ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio St. beats Alabama...

TU Sepp

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Feb 8, 2004
I think the SEC was greatly overrated this year...

Alabama, Miss. St., Old Miss and Auburn all went down to defeat this year...

The Big 10 with OSU, Mich St. and Wisconsin all having quality wins seem to have taken the title as the #1 power conference this year...

Just think the OSU qb was their 3rd string qb in only his 2nd game as a starter...

Sepp, the SEC has been on a slow decline in overall excellence for 2-3 years. While the bottom teams (Ole Miss, Miss St) have improved, what has really happened is the top teams (Florida, LSU, BAMA) have slipped some and the parity is more due to all teams being closer to good than teams raising their level to excellent. IMO, TCU and Oregon were the 2 best teams over the course of the season. Ohio St, BAMA, Baylor, and Mich St the next 4.

As for Cardale Jones, someone needs to keep his dumb a$$ off Twitter. He's easily the best 3rd string QB in the country which is why the guy who was one of the Heisman Trophy favorites coming in to this season is exploring a transfer option for next year (Braxton Miller).
Posted from Rivals Mobile

OSU proved the haters wrong. They deserved to be in the playoffs but FSU did not. The only problem was FSU was an undefeated team form a power 5 conference so they had to be included. I had the top 6 teams ranked like this:

1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. TCU
4. OSU
5. FSU
6. Baylor

I think there should be a 6 team playoff. The top 2 seeds get a bye while #3 plays #6 and #4 plays #5 on Christmas day in the Fiesta and Orange Bowls. The highest rated winning team plays the #2 seed and the lowest seeded winning team will play the #1 seed in the Rose and Sugar Bowl on New Year's Day. The winners play in the National Championship game. a week or so later. I think this will happen in the next 5 years.

The way Meyer has handle his QB injuries and the way his team performed tonight is simply a reminder that Urban Meyer belongs in the same conversation as Nick Saban or vice-versa.

TX

G & B...

I don't see a 6 team playoff...

I think they will go to 8 teams or stay at 4...

Originally posted by GoldandBlew:

OSU proved the haters wrong. They deserved to be in the playoffs but FSU did not. The only problem was FSU was an undefeated team form a power 5 conference so they had to be included. I had the top 6 teams ranked like this:

1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. TCU
4. OSU
5. FSU
6. Baylor

I think there should be a 6 team playoff. The top 2 seeds get a bye while #3 plays #6 and #4 plays #5 on Christmas day in the Fiesta and Orange Bowls. The highest rated winning team plays the #2 seed and the lowest seeded winning team will play the #1 seed in the Rose and Sugar Bowl on New Year's Day. The winners play in the National Championship game. a week or so later. I think this will happen in the next 5 years.
The 6 team model makes too much sense, but 3 weeks of potential travel will not work. The 3 v 6 and 4 v 5 games will need to take place on campus. The next 2 rounds as they are today could be at Bowl sites.

I have read the current 4 team playoff is iron clad for 12 years.

Some years a case can be made for 4 teams, some years 6. The ultimate fail this season was the committee did not truly compares FSU's body of work to TCU. FSU was a total fraud, only unbeaten team to win as many as 7 games by less than 6 points. Whereas TCU, with the exception of 9:00 of bad defense vs Baylor, captured 8 wins by more than 3 TD's.

Despite being undefeated, FSU did not deserve to be in the top 4, all of Alabama, Oregon, TCU, and Ohio State had many more quality wins with less threat of defeat. The committee was an absolute joke, a time when the subjective human element failed to produce the right outcome.

TX

TX

Next year it probably won't be six teams. It might be five or it
could be eight. Each year will be different.

Playoff: 16 or 32 teams.
Must include each D1 conference champion-
and then andd ome at large teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT