “girlfriend”, then dragged her down some stairs. They would hire Pol Pot if it gets them out of the Big Ten and the donations up.

Reactions: bluegold70
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT